26th February 2017, 10:04 PM
BISMY JOHN

What is the eligibility criteria required for OTA? Can I join OTA by CDS exam after completing my Graduation in Law?

Respected Sir, I want to join OTA after completing my Graduation in LAW so I want to know what is the eligibility criteria required for OTA? Can I join OTA by CDS exam after completing my Graduation in Law? Please answer as soon as possible.

27th February 2017, 09:25 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria required for OTA? Can I join OTA by CDS exam after completing my Graduation in Law?

OTA stands for Officer's Training Academy and same is one of the four wings of CDS to join which one is required to qualify CDS entrance examination.

--> CDS refers to Combined Defense Services and CDS entrance examinations are held twice every year in two stages which includes Written Examination and SSB ( Service Selection Board ) interview respectively.

--> The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in CDS entrance examination for joining OTA wing are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India with you age lying within 19 years to 25 years.

* You must have completed your graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of their bachelor degree are also eligible.

* You must be physically and mentally fit as per the service requirement norm provided in the notification released for the same examination.

So being a bachelor degree pursuer in Law you are eligible for appearing in CDS examination on the educational requirement prospective.

For more details about CDS entrance examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
27th February 2017, 09:40 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria required for OTA? Can I join OTA by CDS exam after completing my Graduation in Law?

OTA stands for Officer Training Academy. The recruitment to OTA is done through Combined Defence Services examination. CDS exam is conducted by UPSC twice every year for entry into:

>>Indian Military Academy.

>>Indian Navy Academy.

>>Air Force Academy.-

>>Officer Training Academy.

The eligibility criteria for OTA and IMA is thet candidate must have done bachelor's degree from any recognized university. The age limit for OTA is 19-25 years. You will have to clear written test and SSB to join OTA.

You can apply for Combined Defence Services examination after bachelor's degree in law.
27th February 2017, 10:22 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for CDS examination and after qualifying in examination will be eligible for recruitment in OTA.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university. The age limit is between 19-25 years.

Only unmarried physically and medically fit candidates are eligible to appear for examination. The examination is conducted twice every year. The examination is conducted in two stages as written and SSB and candidates have to qualify in both stages for final recruitment.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
28th February 2017, 12:08 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join OTA by CDS exam after completing your Graduation in Law. There is no restriction on stream selection in Bachelor's degree to appear for CDS exam for OTA.

UPSC conducts CDS (Combined Defense Services) Exam twice a year for recruitment of officers in Indian Army.

Eligibility criteria for CDS exam for OTA (Officer's Training Academy) are as under:-

- Nationality : Indian.

- Educational Qualification: Bachelors degree in any stream.

-Age limit: 19 years to 25 years

-Selection Criteria :

*Written Exam

*Interview by Services Selection Board.
28th February 2017, 12:49 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

OTA stands for Officer Training Academy and for recruitment candidates have to qualify in Combined Defence Service examination conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline ( for Army and OTA ) from a recognised university.

The age limit to appear for examination is 19-25 years.

So, you can appear for examination after LLB but have to qualify in written and SSB stages for final selection. To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
20th June 2022, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

For in service candidates what is the qualification required to join OTA
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?