19th April 2018, 08:29 AM
Unregistered

Mechanical or Chemical, which is better to study in BTech?

Hi everyone, I am interested to study Mechanical Engineering in my BTech course. But my elder brother is telling me to study Chemical Engineering instead of Mechanical Engineering. I am little confused. Please tell me which one I should choose to study?

Related Questions:
  1. Total expenses to study BTech(Chemical Engineering)? How much loan will be granted?
  2. How much does it costs to study BTech(Chemical Engineering)? How much loan will be granted?
  3. Best Engineering colleges in India? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Job opportunities through BTech(Chemical Engineering) course? Is it a best branch to study in BTech?
  5. List of universities offering MS in Germany to BTech Mechanical student
  6. Is it possible to study B.Tech Chemical Engineering after finishing B.Tech? I am doing B.Tech IT 2nd year
  7. Mechanical or Agricultural, which has better scope to study in BTech?
  8. How to study in B.Tech in Civil or Chemical Engineering after completing diploma in Ceremic Technology
  9. How to study MS in NUS after doing 2nd year B.Tech Chemical
  10. Colleges or universities preferable for doing M.S in Chemical Engineering?
  11. Can I get admission to study B.Tech(Chemical/Mechanical Engineering) being a Diploma Chemical Engineer with one year of experience?
  12. Job opportunities for BTech Mechanical students of IIT?
  13. Job opportunities for Girls in Chemical Engineering? Syllabus of the B.Tech Chemical Engineering in Kerala University?
  14. Should I study BTech in Telangana being a candidate of Bihar?
  15. ISC or WBCHSE, which is better to study in HS for BTech(Mechanical Engineering) aspirant?
  16. Whether there are less job opportunities for BTech Mechanical student? -- [New]
  17. Job oriented courses available to study for Diploma Mechanical student except BTech?
  18. Chemical industries offering Summer Internship to BTech Chemical 2nd year student?
30th April 2018, 12:27 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Mechanical or Chemical, which is better to study in BTech?

When it comes to pursue bachelor's degree or any other course, follow your interest rather than suggestion of near and dear ones. You have to pursue the course not anyone else. Mechanical engineering is one of the best discipline of engineering with lots of job opportunities in public and private sector.

In simple words, it is better than Chemical engineering. You should go for this stream of engineering without any doubt.
30th April 2018, 04:35 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Mechanical or Chemical, which is better to study in BTech?

There are four branch of engineering of engineering considered as evergreen branch of engineering:

1. Civil Engineering.

2. Mechanical engineering.

3. Electrical and Electronics Engineering.

4. Electronics and Communication Engineering.

Without any issue, opt mechanical engineering since you are interested in it. Chemical is good but not better than mechanical engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?