26th June 2023, 06:51 PM
henriettabassey

My JAMB score is 182 and i change to biochemistry can i still study pharmacy?

27th June 2023, 10:10 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: My JAMB score is 182 and i change to biochemistry can i still study pharmacy?

Unfortunately, with a JAMB score of 182, you will not be able to study Pharmacy at any university in Nigeria. The minimum JAMB cut-off mark for Pharmacy is 250, and even with that score, admission is not guaranteed.

However, you can still study Biochemistry with a JAMB score of 182. The minimum JAMB cut-off mark for Biochemistry is 180, and you may be able to get admission to a state university or a private university.

If you are still interested in studying Pharmacy, you can try to improve your JAMB score and apply again next year. You can also try to transfer to Pharmacy after you have completed your first year of study in Biochemistry.
28th June 2023, 01:22 AM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: My JAMB score is 182 and i change to biochemistry can i still study pharmacy?

Admission requirements and policies can vary between universities and countries, so it is essential to check the specific guidelines set by the university you are interested in. However, in general, a JAMB score of 182 may be considered relatively low for admission into pharmacy programs in many universities.
28th June 2023, 03:50 AM
Msdhoni02

1. The admission requirements and policies can vary between universities and countries, so it's important to consult the specific guidelines of the universities you are interested in.

2. However, based on a general understanding of admission requirements for Pharmacy programs, a JAMB score of 182 may not meet the minimum requirements for admission to a Pharmacy program in many universities.
30th June 2023, 12:59 AM
Chandanguriya
Banned

The admission requirements for studying Pharmacy vary among universities and countries. Generally, a JAMB score of 182 may not meet the minimum cutoff score for Pharmacy in some institutions, as Pharmacy programs tend to have high competition and require higher scores due to limited available seats.

If you have already changed your course to Biochemistry and wish to study Pharmacy, there are a few options you can consider:

1. Transfer: After completing a certain period of study in Biochemistry, you may be eligible to transfer to the Pharmacy program. However, this depends on the transfer policies of your university and the availability of seats in the Pharmacy program. Transferring between programs typically requires meeting specific academic criteria, including GPA requirements.

2. Postgraduate Pharmacy: Another option is to complete your undergraduate degree in Biochemistry and then pursue a postgraduate degree in Pharmacy. Postgraduate Pharmacy programs, such as a Master's in Pharmacy (M.Pharm) or Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D), may have their own admission requirements separate from undergraduate programs. Research the requirements of postgraduate Pharmacy programs at the universities you're interested in to determine if this is a viable option.

3. Entry-level Examinations: Some countries have entry-level examinations for Pharmacy, such as the Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT) in the United States. These exams assess your aptitude and knowledge in relevant areas for Pharmacy education. Depending on the country you intend to study in, you may need to meet additional requirements, including the entry-level examination scores, to gain admission into a Pharmacy program.

It's essential to research the specific admission requirements of the universities you are interested in and consult with their admissions offices or faculty members to understand the possibilities and options available for studying Pharmacy with your current academic standing. They will be able to provide accurate and up-to-date information based on their admission policies and criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?