3rd November 2009, 04:45 PM
Shruti Khare

NII exam for Phd, syllabus and details

Hii,
I m shruti khare, i have completed my M.Sc in biotechnology this year and try for CSIR NET and GATE. but i m also intrested in NII. so i want to know about examination conduct by them for Phd. and i want to know the syllabus for the examination.
thankyou

16th November 2009, 09:03 PM
letsrock007

Default Re: NII exam for Phd, syllabus and details

@Shruti

Good news for you Shruti. The Application forms for the admission in the Ph.D. course in NII are already available. You will have to undergo under a written test on February 13, 2010. After passing that examination, you will be called for an interview.

Prepare the core subjects of your M.Sc. course for the written examination. That will be enough for you to pass the written examination.
31st December 2009, 09:56 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

NII is not an easy exam,it is somewhat tougher then net.

But dont worry prepare for it well,keeep the basic concept of your subject clear and prepare the whole syllabus properly,they will ask you questions which students alway try to avoid.

Best of luck
10th January 2010, 10:21 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

for NII exam 2010 you can download all the information from the following link....
www.nii.res.in/phd-advt-2010-11.pdf
Minimal academic qualifications required are:
M.Sc. or equivalent in any branch of science, or M.Tech. or MBBS or M.V.Sc. or M.Pharm. or equivalent qualification recognized by Jawaharial Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi, aiong with first division (60% aggregate) or an equivalent grade in all major examinations from Senior Secondary Certificate (10+2) onwards, The Institute invites applications from candidates who have completed or are likely to complete the required courses this year. Reservations are as per statutory norms, The selection will be made on the basis of written qualifying test on February 13, 2010 at any of the following 4 Centres; Delhi, Bangalore, Kolkataand Ahmedabad. Interviews will be held for the written test qualified candidates at National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi from June 3 - 6, 2010.

best of luck
12th January 2010, 06:00 PM
himansh

hey note some details...
Admission to Ph.D. Programme for the Academic Year 2010- 2011
National Institute of Immunology (NII) invites applications for its Ph.D. programme. Cutting-edge research at the Institute encompasses broad interdisciplinary areas -
1) Chemical Biology 2) Genetics & Cell Signaling 3) Immunity & Infection 4) Molecular & Cellular Biology 5) Reproduction & Development 6) Structural & Computational Biology.
12th January 2010, 06:01 PM
himansh

Minimum qualifications:
a. M.Sc. in any branch of Science (e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics) or M.Tech. or M.B.B.S. or M.V.Sc. or M.Pharm. or equivalent qualification recognized by Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi, is required.
b. First Division or equivalent grade or at least 60% of aggregate scores in all major examinations from Senior Secondary Certificate (10+2) onwards is required.
c. Candidates appearing for the qualifying examination this year may also apply; they will be admitted provisionally pending satisfactory fulfillment of the above requirements at the time of joining.
d. Reservations are as per statutory norms.
26th January 2010, 08:59 PM
ROHIT KUNDLIYA
Senior Member++

Eligibility:
A. MSc in any branch of Science (e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics) or MTech or MBBS or MVSc or MPharm or equivalent qualification recognized by Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi, is required.

B. First Division, or equivalent grade, or at least 60% of aggregate scores in all major examinations from Senior Secondary Certificate (10+2) onwards is required.

C. Candidates appearing for the qualifying examination this year may also apply; they will be admitted provisionally pending satisfactory fulfillment of the above requirements.

D. Reservations are as per statutory norms.
5th March 2010, 06:03 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

NII is a toughest exams of india, so you have to prepare in advance in better way. syllabus and detail about this exams are available in this site, just check out this site-

www.nii.res.in/phd09-detailed-advertisements.pdf.
6th March 2010, 03:30 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

dear friend.
yes you are eligible.
so you can apply and prepare well.
o k
7th March 2010, 04:04 AM
mathur

NII is one of the toughest exam. prepare hard for this. keep your concepts clear. solve more and more sample papers
23rd March 2010, 07:48 PM
pritirai

hi
visit
www.nii.res.in
alos see
http://www.nii.res.in/phd-advt-2010-11.pdf
all the best
26th March 2010, 08:08 PM
gautam d wonder lover
Senior Member++

hi
M.Sc. or equivalent in any branch of science, or M.Tech. or MBBS or M.V.Sc. or M.Pharm. or equivalent qualification recognized by Jawaharial Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi, aiong with first division (60% aggregate) or an equivalent grade in all major examinations from Senior Secondary Certificate (10+2) onwards, The Institute invites applications from candidates who have completed or are likely to complete the required courses this year. Reservations are as per statutory norms, The selection will be made on the basis of written qualifying test on February 13, 2010 at any of the following 4 Centres; Delhi, Bangalore, Kolkataand Ahmedabad. Interviews will be held for the written test qualified candidates at National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi from June 3 - 6, 2010.
31st March 2010, 11:47 PM
fatimaeee

r there any phd progammes in wind energy systems offered by any university in andhra pradesh?
7th April 2010, 02:11 AM
dreamgirl

hi
you can visit
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6V2W-3YVDBM1-2&_user=10&_coverDate=03/01/2000&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=search&_sort=d&_docan chor=&view=c&_searchStrId=1283754839&_rerunOrigin= google&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_ userid=10&md5=1deaa07b8e88057276c7da43528286eb
here you can get the phd progammes in wind energy systems offered by university in andhra pradesh

best of luck
13th May 2010, 09:23 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

National Institute of Immunology (NII) invites applications for its Ph.D. program. Cutting-edge research at the Institute encompasses broad interdisciplinary areas -

* Chemical Biology
* Genetics & Cell Signaling
* Immunity & Infection
* Molecular & Cellular Biology
* Reproduction & Development
* Structural & Computational Biology.

Minimum qualifications:

A. M.Sc. in any branch of Science (e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics) or M.Tech. or M.B.B.S. or M.V.Sc. or M.Pharm. or equivalent qualification recognized by Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi, is required.

B. Fagirgstr eDgiavties isocno roers e inq uailvl malaejnotr gerxaadmei noart ioant sle afrsotm 6 S0e%n ioorf Secondary Certificate (10+2) onwards is required.

C. Candidates appearing for the qualifying examination this year may also apply; they will be admitted provisionally pending satisfactory fulfillment of the above requirements.

D. Reservations are as per statutory norms.

Selection Procedure

Good Luck.
14th May 2010, 06:30 PM
sadhan
Senior Member+

hey
the exam was over in the month of feb if you have given then better or else try next time and you can get the syallabus from www.nii.res.in
get it
good luck
15th May 2010, 04:38 PM
sonal goel

Dear,
The details of the exams are
Issuing of Forms starts from October 9, 2010
Last date for receiving completed forms by NID October 31, 2010
Hall Ticket/ Call Letter will be posted by December 20, 2010
Design Aptitude Test for PGDPD January 9, 2010
Design Aptitude Test for GDPD January 10, 2010
Call letters for this phase of the interview by March 26, 2010

Further detail you can have from following link
http://www.afdindia.com/NID.htm
2nd July 2010, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my M.Tech(Biotechnology). I want to do PhD from NII. Can you tell me the syllabus or can you send me the previous question papers, so thatI can have the idea that these types of questions are being asked?
23rd July 2010, 10:25 AM
s.k.singh

Last date for receiving completed forms by NID October 31, 2010

Hall Ticket/ Call Letter will be posted by December 20, 2010

Design Aptitude Test for PGDPD January 9, 2010

Design Aptitude Test for GDPD January 10, 2010
14th August 2010, 02:07 PM
drdo99
Banned

total marks of electrical branch in nii exam are 100, out of which if you scored a minimum 60 marks, then you will be eligible to give interview in iit or nit colleges.
good luck
19th October 2010, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

is B.TECH biotechnology is eligible for NII entrance exam????
20th October 2010, 09:05 AM
Unregistered

guys...wud somebody gimme the syllabus for nii...all i see here is the qualification and other requirements...
20th October 2010, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

HELLO sir, am dng M.Sc biochemistry.i have applied for GATE
& also for NII.Both the exams will be conducted on FEBRUARY 13.I want to attend to both the exams.so pls tell me solution. Thank you
20th October 2010, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

GATE & NII both the exams will be conducted on February 13.So what about the students who have applied for both?
31st October 2010, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

Gate is on feb 13 and nii is on feb 12
3rd November 2010, 05:55 AM
ravitez

Sir,
i want to apply ph.d from nii. i couldn't find any detains regarding syllabus and exam module in the nii website. can you kindly guide me with those details and also can you let me know how can i collect the model papers of this exam
28th November 2010, 10:00 PM
NAZAR MUSTAFA MANSOORY

Hii,
I am Nazar Mustafa Mnasoory, I have completed my M.pharmacy 1st sem in Pharmaceutical Analysis this year and try for NII EXAM for Ph.D . so i want to know about examination conduct by them for Phd. and i want to know the syllabus for the examination of NII EXAM for Ph.D for the year 2011-12 .
thankyou
23rd November 2011, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

Hiiiiiiiii

I m varuna M.pharm wants syllabus for Phd entrance exam. Sir plz send detail of syllabus............
thank u sir
varuna
M.pharm, (MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY)
M.I.E.T MEERUT
25th December 2011, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

sir please give me some model question paper for nii exam 2012
29th January 2012, 10:13 AM
drurv

M.Sc. or equivalent in any branch of science, or M.Tech. or MBBS or M.V.Sc. or M.Pharm. or equivalent qualification recognized by Jawaharial Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi, aiong with first division (60% aggregate) or an equivalent grade in all major examinations from Senior Secondary Certificate (10+2) onwards, The Institute invites applications from candidates who have completed or are likely to complete the required courses this year. Reservations are as per statutory norms, The selection will be made on the basis of written qualifying test on February 13, 2010 at any of the following 4 Centres; Delhi, Bangalore, Kolkataand Ahmedabad.
30th January 2012, 03:40 PM
sundaresh kalal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shruti Khare View Post
Hii,
I m shruti khare, i have completed my M.Sc in biotechnology this year and try for CSIR NET and GATE. but i m also intrested in NII. so i want to know about examination conduct by them for Phd. and i want to know the syllabus for the examination.
thankyou
National Institute of Immunology offers admission to candidates who are interested in undertaking the course of PhD in different subjects. The Institute has an established co-operation with the Department of Bio-Technology, under the Government of India. The Institute aims at several advanced based researches within the field of Immunology. NII has been known for its advanced form of infrastructural facilities coupled with a highly qualified team of faculty. Several PH. D programs running in the Institute are all affiliated to Jawahar Lal Nehru University, New Delhi.

Candidates who are eager to earn admission in these PH.D programs have to appear for an entrance test. Those of the candidates who are successful enough to crack the entrance test are called for a personal interview. The PH. D programs offered by the Institute are available in most of the important discipline. There are four centers in which the Entrance Test are carried, which is namely: Kolkata, Delhi, Pune and Bengaluru.

Courses offered:

PhD in:

• Chemical Biology

• Genetics & Cell

• Immunity & Infection

• Molecular & Cellular Biology

• Reproduction & Development

• Structural & Computational Biology

Eligibility criteria:

A candidate should have one of the following qualifications: M.Sc in any branch of science/ M.Tech./ M.B.B.S./ M.V.Sc./ M.Pharma. Also the candidate should have got a minimum aggregate of 60% in class 12th examinations. Those in their final year of qualifying exam can also apply.
12th February 2012, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

respected sir, i have applied for phd entrance exam going to be held oon 19 feb 2012, plz inform me about the duration of exam, no. of questions to be asked, negative marking, etc. can you plz send me previous years question papers. my email id is [email protected]
sir, plz reply me as soon as possible.
28th January 2013, 03:12 AM
Unregistered

respected sir, i have applied for phd entrance held on 24 feb 2013, please send me exam pattern and syllabus. my email id is [email protected]
thanking you
24th November 2016, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir, I am Sweta Rai M-Pharm. Medicinal Chemistry . I want to enroll for PhD in NII what will be the syllabus as per my criteria of education thanks
28th December 2018, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir, I am about to complete my MSc in Immunology and microbiology, and am interested in pursuing PhD in NII. But I am unable to find the online application for the same. Kindly guide me with the exact link for the application.
23rd January 2019, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

I have applied for NII entrance test and I am a qualifying candidate of M.sc. biotechnology, I want to know the syllabus of the exam ??
28th December 2020, 07:07 AM
Unregistered

Sir if we qualify jrf then also we have to give entrance exam in NII for PhD
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?