15th December 2016, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

Is a Medical Student eligible to appear for Civil Services Exam?

Respected Sir, I am pursuing MBBS and I wish to apply for Civil Services Exam so I want to know is a Medical Student eligible to appear for Civil Services Exam without having Maths as a subject of study?

17th December 2016, 09:48 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is a Medical Student eligible to appear for Civil Services Exam?

--> Civil Services examination is held by UPSC ( Union Public Service Commission ) once every year for recruitment of administrative officers such as IAS, IPS, IFS, etc. .

-->The examination is held in three stages which includes Preliminary Test, Mains and Personal Interview respectively.

--> The minimum qualifications required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years by the 1st August of that year in which your are appearing in the same examination if you belong to general category. Further age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognized university.

Since it is evident from the above mentioned educational qualification any bachelor degree holder are eligible for the same examination. Hence even medical student without Mathematics having bachelor degree are also eligible for appearing in the same examination.

For more details regarding the same examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
18th December 2016, 11:24 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is a Medical Student eligible to appear for Civil Services Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am pursuing MBBS and I wish to apply for Civil Services Exam so I want to know is a Medical Student eligible to appear for Civil Services Exam without having Maths as a subject of study?
Yes, MBBS candidates are eligible for Civil Service exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for Civil Service exam. This exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?