13th March 2011, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

NET exam after B.E, working in IT field and age 34?

Dear Sir
I have completed my BE. in production Tech. in the year 2005 with 61%(First Class), now i am in IT field but wanted to become professor and my age is 34 years, can i appear NET exam and in which subjects i have to appear in.
Also can i tale teaching as a profession at the this age .

Sarosh Shaikh

13th March 2011, 04:36 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Default Re: NET exam after B.E, working in IT field and age 34?

Eligibility for UGC NET entrance examination:

You Must have a M.Sc. or equivalent degree with minimum 55% aggregate marks And the final year Students of M.Sc. are also eligible to appear in

Age Eligibility Criteria -
For Junior Research fellowship – You must be between 19 –28 years of age.
For Lectureship – There is no upper age limit. You should be at least 19 years of age.
15th August 2011, 03:21 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: NET exam after B.E, working in IT field and age 34?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir
I have completed my BE. in production Tech. in the year 2005 with 61%(First Class), now i am in IT field but wanted to become professor and my age is 34 years, can i appear NET exam and in which subjects i have to appear in.
Also can i tale teaching as a profession at the this age .

Sarosh Shaikh
NET Stands for National Eligiblity Test and this examination was conducted by UGC Twice in a year, First in June and Second in December. June 2011 NET Examination was Already completed and If You are Interested in NET Examination, then please apply for the December NET Examination, the Notification Of December NET Examination Was Updated soon in the UGC Official website.

So, If you have completed your Post graduate degree course with minimum 55% marks only then you are eligible to apply for NET Examination. After B.E you are Not eligible because B.E is the Bachelor degree Course and to apply for NET Examination you need to complete your Post graduation examination.

>> There is No age eligibility to apply for Lectureship But if you are Interested to apply for JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) Then your age should not be More Than 28 years.

But you are 34 Years Now, then you are not eligible for JRF, You are Only eligible to apply for Lectureship (Only after Post graduation Course).

So, If you have completed your Post graduation degree Course, then you are eligible for NET Examination, The examination fees of NET Was Rs 450 and you have to pay the fees in SBI Branch as a challan form and then you are eligible to Fill the Online application form.

And If you need More information about NET Examination, then please visit the UGC Official website -

http://ugcnetonline.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?