12th June 2020, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

Minimum education required to apply for OTA?

I am 12th class student with Mathematics as one of m major subject. Am I eligible to apply in Officer Training Academy (OTA) now only? Or, do I need to wait until I complete my 12th final board exams?

14th June 2020, 10:59 AM
AancyYohannan
Member+

Default Re: Minimum education required to apply for OTA?

Hi,
Sorry to say but you are not eligible to apply in OTA.For applying in OTA you must be a graduate or atleast in the final year of graduation.After completing your graduation you can give the OTA CDS exam
14th June 2020, 07:17 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

OTA refers to Officer's Training Academy and to join the same one is required to qualify the CDS entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year.

Further, the minimum education required to apply for appearing in CDS entrance examination to join OTA are as below :-

* You must hold the nationality of Indian.

* Your age need to lie within 20 years to 25 years.

* You must have completed your degree course in any discipline from a recognised university. Students pursuing final year of their bachelor's degree course are also eligible.

* You must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

So, being a student of Class 12th you are not eligible to join OTA unless you complete your graduation degree course irrespective of subjects pursued at the higher secondary or graduation level.

For more details regarding the CDS entrance examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
14th June 2020, 08:17 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

To join OTA , candidates have to appear and qualify in CDS examination.

The required minimum educational qualification to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university in any discipline.

The age limit is 19-25 years. Examination is conducted in two stages for the final recruitment ( written and SSB ).

For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th June 2020, 08:51 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

OTA stands for Officer's Training Academy and it is one of the four wings of CDS (Combined Defense Services) and therefore to join the same you are required to qualify the CDS entrance examination held twice every year by UPSC.

Further, the minimum education required for appearing in the CDS examination for joining its OTA wing is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

So, being a student of Class 12th you are not eligible for joining OTA at this stage. Further, you can join the same after completion of your graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognised university.

For complete information about the CDS examination, you can visit the official website of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
14th June 2020, 09:31 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

1. The recruitment to different academies like IMA, INA, AFA, OTA etc is given through Combined Defence Services examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission. Minimum qualification for this exam is bachelor's degree.

At senior secondary level, you can apply for National Defence Academy examination conducted by UPSC twice every year.

For Air Force and Navy, Mathematics and Physics subject are necessary at 12th level.

2. The age criteria is 16.5 to 19.5 years.

3. Only unmarried male Indian candidates can apply for this exam.

You can apply for NDA exam.
14th June 2020, 11:53 PM
JILU VARGHESE

According to OTA criteria a graduate/a person appearing in the final semester can apply. The age criteria is between 19-25 years married/unmarried for men and women.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?