23rd April 2010, 10:06 PM

Scope of microbiology in lecturership?

can you plz give me the information about the scope of microbiology in lecturership & colification for lecturership in medical colleges, can have the additional courses for job in it?

24th April 2010, 08:52 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Scope of microbiology in lecturership?

dear,
Microbiology is the study of organisms too small to be seen with the naked eye. Originally, emphasis was placed on harmful microorganisms which cause disease or spoilage of beverages and food, but it is now recognized that many microbes have essential roles in our ecosystem or can be used to accomplish beneficial tasks.

there are many pdf files available online for the course and its scope....you can easily download one.......

best of luck
24th April 2010, 09:57 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

yes of course it has very much scope now these days.
Both Bsc microbiology and Bsc biotechnology has scope
these days. In abroad like america, these courses have
gained its scope and it also provide jobs and recruitment
oversees.

Well, best of luck for future.
23rd May 2010, 01:53 AM
angelica101

Hi there...absolutely there is lot of scope for being a lecturer of microbiology..this is a very rapidly growing field and it has just started here in India ..if u master(Msc)this subject you can even teach your juniors...best of luck with that
28th May 2010, 03:04 AM
phuchi

hi friend
There are many Scope of microbiology in lecturership are :
1.Bsc microbiology
2. Bsc biotechnology
3.provide jobs

all the best
7th July 2010, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

microbio has not gained popularity in india,but in coming years it will gain
8th July 2010, 12:26 AM
Gop
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Scope of microbiology in lecturership?

Hi,

Lecturership in microbiology is indeed wanted. Few days b4, Not sure abt the date, I found in newspaper spelling out good openings for lecturer. Please check with the Emplyment news in news papers for more details.

But It seems you should hold masters for Lecturing. You havent stated What qualification you accomplished. If you are Masters, I hope so, Obviously you will have good time.

Best of luck.
8th July 2010, 02:02 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Dear friend
Scope of microbiology in lecturership is that M.Sc students can join in medical colleges as faculty.

This is the only option for them there is no other alternative,sorry friend for telling you these things.

Hope you will get more opportunities,these are my personal views regarding the Msc microbiology.
All the best.
8th July 2010, 08:20 AM
gohan4

HI
there is a large scope of microbiology
in lectureship you can easily get job in various collages if you have exprience like in
Aditya Institute Of Technology
Lovely Professional University
also get job in coaching center.
8th July 2010, 12:44 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

hai
There is an institution:Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology in New Delihi.
There is vacancy in professor(5), assistant professor(9) & lecturer posts(14).You can send the applications in the prescribed format from the website helpbiotech.blogspot.com
15th July 2010, 07:39 PM
9A2M00
Senior Member+

the field of biotechnology and microbiolory are fast evolving.see colleges are fine but the essence is that you need to have a grasp over the streams you choose.when you take lectureships.
you can join lecturer through ugc & upsc.
6th August 2010, 11:07 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Hello friend,

There are very good career opportunities in microbiology in academics sector and further in the R&D sector.

If you have interest in this study trend,you can go far in the research programs and as well as join as a lecturer in reputed universities.

Just complete your graduation, master's first and then try for research programs.

After completing Master's you can directly apply for lecturer posts in institutes.

Even you can set up your own pathological clinic or labs for research works or simultaneous programs.

So go ahead with it...all the best!
25th November 2010, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

I do not have mathematics in my 2 level. i am opting for state JEE. but i am interested in microbiology, bichemistry and agriculture. if possible i may also opt for physiology hons. but i dont know the requirements and the eligibility criteria. Which subjects r needed for biochem, micro, physio, and agriculture ??? plz help me... which one has a better prospect in terms of career ??? i am very confused..... my subj r english, bio, phy, chem, physical education. i am a cbse student. do help me...
12th May 2011, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

I HAV QUALIFIED NET (LS) IN THE YEAR JULY 2010 ... CAN ANYONE GUIDE ME WHAT IS THE BEST OPTION FOR ME PLZ .......
1st October 2012, 08:23 PM
manas.career

Hi,
Lectureship in microbiology is wanted . Few days , Not sure about the date, I found in newspaper spelling out good openings for lecturer. Please check with the Employment news in news papers for more details.

But It seems you should hold masters for Lecturing. You haven't stated What qualification you accomplished. If you are Masters, I hope so, Obviously you will have good time.

Best of luck.
1st October 2012, 08:46 PM
manas.career

Hi dear ,

Microbiology has got scope in lectureship for M.Sc students who can join in medical colleges as faculty.

Hope you will get more opportunities,these are my personal views regarding the Msc microbiology.

Good luck ..
24th June 2023, 09:11 AM
Nikhil202k
Banned

Microbiology offers a wide range of career opportunities, including lecturership or teaching positions. The scope of microbiology in lecturership is promising, as there is a demand for qualified and knowledgeable individuals in the field of microbiology across educational institutions. Here are some key points regarding the scope of microbiology in lecturership:

Academic Institutions: Microbiology is taught as a subject in various colleges, universities, and research institutions. These institutions often require qualified individuals to teach microbiology at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.

Research and Development: Microbiology lecturers can also engage in research activities within academic institutions. They can contribute to ongoing research projects, guide students in research activities, and publish scientific papers.

Career Progression: Lecturers can progress in their careers by advancing to senior positions such as Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Professor. With experience and expertise, lecturers can take on leadership roles in academic institutions.

Continuing Education: Lecturers have opportunities to pursue higher degrees such as Ph.D. in Microbiology or related fields, which can enhance their expertise and credibility as educators.

Job Stability: Teaching positions in academic institutions often provide stability in terms of employment, benefits, and opportunities for professional growth.

Knowledge Dissemination: Lecturers play a crucial role in imparting knowledge and shaping the future generation of microbiologists. They have the opportunity to inspire and mentor students in their pursuit of a career in microbiology.
30th June 2023, 01:24 AM
Chandanguriya
Banned

Microbiology offers a wide range of career opportunities, including the field of lecturership or teaching. The scope of microbiology in lecturership is promising, considering the growing demand for qualified educators in the field of microbiology and related disciplines. Here are some points highlighting the scope of microbiology in lecturership:

1. Academic Institutions: Microbiology lecturers are in demand in colleges, universities, and research institutes. Aspiring microbiologists can pursue teaching positions at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, contributing to the education and training of future microbiologists and allied healthcare professionals.

2. Research Institutions: Many research institutions have microbiology departments where lecturers play a vital role in imparting theoretical knowledge and guiding research projects. They contribute to scientific advancements by staying up-to-date with the latest research and sharing their expertise with students and fellow researchers.

3. Specialized Institutes: Various specialized institutes focus on specific aspects of microbiology, such as medical microbiology, industrial microbiology, or environmental microbiology. Lecturers with expertise in these areas can find opportunities to teach specialized courses and mentor students in their respective fields of interest.

4. Career Advancement: Lecturers in microbiology have the opportunity to progress in their careers through research, publications, and collaborations. They can work towards becoming associate professors, professors, or department heads, thereby enhancing their influence in academia and making a significant impact in the field.

5. Continuous Learning: Teaching microbiology offers lecturers the chance to engage in lifelong learning. They must stay updated with the latest advancements, research findings, and emerging technologies in microbiology, enabling them to provide students with current and relevant knowledge.

6. Influence and Contribution: Lecturers in microbiology have the opportunity to shape the future of the discipline by inspiring and mentoring students. They can contribute to the growth of the field by encouraging research, fostering critical thinking, and preparing the next generation of microbiologists.

It's important to note that lecturership positions in microbiology typically require a higher level of education, such as a Master's or a Ph.D., depending on the institution and the level of teaching involved. Additionally, gaining teaching experience, presenting research at conferences, and publishing scientific papers can enhance your chances of securing lecturership positions in microbiology.

Overall, the scope of microbiology in lecturership is promising, offering opportunities for career growth, research contributions, and the satisfaction of educating and mentoring future microbiologists.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?