27th April 2015, 11:19 AM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to have 60% aggregate in graduation?

Is it necessary to have 60% aggregate in graduation? Will it affect my future if I have less than 60% marks? I just want to ensure that I will get the job right after my graduation and I need to know the average marks which is required for the same. Thanks!

27th April 2015, 02:47 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to have 60% aggregate in graduation?

Do not worry more about which is not going to be changed . As your graduation aggregate is not going to be changed .

But I think I want to ensure you about that there are large number of jobs available for you . If you are a deserving candidates .

Generally all the examination has the eligibility criteria just for graduation passed candidates . They do not require specific aggregate for it . So you can apply for them . But you must work hard to qualify in the examination to be in top of merit list to get the job .

Some of the best jobs for which you are eligible are :-
Banking Jobs .
Civil Services .
Staff Selection Commission.
Defence Services.

And in many private jobs you can apply where you have to go through the entrance examination and interview stages .
27th April 2015, 04:13 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Different jobs have different percentage requirement. So, you must try to secure asmuch as possible.

Scoring less than 60% marks in bachelor's degree means second class in graduation which is not desirable. However even if you fail to score more than 60 %, you will be eligible to appear in the government jobs exams like:

1. Different UPSC examinations.

2. Staff Selection Commission exams.

3. Railway recruitment exams.

4. Bank PO and Clerk exams.

But in case of private jobs they select candidates with good percentage of marks. Hence labour hard to get honours degree in graduation.
27th April 2015, 04:42 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

No it is necessary to have 60% aggregate in Graduation for better jobs but it is good for confidence to have high percentage of marks in your studies .

You will get good jobs having secured less than 60% marks but not less than 50% in your graduation but it is necessary to have some other qualifications too such as nationality and age limits .

Some of the job oriented options for you after your graduation as following :-

You are eligible for bank jobs like bank clerk and probationary officer but for the same your age must be within 20 years to 28 years and 21 years to 30 years respectively .Relaxation in age is given as per the government rules .

You are also eligible for jobs at administrative post but for same you will have to go for Civil Services examination for which your age must be 21 years to 30 years .Age relaxation is provided here too .

If you are interested in defense jobs then you can go for the CDS examination for which your age must be within 19 years to 25 years .

You can also try your luck in your teaching profession or law courses after completing B.ed or LLB course respectively .

You can also get jobs in many other sectors too on the basis of your qualifications and the vacancies available .

If the above option does not satisfies you then you can start your own business first at small scale .

Choose the option which suits you the best and should not be worried about your lower percentage of marks in your graduation .
27th April 2015, 06:00 PM
Studynrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it necessary to have 60% aggregate in graduation? Will it affect my future if I have less than 60% marks? I just want to ensure that I will get the job right after my graduation and I need to know the average marks which is required for the same. Thanks!
Basically necessity of jobs is required to have 60% + marks in graduation as most of the companies are asked to fulfill this criteria.
They initially have this condition to fulfill otherwise you won't be able to sit in the exams of their company placements.
and for other government organizations they are also required to have the same.
27th April 2015, 07:05 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

At present above 60% marks is necessary in graduation as after graduation you will have to apply for different examination to get jobs which has its own eligibility criteria on which most common educational qualification required is that the candidate must have secured 60% marks in graduation.

While some examination may require less than 60% but not all .

So, if you got less than 60% marks in graduation then it may be possible that you will not be able to apply for the examination and get job in sector you wish for .

So,it will be better to score above 60% to secure your future.
27th April 2015, 10:51 PM
hariamu

In present days percentage is not important but minimum percentage is required for good job but you got below 60% so you are not eligible for some MNC and govt companies . If you get job in other companies they experience is useful for that companies .
27th April 2015, 11:02 PM
rrooxx

In modren time there are more compition in carrier so that in every graduation 60% marks is most important for the students there is more benefits of this marks
29th April 2017, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

Hello I secured less then 50% in graduation will it affect my chance to get SSC college job and also in m.sc I secured 75% can I go for ph.d
17th June 2020, 12:26 AM
Unregistered

I have passed electrical engineering with 50% Mark's..so what are the types of job I can get? Please tell me
12th January 2021, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

I scored 51% in ug BCA degree.. So it will affect my government exams placement.. compare with other candidates?
12th January 2021, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

I scored 51% in BCA degree.. It will affect my government job placement.. Compare with other candidates?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?