27th January 2011, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

Masters in Biotechnology from USA after B.Sc (Biotechnology) from India? Any necessary exams for admission?

I am doing B.Sc. biotechnology right now in India and after some months my family was immigrating to USA. So should i get admission over there for doing masters in biotechnology. And what are the necessary requirements for the admission over there? Should i have to give TOEFL - GRE / ILTES/ any other exams for the admission?

Related Questions:
  1. How to go for further studies in Biotechnology? I have done BSc Honors in Biotechnology
  2. How to do my MSc Biotechnology from USA? I am doing TYBSc Biotechnology
  3. What is the procedure followed for getting admission for M.Sc Biotechnology?
  4. What is the procedure of taking admission Masters in Biotechnology in USA?
  5. Should I go for BSc Biotechnology or B.Tech Biotechnology?
  6. Criteria for applying for MSc Biotechnology course in USA? Which entrance exam do I need to answer? What are the qualifications required and how much marks are needed in BSc?
  7. Courses related to Biotechnology available to study in USA for M.Sc postgraduate?
  8. Which University I can opt in US for doing Masters in biotechnology if I have completed from Pakistan?
  9. Which course I can take up in masters after completion of B.E in Biotechnology?
  10. Previous year sample papers of entrance exam for M.Sc Biotechnology course? List of universities to apply for M.Sc Biotechnology? -- [New]
  11. How to do MBA in Biotechnology after doing BSc Biotechnology? What is the procedure to join MBA?
  12. Criteria for admission in masters in USA after doing BSc Biotechnology? Is there any entrance exam which we have to write?
  13. Eligibility to study M.Sc(Biotechnology) in USA? Entrance exams to be appear?
  14. Can I get admission to study MS(Biotechnology) if my family is immigrating to USA?
  15. Institutes offering Masters in Medical Biotechnology and other streams of Biotechnology?
  16. Online course and certifications to do jobs after doing Masters in Biotechnology?
  17. Which course I can take up between masters in biotechnology and masters in public health for doing in abroad?
  18. How to do masters in medical biotechnology? I am a student of BSc Biotech
3rd February 2011, 04:32 PM
primsaa

Default Re: Masters in Biotechnology from USA after B.Sc (Biotechnology) from India? Any necessary exams for admission?

yes, you can apply for masters in Biotechnology in USA. For that, you have to appear in GRE, which is for entrence in reknowned universities in USA, Canada and ther countries.
Any individual who has an educational background of 10+2+ graduation study in recognised institution, can appear for GRE. And as you are eligible, you must go for it.
The test has rigorous procedure. It comprises of three sections-
-the verbal reasoning
-quantitative reasoning
-analytical writing
You also must appear for TOEFL as mostly all universities ask for TOEFL/ ILTES qualification. so i suggest you to giv these examinations in prior!

All the Best!
3rd February 2011, 06:02 PM
swati biswas

Default Re: Masters in Biotechnology from USA after B.Sc (Biotechnology) from India? Any necessary exams for admission?

List of universities for studying masters in biotechnology:

Boston University:: Associate DIrector of Admissions, Boston Director of Admissions, Boston University, 121 Bay State Road, Boston, MA02215

Bradley University:: Executive Director of Enrollment Management, Bradley University, 1501 West Bradley Avenue, Peoria, IL 61625-0002

Brigham Young University:: Dean of Admissions and Records, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT 84602-1001.

California State Politechnic University, Pomona:: Associate Director of Admissions, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, 3801west temple avenue, pomona, CA- 91768-2557

Clarion University of Pennsylvania:: Dean of Enrollment Management and Academic Records, Clarion University of Pennsylvania, Clarion, PA 16214.

Eastern Washington University:: Director of Admissions, Eastern Washington University, EWUMS-148,Cheney,WA-99004-2431

Ferris State University:: Dean of Enrollment Services, Feris State University, PRK 110, Big Rapids, MI-49307

Indiana State University:: Assistant V.P.for Academic Affairs/Director of Admissions, Indiana State University, Terre Haute,IN 47809 - 1401

Manhattan College:: Dean of Admissions/Financial Aid, Manhattan College, 4513 Manhattan College Parkway, Riverdale, NY 10471

Michigan State University:: DIrector of Admissions, Michigan state University, East Lansing, MI-48824-1020

Michigan Technological University:: Director of Under graduate Admissions, Michigan Technological University, 1400Townsend Drive, Houghton, MI-49931-1295

Niagara University:: Associate Director of Admissions, Niagara University, NY 14109

Noth Easterm University:: Dean of Admissions, Northern University, 360 Huntington Avenue, Boston MA-02115-5096.

Oklahoma State University:: High School and College Relations, Oklahoma State University, Stilwater, OK 74078

Pennsylvania State University University Park Campus:: Vice Provost for enrollment Management and Administrator, Pennsylvania State University University Park Campus, University Park Campus, PA 16802-1503

Purdue University Calumet:: Acting Director of Admissions, Purdue University Calumet, 173rd and Woodmar Avenue, Hammond, IN 46323-2094,

Rutgers State University of New Jersey,University College -Camden:: Assistant Vice President for University Undergraduate admissions, Rutgers State University of New Jersey, University College-Camden, P.O Box2101, New Brunswick, NJ08903-2101.

Rutgress, State University of New Jersey, Camden College of Arts and Science:: Assistant Vice President for University Undergraduate admissions, Rutgers State University of New Jersey, Camden College of Arts and Science, P.O Box2101, New Brunswick, NJ08903-2101.

Sacred Heart University:: Dean of freshmen Admissions, Sacred Heart University, Fairfield, CT-06432-1000

St:Cloud State University:: Director of Admissions, St:Cloud State University, St:Cloud,MN-56301-4498
Suffolk University:: Dean of enrollment and retention management, Suffolk University, 8Ashbusrton Place, Boston, MA-02108-2770

Thomas Jefferson University:: Associate Director of Admissions, Thomas Jefferson University, Edison Building, Suite 1610, 130 South Ninth Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107

University of Delaware:: Associate Provost for admissions and students financial aid, University of Delaware, Newark, DE-19716

University of Missouri-St.Louis:: Acting Director of Admission, University of Missouri-St.Louis,Woods hall,St.Louis,MO-63121-4499

University of North Carolina at Asheville:: Director of Admission, University of North Carolina at Asheville, Univewrsity Heights, Asheville, NC 28804 - 3299

University of North Carolina at Greensboro:: Director of Admissions, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, 1000Spring Garden Street, Greensboro, NC 27412-0001

University of Northern Iowa:: Director of Enrollment Management and Admissions, University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, IA 50614

University of the District of Columbia:: Director of Recruitment and Admission, University of the District of Columbia, 4200 Connecticut Avenue,NW,Washington,DC-20008-1175

University of Wisconsin-River Falls:: Director of Admissions, University of Wisconsin-River Falls, River Falls, WI 54022-5013

Weber State University:: School Services Admission Advisor, Weber State University, 3750 Harrison Boulevard, Ogden, UT 84408-0002

Worcester Polytechnic Institute:: Executive director of Admissions and Financial Aid, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, MA 01609-2247.

York College of the city University of New York:: Director of Admission,York College of the city University of New York,94-20Guy Brewer Boulevard,Jamaica,NY 11451-0001

Yes my friend you do have to appear for GRE.
3rd February 2011, 10:09 PM
drkpp
Senior Member+

For doing Masters in Bio-Technology, a student's visa is required.
You need to give TOEFL [Test of English as Foreign Language].
A TOEFL score of more than 600 is required.
A GRE/GMAT is recommended to facilitate the process of admission but is not necessary.
4th February 2011, 07:31 PM
sachinsharma
Member+

I have provide you college list in which M.sc biotechnology is available.requirement is also display.

University of Wisconsin – Madision – M.S. Biotechnology

California State University – Channel Islands – M.S. biotechnology and Bioinformatics, M.S. Biotechnology and MBA Dual Degree

University of Maryland University College – M.S. Biotechnology ( No GRE Required)

Georgetown University – M.S. Biotechnology, M.S. Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (GRE Not Required)

Northeastern University – PSM Biotechnology

Indiana University School of Medicine – M.S. Biotechnology – GRE Scores Not required

John Hopkins University – M.S. Biotechnology/MBA
4th February 2011, 10:49 PM
Irfan bashir

yes u can but may be a entrance is definite but lot of universities take directly
13th February 2011, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

is a Bsc candidate eligible for admission into a masters programme in the usa???
25th February 2011, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

is 60percent marks neccesary for mtech
20th March 2011, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

my son kum swpnil satish khadke has passed b pharmacy in pune university with 72 percent
and also he has ielts score with 6.5 band,can you please guide me to in with university give
my son admission for ms in biotechnology at us
29th March 2011, 12:03 AM
Unregistered

i m doing bsc biotechnology,and i want to do msc biotechnology in new jersey..please suggest me colleges for msc biotechnology in new jersey..and also admission requirements
13th April 2011, 02:33 AM
Unregistered

I'm doing S.Y.B.Sc.Biotechnology. i wanted to do my M.Sc.Biotechnology in USA (preference New york University or Central Washington University). i just wanted to know the procedure for applying to these universities, and the qualification, eligibility and marks n everything needed for applying.
17th April 2011, 12:42 AM
Unregistered

I am student of Bsc Biotechnology. This is a three year course in India. I want to pursue my Masters in Biotechnology. Can you tell me with this 12 3 years of course will make me eligible for a Masters Program in US as most of the universities in US recognizes 12 4 years or program from India. Please guide me.
22nd April 2011, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

are there any colleges in the US that will accept a 3 years graduation course? most accept only 4 years ones i think.so is there a list of colleges that make an exception n accept 3 yr BSc students??
2nd May 2011, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

i have done my B.sc in India can i do my M S in U S
7th May 2011, 12:40 AM
Unregistered

I am studing integrated biotechnology from s.p. university from india. My family shifts in america on immigration. so shall i get direct admission in masters in new jersy. or i have to give any entrance exam? please suggest me integrated biotechnology collages in new jersy!
11th May 2011, 12:46 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my Bio-technolgy in india and i want 2 do masters in U.S.A.can u pls tell me it is 12 3 years required or 12 4 years are required for master programme in bio-technology.
18th May 2011, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

i have done my BE (biotechnology) , i want to do ms in biotechnology is GRE required for all universities in usa
5th July 2011, 01:00 AM
Unregistered

hi i hve completed my graduation in bsc biotechnology can any one suggest me a good college for my masters in usa , and what i want to do for it
12th August 2011, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

After doing MS in Biotechnology in USA, What is the job opportunity in USA? And in doing MS in Biotechnology Which type of the courses available? please send me the list of the courses of MS in Biotechnology and colleges name in Texas.
2nd November 2011, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

i have done a 3year BA degree from India and Currently doing masters(history major)..........i cleared the GRE exam with a composite score of 840..........willing to persue MA in american history in US.............please specify me what are the admission chances ???
14th December 2011, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am doing B.Sc. biotechnology right now in India and after some months my family was immigrating to USA. So should i get admission over there for doing masters in biotechnology. And what are the necessary requirements for the admission over there? Should i have to give TOEFL - GRE / ILTES/ any other exams for the admission?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have completed my Bio-technolgy in india and i want 2 do masters in U.S.A.can u pls tell me it is 12 3 years required or 12 4 years are required for master programme in bio-technology.

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=344349#ixzz1gVsbZsOe
30th January 2012, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

I want to do b.sc from usa after 12th
24th June 2013, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

I am doing Bsc biotechnology (3rd semester ) in Kerala, india . After few Months Me and my family Will immigrate to USA. So i need to know that , If I Could continue my studies there in any of the colleges in New york. Is it possible to study there with my 3rd sem. ? If possible , Please suggest me some Colleges in Newyork (ONLY)
31st August 2013, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my m sc in biotechnology from south gujarat university. i have 10 2 3 2 years education. Is 17 years education is sufficient to take admission in ph d in biotechnolohy in america or they must required 18 years education for ph d? and which GRE test i should give? GRE subject test or GRE revised general test? Are they consider any research experience and any paper publication for giving admission? If GRE subject test is needed which subject test is required any specialized test related to biotechnology?
23rd May 2016, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

Hi I have H4 visa should I write GRE and TOEFL to join any university in USA
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?