29th June 2019, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

Are only Science candidates allowed to join Indian Air Force and Indian Army?

I have completed my Intermediate 12th Board exams from Arts stream and qualified the exams with 1st division. Now, can I apply in Indian Air Force or Indian Army? Or, only candidates from Science stream are allowed?

5th July 2019, 05:17 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are only Science candidates allowed to join Indian Air Force and Indian Army?

Being a Class 12th passed in Arts stream, you are eligible to join Indian Army as an officer as well as Junior Commissioned Officer (JCO). But, in case of Indian Airforce, you are only eligible to join as an Airmen (Y Group) not as an officer.

Further, for joining Indian Army as an officer, you need to qualify NDA (National Defence Academy) entrance examination while for JCO recruitment, you need to qualify its respective recruitment rally followed by Common entrance examination.

Also, for joining Indian Air force as an airmen, you need to qualify Airmen recruitment examination.

For more details regarding various career options available in Indian Army and Indian Airforce, you can refer to their respective links mentioned as www.joinindianarmy.nic.in and www.careerairforce.nic.in.
6th July 2019, 12:49 AM
soumyadipghosh
Senior Member+

Default Re: Are only Science candidates allowed to join Indian Air Force and Indian Army?

You will be allowed to apply in defence like army, navy, air force. You are eligible for coastguard in Indian Navy and clerk in army and air man in air force. You should have passed 10+2 with 60% average marks. Your height must have 169-173 cm. These vacancies are published in official website of army, navy, air force. If you have graduation you will be promoted after joining.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?