7th April 2010, 08:25 PM
meddle

Which one has more scope biochemistry or microbiology?

hello,im don wid my b.sc an wanna pursue my p.g,but im not sure as 2 which subject shud be choosen .which one shud i go wid, is it biochemistry or microbiology .i like both of them an i want u 2 tel me which one has more scope?kindly reply.

Related Questions:
8th April 2010, 01:26 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Which one has more scope biochemistry or microbiology?

voth of them are equally important you cannot compare their scope
choose the one which you like the most or are most confident.you can go through the course and syllabus to check your capability then it will be easier for you to decide your stream
8th April 2010, 05:44 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

I can't speak too much for biochemistry, but I will tell you about microbiology. It has a lot to do with bacterial metabolism as it relates to biotechnology, human disease, environment, and general cell biology. There are also very popular courses in virology and immunology.

I think biochemistry is more intensive when it comes to studying detailed reactions of metabolic pathways .microbiology also involved a lot of molecular work, but probably at a more general level - not so much structures and pathways. I think microbiology may be a little more "applied science", as it involves a lot of the topics.

When we talk about career prospect,Microbiology take a good lead.This because after persuing M.sc (Microbiology) one easily get job in Pharmacy industry,reasearch institutes and it also holds good prospect teaching.

However,if you want some more detailed discussion on Biochemistry vs Microbiology I will advice you to read a Journal naming-'Applied Biochemistry and Microbiology'

You can read that book online from below given link- http://www.springerlink.com/content/0003-6838

Best of Luck
8th April 2010, 11:20 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

i feel both are branches are equally good if you go by job aspects........

Microbiology is a highly specialized faculty and if a learner were to think in terms of jobs in the area of research, a Ph.D. is mandatory. Pursuing a job after PG in Microbiology will stunt your growth.
You must identify a university/institute of choice and an area of research, which will ensure that you move forward.
Some of the Institutes/Universities you can try to join, Kuvempu University, are :-

Indian Institute of Science (IISc.) ---(www.iisc.ernet.in)
National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS)-------- (www.ncbs.res.in).

Biochemistry is concerned with structural chemistry. It seeks to determine the structures of molecules found in living systems in order to understand structure-function relationships.
Biochemistry is concerned with chemical change, this is reflected in the study of metabolic pathways .
the scope of this course is also equally good.......

best of luck
8th April 2010, 11:31 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
i think biochemistry has very good scope,
because Biochemistry as a branch of study is
gaining added impetus with each passing day,
Biochemistry is focused on the structure and function of cellular
components, such as proteins, carbohydrates, lipids, nucleic acids,
and other biomolecules and it has good scope in india..........

all the best........
10th April 2010, 04:08 PM
amitforever
Senior Member+

dera friend
both course have equal importance its up to you how much labour you afre giving toit .if you are honest towards your studies no one can stop you .keep in mind subject doesnt matter inthe success of any life its the labour that counts. o.k. go ahead.
all the best
15th April 2010, 09:47 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend
In biochemistry there is more scope,
because The study of the structure and
properties of the enzymes, proteins, Genes,
Carbohydrates and fat form the basis of Biochemistry.
Scope also exists for MSc, M.phil and PhD studies in Biochemistry.
Those scoring high marks in their BSc Biochemistry.....

ok
all the best.
25th April 2010, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

am sangeetha i have completed b.sc in microbiology and now am studying 1st year m.sc medical microbiology,if we want next year we can change our subjects am getting confused wheather i go in microbiology field r i should change to biochemistry, because now a days many md microbiologysts are coming out every year so am scared that i am going to get job r not... am in lot of confusion pls suggest me.......
27th April 2010, 03:32 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
am sangeetha i have completed b.sc in microbiology and now am studying 1st year m.sc medical microbiology,if we want next year we can change our subjects am getting confused wheather i go in microbiology field r i should change to biochemistry, because now a days many md microbiologysts are coming out every year so am scared that i am going to get job r not... am in lot of confusion pls suggest me.......
Hello sangeetha

It looks like you are quite worried about your Career.Trust me you are going well there is nothing to worry about it, if number of such professionals are increasing even with such Boom.

Today you will can easily find at least a single MBA/Engineering graduate in every nuk and corner of the city, but that does'nt mean that either MBA or Engineering has lost there prestige. Infact New talents are emerging and exploreing the World.

Same thing implies to M.sc (Microbiology or Biochemistry) also.

However, decision is your's taht because not one can judge any person better then himself/herself.

Best of Luck

Regards
~Faiyaz~

Last edited by faiyaz; 27th April 2010 at 03:34 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes
27th April 2010, 08:37 PM
mareedu

Smile Re: Which one has more scope biochemistry or microbiology?

hi friend,
both of them has same scope,and it is in ur hands ,so to choose which best u i.e which ur able to or interested and can get good academic marks,
23rd May 2010, 03:01 AM
angelica101

Hi these two fields are interrelated...in my opinion biochemistry will be good because the latest topics in microbiology done today have a biochemical basis..
28th May 2010, 04:08 AM
phuchi

hi friend
both are the same but totally depend on your choice and interested

all the best
28th May 2010, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

whats the scope after doing bsc in biology
29th May 2010, 02:42 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
whats the scope after doing bsc in biology

Not so promissing scope is there !

Untill you complete Master degree.

Only being B.sc (Biology) you will be able to get jobs as a primary School or Teacher or Tutor job, Lab Technician, Fishery, Technician job in Food processing industry etc.You can also appear for Civil services.

However, if you have done M.sc then there is good chances for you in each field Academics, Tutoring, Indian Forest Service, Food & Breverage Company etc.
29th May 2010, 10:55 AM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

being B.sc (Biology) you will be able to get jobs as a primary School or Teacher or Tutor job, Lab Technician, Fishery, Technician job in Food processing industry etc.You can also appear for Civil services.you will can easily find at least a single MBA/Engineering graduate in every nuk and corner of the city, but that does'nt mean that either MBA or Engineering has lost there prestige. Infact New talents are emerging and exploreing the World.
29th May 2010, 11:30 AM
Bishwonath

Well it totally depends on you. Both have scope. What to select depends on your interest and afterall whatever dyou study you must be hardworking. In that case you can be fit anywhere and do well in your profession.
29th May 2010, 04:54 PM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend, i don't know much more about micro biology,
but i can tell you about bio-chemistry,
there are a lot of demand of bio-chemistry student in pharmaceuticals companies like Ranbaxy,Glaxo,Cadila,Hennman etc.
so you can choose bio-chemistry as your PG paper to enhance your career..
one of the reputated institute for bio-chemistry is Allahabad agriculture institute, which is deemed university.
for more information kindly visit
www.aaidu.org

good luck.
3rd June 2010, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

i passed my xii class in 2009 and dropped a year for medical entrance , but the problem is i am able2 qualify every paper but i am not able 2 get it into merit list as u know seats in medical are very less....i dont want 2 drop again and i am interested in doing B.sc so which course i should choose as my best carreer option?and i dont like physics..........PLEASE SUGGEST
5th June 2010, 08:15 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

IF so ans also because you are biology student then better Enroll for B.sc (Biotechnology) or B.sc (microbiology) or B.sc (Genetics) for better career these courses are far better then normal b.sc in any branch of biology.

Or if you have interest in Chemistry then you can Enroll for best branches of Chemistry like- Biochemistry, Organic chemistry, Ananlytic chemistry.

But little problem is that you cant expect promising career only after completing Bachelor degree you have to Enroll for Master degree for good and healthy career prospect.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
24th June 2010, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

which degree have more scope
25th June 2010, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

IS THERE NEED OF LOTS OF HARD WORK IN BIOCHEMISTRY I HAVE ONLY 70% MARKS IN 12TH CLASS CAN I APPLY FOR IT?
26th June 2010, 04:49 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

HAI
Both are equally good. It depends on your carrier. If you like chemistry more than biology, you can choose biochemistry, otherwise viceversa. I think microbiology is better than biochemistry as today the former demands more.
ALL THE BEST FRIEND
26th June 2010, 06:24 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
IS THERE NEED OF LOTS OF HARD WORK IN BIOCHEMISTRY I HAVE ONLY 70% MARKS IN 12TH CLASS CAN I APPLY FOR IT?

Dear every Subject requires hard work to get through it. Without "Hard Work" one can not taste the Success.

Having 70% is not a fair aggregate its very good. Infact it proves that you are fit for Biochemistry. Even if you wont get some Prestigious Institutes no matter you can get some good ones.

If your score in Chemistry also is 70% or above you can expect B.sc (Biochemistry) otherwise it will be very difficult to get in.

Let me know your site or the names of colleges you want to get in.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
26th June 2010, 07:07 PM
yogesh yadav

Red face Re: Which one has more scope biochemistry or microbiology?

to start with scope in these fields both have equal importance. microbiology is more sought of a exploring subject, day to day you'l hav a new application. though you have a lot of scope for micro in beverage,food, fertilizer and feul industries it is still at developing stage in our country, a pg will get you a job as a lecturer, bt for research purpose phd is a must!
comming to biochem you have a lot of job opportunities, as this deals with biomolecules every life science industry requires a biochemist.
29th June 2010, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

Which one has more scope( Govt Jobs ) biochemistry or microbiology?
1st July 2010, 12:18 AM
Unregistered

hi,my name is sravani.i left job to continue my studies.in bsc my sbjects are microbio,biochemistry.i want to do my msc in biochemistry.i have written entrance exam but i am very much scared of entrances.can u tell me some tips to remember the subject.i am very much interested in subject
20th July 2010, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

hi, iam raju, what is scope of biochemistry and microbiology? which is having good job prospects after MSc(biochemistry or microbiology)
30th July 2010, 12:33 AM
Unregistered

c guys if v consider todays fashion there is a great scope for micro than biochem
30th July 2010, 07:17 AM
sathsish

hello friend,
both of them are equally important you cannot compare their scope
choose the one which you like the most and with most confident.you can go through the course and syllabus regarding...
you can sure come up in life with any field which your interested.
all the very best..@@@@
30th July 2010, 12:39 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hi, iam raju, what is scope of biochemistry and microbiology? which is having good job prospects after MSc(biochemistry or microbiology)
Dear friend
The Microbiology field is advancing continually and has widder job prospects.
Find the list of microviology courses and colleges at
http://www.indiaeduinfo.co.in/careers/micro.htm
Thank You
30th July 2010, 06:09 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

Both subjects have great scope and you can compare any one with each other/.It all depends on the choice which should be only yours. THe ffield which you like most you should proceed in that only.In biochemistry you have to study molecules at their behaviour whereas in microbilogy its the microbes and their application in such way for humans welfare.
There has been not much growth still taken place in INdia in Biochemisry.
Best of Luck!!!!!111
30th July 2010, 08:03 PM
kalyan333

Thumbs up Re: Which one has more scope biochemistry or microbiology?

don't think like that.
because both are good.
select any one of them by depending on your interest,confidence.
1.If you are interested in bio-chemistry,join in that.
2.If you are interested in microbiology,join in that.
both have good scope.
31st July 2010, 12:45 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by meddle View Post
hello,im don wid my b.sc an wanna pursue my p.g,but im not sure as 2 which subject shud be choosen .which one shud i go wid, is it biochemistry or microbiology .i like both of them an i want u 2 tel me which one has more scope?kindly reply.
biochemistry and microbiology both are very good. Both are having very good scope. You must choose the one in which you think that you are having some interest.
5th September 2010, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

How about a BSc in Chemistry & Microbiology, how good is it in terms of job opportunities? I have already chosen Microbiology,but I have a problem to choose between Biochemistry and Chemistry,please help.
7th September 2010, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

hello i got admission in msc biochemistry on self basis but now my name is upgraded in microbiology on regular basis i am very much confused plzzz suggest which one i should chose ?n which one is best and of greater scope?plllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz suggest
17th September 2010, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

m very confused,plzzzzz tell me just the scope of biochemistry in pakistan specially in hyderabad nd karachi side...kindly reply
18th October 2010, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

how long does it take to study either biochemistry or microbiology to the highest level possible
22nd October 2010, 08:20 AM
helpmaster

Quote:
how long does it take to study either biochemistry or microbiology to the highest level possible

Since you are asking for the highest level it will vary fom person to person
But as this is scientific field in this field study does not stops and contiues as long but basic study is considered completd.
These are research oriented subject so study continues in these field
15th November 2010, 06:13 PM
megha ram singh

Red face Re: Which one has more scope biochemistry or microbiology?

Look.., both the courses are good and have scope in the near future for this you have to first decide the field of your interest otherwise I'll suggest you to go with microbiology since it is a new field and there is a very high demand of the masters in this field.

you can get a very good job after this and you can go for research as there is lot more to research.
16th November 2010, 12:06 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Lightbulb Re: Which one has more scope biochemistry or microbiology?

Both biochemistry and microbiology have their own interest and scope.Both are related to research work and related to R&D department.....
A Biochemist can work as Scientists, research, chemical or pharmaceutical.
A microbiologist can also work as Scientists, research, Biotech companies..
23rd November 2010, 02:05 AM
Unregistered

what i select microchemistry or bio chemistry which one is best?
24th November 2010, 01:22 PM
helpmaster

Quote:
what i select microchemistry or bio chemistry which one is best?
It would be better ffor you to select biochemisrty as it has more scope.Though both are new fields but only very little is done in microchemistry and this stream has to travel much more and at this time biochemistry is in growth period
26th November 2010, 06:12 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

HELLO,
both carrier options have appreciable future & currently in nice progress.biochemistry brings the biological researches in it's valuable situations,it's the study of metabolic activities in an organism,study of it's biochemistry.microbiology is the field of getting benefit through microbes after their study.we can see the effect in industrial microbiology,medicinal microbiology.now the choise is yours.in which field you are more interested.
18th December 2010, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

Jobs for m.sc biochemistry in pak spcially in lhr
27th December 2010, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

guyz plz tell me about practical utility of biochemistry.is ka scope pakistan mei kyaha.
28th December 2010, 08:59 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,
Both the are very good in their own.
Because both have very good scope.
it would not be good to compare them.
So, my advice for you is to choose any one of the field work hard on it.
Also, the thinking about these topics vary from a person to other .
So, according to me biochemistry would be best.

ALL THE BEST...........
7th February 2011, 10:18 AM
Unregistered

I want to do msc. Medical biochemistry not biochemistry. What are ta difference betwn them and which one is better?
12th March 2011, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

I WANT TO STUDY BIOCHEMISTRY. COULD ANYONE WHO KNOWS ABOUT IT TELL ME ITS CHALLENGES, AND ITS WORK MORE CLEARLY ?PLZ
31st March 2011, 12:53 AM
Unregistered

post MBBS which has better prospect in MD- Biochemistry or Microbiology?
anish
15th April 2011, 02:16 AM
Unregistered

I am Amritha doing my M.Sc biochemistry 1st year.can i get a job after i complete my M.Sc other than a lecturer job???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?