28th February 2017, 01:31 AM
Unregistered

May I fill JEE Main 2017 form if passed in 5 subjects without maths?

I passed class 12 CBSE in 2016, but could not get succeed in maths. I am appearing for improvement in maths the exam for which will be held in march-2017. Can i fill JEE Main 2017 form.

28th February 2017, 01:09 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: May I fill JEE Main 2017 form if passed in 5 subjects without maths?

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination. The last date to apply for JEE Main examination 2017 is already over. You can not apply for this year exam. You can appear for improvement examination of Mathematics and score well so that you can apply for JEE Main 2018.

You must note that JEE Main 2018 will be your last attempt as there are three consecutive attempts for JEE Main and two attempts for JEE Advanced.
28th February 2017, 02:15 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: May I fill JEE Main 2017 form if passed in 5 subjects without maths?

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and same is a national level engineering entrance examination held by CBSE once every year for offering admission in undergraduate technical degree course in various CFTIs like IITs, NIT, IIITs, etc. and other private technical colleges.

The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in the same examination is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects from a recognized board.

Now as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in JEE 2017 having failed in your Mathematics paper last year and appearing in the improvement examination of same this year then I would like to let you know that even you qualify your Mathematics paper this year you are not eligible for appearing in JEE 2017 as per the norms of JEE one has to reappear in all its paper once again in case of students appearing in improvement examination and hence by appearing in only one paper you are not eligible for appearing in JEE 2017.

For more details about JEE and FAQs related to the same you can refer to its official link i.e; www.jeemain.nic.in.
28th February 2017, 03:23 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination. For this examination candidate must have passed 12th class with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as a main subjects in your 12th class. The minimum age of candidate must be 17 years. candidate, who are appearing in class 12th or qualifying exam in 2017 can also apply. As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to fill JEE Main 2017 form if passed in 5 subjects without maths.
28th February 2017, 06:03 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

1. You can not fill the application form of Joint Entrance Examination Main after not securing passing marks in mathematics. Your mark sheet status of 10+2 is fail. Second most important thing for JEE Main examination is that its last date to apply for JEE Main is over.

2. You can appear for improvement examination of mathematics in 10+2 and then obtain good marks and apply for JEE Main 2018.
28th February 2017, 08:22 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

JEE is Joint Entrance Examination.

About JEE examination:

JEE is engineering entrance exam. It has two stages JEE Main and Advanced. JEE Advanced is second stage of this examination and its rank is used as basis for admission in most prestigious technical institute called Indian Institute of Technology.

Eligibility:

Engineering candidate should not failed in any subject of board exam and studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. You can apply for JEE Main exam after clearing mathematics failed status.

JEE Main 2018 notification will come in December, 2017.
28th February 2017, 08:48 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and same is held once every year by CBSE in two stages which includes JEE Main and JEE Advanced.

Also JEE consists of two paper out of which Paper I is held for admission in B.Tech / B.E. degree course and Paper II is held for admission in B.Arch.

Further the minimum educational qualification required for paper I is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects from a recognized board where as same for the paper II is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline but with Mathematics as one of the main subject from a recognized board.

So as it is quite clear that for both the papers of JEE, Mathematics is a compulsory subject and hence without having Mathematics at your higher secondary level you are not eligible for appearing in JEE.

Further as you are concerned about your eligibility after clearing Mathematics paper through improvement examination then I would like to let you know that you will be considered eligible only if you reappear in the improvement examination of all your concerned papers of Class 12th not only in Mathematics.

For more details about JEE and FAQs related to its eligibility you can visit the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
28th February 2017, 08:50 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for JEE Main examination even if you have not passed Mathematics subject in your 12th standard. But, at the time of declaration of JEE Main examination results, you should have passed Mathematics subject of your 12th standard else, you are not eligible to participate in counselling process for getting admission through JEE Main examination.
28th February 2017, 11:38 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination.

The eligibility criteria for JEE Main is:

~~Academic requirement for this exam is that you must have done 12th from a recognized board. Your essential subjects in 12th must include Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

~~Since you have failed in mathematics, you can not apply for JEE Main.

You can apply for JEE Main in 2018.
1st March 2017, 12:48 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and it is held by CBSE once in a year for admission of deserving candidates for their undergraduate technical degree course from top engineering colleges like IIT, NIT, ISM, etc. and other private engineering colleges.

First thing I would like to you know that as per the norms for eligibility of JEE for students appearing in improvement examination is that the student appearing in improvement examination is eligible only if he/she appears in all of their Class 12th paper once again and hence by reappearing in only one of the paper i.e; Mathematics of your Class 12th you are not eligible for same examination as per the discussed criteria.

For more details and FAQs about JEE you can visit the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
6th March 2018, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

I passed hs board with PCMB where math is additional subject but I passed if I eligible for jeemain 2018
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?