21st June 2011, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

Which are the other courses in Journalism? List of some colleges in Mumbai?

many persons have suggested me to go for arts till 12th and later do BMM which is a 3 year course.i know that for journalism i can opt for any stream.i have decided to take arts. i have passed by scc board with 94.18%. i have also short listed some colleges likes ruia, dg ruparel, mithibai,etc
also could u please suggest other courses in journalism and some more colleges in mumbai

22nd June 2011, 05:32 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which are the other courses in Journalism? List of some colleges in Mumbai?

There are so many courses in Journalism,you can go for anyone of them,as each of them has a very good bright future.

if you have the Journalism degree you can start you carrier as journalists, content developer, content manager,project manager,project coordinator, visualizer etc .

To take admission in any institute in Journalism course you should maintain some criteria like:

a)you should complete three years of Graduation (12+3 years) in any one of the Arts/ Commerce/Science/Computers/BMM/BMS/BE/Catering etc.

b)your age should be 30 years or below.

Courses:

Diploma or Graduation or Post-Graduation in

Newspaper Journalism,

Magazine journalism,

Sports journalism,

Travel journalism,

Entertainment journalism

Investigative journalism

Web Journalism,

Television Journalism,

Radio Journalism.

Most Important Institutions:

1:Indian Institute of Mass Communication; New Delhi – 110067

Phone: 011-26742920

2:The Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media; Bangalore – 560043;

Phone: 080-25432565;

3:Manipal Institute of Communication, Manipal University; Manipal – 576104;

Phone: 0820-2571978
Website: http://www.manipal.edu/manipalsite/U...nipalHome.aspx

However,as you are interested to know the institutions of Mumbai,so there are so many institutions in Mumbai.

1:Bombay College of Journalism, D. Waccha Road, Churchgate, Mumbai 400020

2:Garware Institute of Career Education & Development, Vidyanagri, Kalina Campus, Santa Cruz (East) Mumbai 400098

3:Bhavan's PDN College of Communication and Management, Somani College, Chowpatty, Mumbai 400007

4:K. J. Somaiya Institute of Journalism and Mass Communication, Vidya Vihar, Mumbai.

5:School of Broadcasting and Communication, Andhakshi Building, 37, Gilbert Hill Road, Andheri (West), Mumbai 400058.

6:Xavier Institute of Communication, St. Xavier's College, Mumbai 400001

7:Sophia College Polytechnic, Sophia College Campus, Babubhai Desai Road, Mumbai 400026.

8:Shreemati Nathibhai Damodar Thackersey Women's University, 1 Nathibai Thackersey, Road, Mumbai 400020.
2nd April 2012, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which are the other courses in Journalism? List of some colleges in Mumbai?

Well I am married n my age is 30 n also completed my Bcom I am interested in journalist so which I need to do n college
26th April 2013, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

my b.com 1st year exam are going on.....and i want do journlism bcoz i have interst in it.
and What r the qualification required for it??
28th April 2013, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
my b.com 1st year exam are going on.....and i want do journlism bcoz i have interst in it.
and What r the qualification required for it??
Students aspiring for journalism and mass communication course, should read: Media Hive's Journalism & Mass Communication Entrance Exam e-Guide (Rs 100; PDF format) and "Nuances of Journalistic Writings" By Raza Elahi (hardcopy; discounted price Rs 126). Order at [email protected] or call Media Hive (mediahive.co.in) at 9911273924. students taking test of IIMC, ACJ, JAMIA MASS COMM, DU C-JET, Symbiosis, Xaviers etc must read these two books
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?