31st December 2018, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

Mathematics or Computer Science, which one is better to study in BSc?

Hi friends, I had both Mathematics and Computer Science in my 12th standard. Now, I want to do BSc. So, I would like to know that between these two subjects, which one is better to study? Please help me to know about this.

3rd January 2019, 03:09 PM
Meg24

Default Re: Mathematics or Computer Science, which one is better to study in BSc?

Hello,

Both are good choices and have a value for education and is worth of your hard work.
But I suggest you to follow your passion and your favorite subject should be chosen
After completing Bsc maths you can opt for Msc maths and be a lecturer with a good package.
But 21st century is the field of technology,it's the era of 4th industrial revolution and computer science is an ever blooming field.
So I suggest you to go fir Bsc computer science unless you wanna be a Mathematics professor.
Good luck
4th January 2019, 03:13 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Mathematics or Computer Science, which one is better to study in BSc?

Mathematics and Computer Science both has good career opportunities.

After completing B.Sc in Mathematics , you can pursue higher studies to increase chances of better jobs or else can apply for jobs like UPSC, TET (you need to complete B.Ed also), SSC etc.

After completing B.Sc in Computer Science, you can pursue higher studies to increase chances of better jobs or else can work in IT companies as Software Developer, Project Manager, Software Programmer etc.

So, I will suggest you to do that course in which you have utmost interest.
4th January 2019, 09:29 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

I would like to suggest you to persue B.Sc in Computer Science because you will have better future because of its demand in private sector.
Nowadays, there is too much competition in government sector hence for certain period of time it is very important to make career in private sector hence BSC in Computer Science will be beneficial for you in this competitive world.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?