27th August 2010, 12:21 PM
deblohit bose

Minimum cutoff marks for IT engineers to get a job in TCS and CTS kolkata

my ygpa for 1st year is 7.13 & 2nd year 7.23 respactively..to get the as an IT engineer in CTS and TCS kolkata what should be my ygpa in 3rd and 4th year??does the company look for individual ygpa or the CG?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get job in TCS, CTS, Infosys and Capgemini if having 2 years gap after 12th? Percentage calculation in CTS and TCS?
  2. What is the eligibility for Wipro, Satyam, TCS and any other IT companies to apply for job?
  3. Which is better IT at TCS or ITIS at CTS for a fresher?
  4. Is it possible to get placed in TCS, CTS or Infosys before completion of my mechanical engineering course?
  5. Minimum marks required in 10th and Intermediate to get job in Infosys, Wipro, HCL, HP, TCS, CTS, Accenture and Mindtree?
  6. Whether eligibility crtiera for on-campus placement is same in TCS and CTS or not?
  7. How to do salary negotiation between two companies if I am a experienced candidate?
  8. Can I get job in TCS or other good companies after having 87% in SSLC, 58% in PUC and 65% in B.E? -- [New]
  9. Do TCS increases the pay of a candidate who is looking to migrate to another company? Which is better between Switching Techonology, Forcible Transfer, On-Site Opportunity and Appraisal?
  10. What is the criteria for selection in CTS company?
  11. Whether a Diploma engineer can get job in HCL, TCS, Infosys, Wipro, IBM, CTS etc.?
  12. Eligibility to become a Programmer Analyst in CTS for B.E.(EE) graduate who has 3 years of experience in TCS?
  13. Recruitment procedure in companies like TCS & CTS for B.Tech (ECE) 3rd year student?
  14. Procedure for Summer Internship in CTS company for 3rd year IT students?
  15. How much salary can I get after completion of B.Tech course?
  16. Am I eligible for TCS and CTS, Capgemini, Accenture and WIPRO
  17. Minimum Percentage required to get job in CTS for a Civil Engineering Candidate?
  18. What is the TCS placement eligibility criteria?
27th August 2010, 01:32 PM
sanjusays

Default Re: Minimum cutoff marks for IT engineers to get a job in TCS and CTS kolkata

Comapnies generally look for cgpa....Going by your current scores if you keep scoring at same level i dont see any prob for eligibility in tcs or any other top IT company....
27th August 2010, 02:36 PM
KHAN20

Thumbs up Re: Minimum cutoff marks for IT engineers to get a job in TCS and CTS kolkata

dear friend
the minimum cut of marks is 60%in overall semister.
good luck.
27th August 2010, 03:35 PM
kool
Senior Member++

Default Re: Minimum cutoff marks for IT engineers to get a job in TCS and CTS kolkata

dear friend,
for recruitment in either TCS/CTS, only 60% aggregate marks is required.
It doesn't matter what marks you get in 3rd & 4th year.
You should maintain the SGPA 6.75 through out.
& variation of your marks in 3rd & 4th year will create some problem for you in interview.
So, try to maintain your average marks in each semester.

good luck.
27th August 2010, 03:46 PM
kool
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Minimum cutoff marks for IT engineers to get a job in TCS and CTS kolkata

dear friend,
& variation of your marks in 3rd & 4th year will create some problem for you in interview.

good luck.
27th August 2010, 04:42 PM
subhash5687
Banned

they require cuttoff about 60%-65%in all so you should fullfill there criteria get job in them
27th August 2010, 04:42 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
the minimum cutoff marks for IT engineers to get a job in TCS and CTS in kolkata is 60% not only in your b.tech but also in your 10th and 12th standard.so try to get good marks in b.tech if you do not have in 12th or 12th level.
All The Best!
27th August 2010, 06:51 PM
vyshnavi sai

There is no minimum cutoff marks for any engineer in the campus placement.Up to some extent like 20% it will help u.remaining percent is the one ur knowledge,communication skills,programming development,team management,coordination.If u had these skills success is yours.

ALL THE BEST
27th August 2010, 07:23 PM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

TCS and CTS mostly takes students on the basis of cgpa.

you must have minimum 60% in your b.tech career.

all the best.
27th August 2010, 11:19 PM
Raj333

dear friend
minimum criteria for IT engineers to get a job in TCS and CTS kolkata is that he will get 60% marks throughout the career................your ygpa is above the cutoff marks for IT engineers to get a job in TCS and CTS kolkata. you will maintain your marks upto 4th year................

best of luck....................................
28th August 2010, 12:58 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi,
the tcs looks at the cgp,
you should have an overall percentage of above 60% in graduation,inter and 10th .
this is the basic criteria of of selecting
all the best
28th August 2010, 12:03 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

dear friend.

for both the the company the minimum marks require is 60% as in the 1st year as well in

the 2nd year your marks is about 61% so no it is ok. so you have to keep atleast this

performance.other wise in case of the below 60% marks you will not be eligible.
29th August 2010, 01:10 AM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

TCS and CTS generally come for on campus placement.. they want at least 60% aggregate throughout your career.. if you have that then you can apply for TCS and CTS..

all the best..
2nd September 2010, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

I have done my B.E in compuyer science from NSIT and I have aggregate of 56.07.Is there are companies who recruit
student below 60%.If yes ,please mention ?
I live in Delhi
5th September 2010, 07:45 AM
breakfreeferari

hi
Though i have cleared all rounds in TCS and waiting for offer letter I need some info about the criteria for TCS please help me. I did my graduation in commerce (accountancy honours) and PG in MCA . In bcom i have scored 61.1% in honours papers and not much around 40 % in pass papers under calcutta university how ever my final marksheet have the marks of only honours papers from both part one and part two honours subjects,in my final marksheet its 489/800 marks printed ,no marks for pass subjects is there in the final result I also have 1st class Bcom certificate and in MCA I have scored 8.34 aggregate cgpa which is OK for the TCS.and in class 12 i have got 63.4% by standard calculation(WBCHSE) and 1st division certificate,now i want to know that whether I am eligible for TCS if looking at the BCOM and class 12 result.
5th September 2010, 07:47 AM
breakfreeferari

also I want to know about the background checks conducted by TCS
21st September 2010, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

my aggregate for all the semesters is 59.83% .i got an offer letter from TCS stating minimum aggregate should be 60% .will they cancell my appointment?
22nd September 2010, 01:15 AM
Unregistered

I am also in the same situation.

My aggregate (total obtained marks / total marks) of all four years of engg. is 59.83. Because at the time of interview I mentioned marks of last 3 semesters (according to our university system), which is more than 60%, I have received an offer letter requiring 60% aggr. of all semesters.

Now this situation will create any problem to me...??? Will it lead to cancellation of my appointment letter...???

Please reply at earliest if you are aware of such a situation in past...
22nd September 2010, 10:25 PM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend,

TCS company needs engineer employees who got throughout 60% marks in their 10th,12th and engineering.
Company needs overall CGPA calculated at percentage scale. Like, in your case just check this out that CGPA/YGPA score has how much percentage. If you get your percentage above 60% then you are eligible for TCS entry level job as an engineer.
23rd September 2010, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

@Mr. Sushant,

Thank you for replying...

Now in my university generally there isn't any system of CGPA. And in general way my aggregate (Total obtained marks of all four years/total marks of 4 years) comes to 59.83%.

But if I try to convert it into relevant CGPA scheme through my college officials (on their letter pad), they show it 3.31/4.

Now in this kind of situation what should I do...??? How are my chances...??? And do think they will cancel appointment...???

Reply at the earliest...
23rd September 2010, 12:25 AM
Unregistered

Can I show them my relevant CGPA along with marksheets...??? Is it gonna be valid...???
23rd September 2010, 12:30 AM
Unregistered

As my aggregate is 59.83% (total obtained / total marks of all four years).

But if my college personnel issue transcript, it shows 3.31/4 CGPA.

Is it valid...??? How are there chances...???
23rd September 2010, 12:43 AM
yogeshkumarsoni

dear friend,

good luck.
23rd September 2010, 02:22 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

B.tech IT student can apply for recruitment in the given below companies

1.TCS.

2.CTS.

3.WIPRO.

4.Mahendra tech.

5.IBM.

6.Infosys.

7.patni computer.

8.HCL.

etc.

and criteria for those company is 65% marks in throughout of career.

all the best.........
1st October 2010, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

I have done my B.tech in information technology and I have aggregate of 68% in graduation and 79.5% in 12th and 92% in 10th. Is My ecademic qualification good for a job???
please reply me earliest........
thank you.....
11th October 2010, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

hi i have 62% in b.tech and inter 62% and tenth 54% can i eligible for attending the tcs
11th October 2010, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

hi i have 62% in b.tech and inter 62% and tenth 54% can i eligible for attending the tcs
12th October 2010, 11:58 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

minimum cut off marks to join in TCS or CTS Kolkata is 60% throughout.

in case of engineering you have to get cgpa 6.75 out of 10. you have more than this so you have no problem to eligible with your engineering marks. but you should have minimum 60% marks also in your 10 and 10+2 level,
14th October 2010, 10:08 AM
Unregistered

i have 75% marks in my gradution(bca),,,,but in my 10 i hve scored 57% nd in 12 i ve 58%......is m eligble....nd my mca is goin on wid gud marks.....
25th October 2010, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

i have aggregate of 65.3%(til 3-2) in b-tech and 83% in 10th and 83% in 12th can i get a job in TCS
26th October 2010, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

i have aggregate of 65.3%(til 3-2) in b-tech and 83% in 10th and 83% in 12th can i get a job in TCS
28th October 2010, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

hi ... i am doing engineering in e&ce branch...i am in 3rd yr bt i gt detained in 2nd yr ...so can u tell me that if this might effect in future....interviews...
22nd November 2010, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

hi, can one tell ..........if not cleared the btech subjects in first attempt....then will the company CTS give offer letter or not,if it will be a problem as CTS cutoff is 60% ..........if any one knows abt this query plz post a reply
5th December 2010, 10:17 PM
krishna rawali

Hello..!!
I have 73% in my 10th and 92% in Inter but my btech % is 59.1
can i get a job in TCS ..??
Waiting for your reply...!
Thanks in advance..!!
21st December 2010, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

i hace cgpa 6.98 from IT(B.tech)..and i got 63.2% in 10th and 62.4% in 12th...i am eligible for which companies
19th January 2011, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

i have 60.6 in b.tech(ece) and i got 78.5 inter and 79.5 in 10th iam eligible for which companies..please replay me
26th January 2011, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

hi,
my aggregate percentage is less than 60 can i eligible for IT jobs.
30th January 2011, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

what is eligibility to get a it job in tcs rit now upto 4-1 sem my aggr is 60.2
1st February 2011, 10:03 AM
Unregistered

i hav got cgpa 75% in B.tech(cse) and 68%in 10th exam,,,, bt 57.8% in 12th..............i know am not porperly eligible for this companies.bt any more chances to get job from cts , tcs or any others company.
1st February 2011, 10:14 AM
pea_rl

i have cgpa 7.5% in cse(B.tech)..and i got 68% in 10th bt 57.8% in 12th level...i know i am not eligible properly fro cts and tcs and all other company but thereis any chances to get job from cts and tcs and all others company with this requirment.plz help
4th February 2011, 09:29 AM
Unregistered

i have got 80% in 10 th level,61% in 12th level and 75% in b-tech. which IT companies are eligible for me?????? plz reply as soon as possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
18th February 2011, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

i ve got 95% in 10th,78% in 12th and my gpa is above 7.1 in all the semesters...n my average is 8.6...am i eligible??pls reply me soon.....:)
1st March 2011, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

hello...i have an agrregate of 63% upto 4-1 and 75.6 in 10th and 87 in 12th...am i eligible???
22nd March 2011, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

i have gotten 10th and 12th 69%. and my agregate percentage in b.tech is 66%.but my 6h sem marks 59%.
will i eligible for tcs,ibm or eccenture??
plz reply..............
22nd March 2011, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

my 10th and 12th marks 69%-69%(both).and my aggregate b.tech marks 66%............but my 6th sem marks 59%.
will i eligible for mnc companies like tcs,ibm or accenture?
4th June 2011, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

hi
i got 69.9% in my graduation.mnc's can consider it as 70%.
plz give me a reply urgent plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
6th June 2011, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

Im doing bca..... I got 57.4% in 10 and 67.6% in 12..... but my sem result is quite good... i got 8.00 in 1st sem, 8.14 in 2nd sem and 8.29 in 3rd sem... can i get job in cts????????? plz give me a reply................
13th June 2011, 12:18 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by cenaetion View Post
dear friend,

tcs and cts generally come for on campus placement.. They want at least 60% aggregate throughout your career.. If you have that then you can apply for tcs and cts..

All the best..
sir if v have 60.4% with 2 baklogs after 3rd year?? I mean v can still hav 1 more year.but if v want to b placed before 4th year ends in cts, is it possibble?
18th June 2011, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

I heard that TCS has a requriement of 50000 btech graduates this year . Is it true?
6th July 2011, 12:27 AM
Unregistered

By having 65% in btech and 64.5% in 10th and 88% in inter.. do i get job in MNC's like TCS WIPRO INFOTECH INFOSYS MAHINDRA . Plz temme ? [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?