17th September 2011, 12:35 PM
nithyapanneer

Is part time M.E Valuable compared to full time M.E while seeking job?

Is part time ME is valuable compared to full time ME.while seeking job,there is any problem with part time ME.part time ME is worthy or not.

1st March 2016, 12:45 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Is part time M.E Valuable compared to full time M.E while seeking job?

M.E is nothing but Masters of Engineering and is the post graduation course of the famous graduation sibling also known as B.E or B.Tech (Bachelors of Engineering/Technology). It is a full time 2 years technical program that is highly valued in the technology market; provided the candidate has relevant knowledge and has done his/her post graduation from the reputed colleges.

As far as the different between the full and part time course is concerned, it is obvious that full time courses any day have much greater and better value than part time candidates. It is true because they are able to devote more time and energy in their studies and are believed to be well off than the others. However, there are always exceptions that have proved their worth time and again.

Thus, the first part of this I would suggest you going for some full time M.E programs rather than part time ones. You can always seek job when you are done with your studies, but please know that when you are already investing some time and money to a degree, then try to get the best out of it. Here is the way to get M.Tech/M.E admissions in India:

1. GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is an entrance conducted by the IITs and it basically checks the candidates on their technical knowledge about what they have studied in their B.E/B.Tech. You have to brush up your B.Tech skills and subjects before you appear for this examination and you shall be on your way to crack what is known as one of the toughest exams of the world.

Once you are done, based on your ranking/percentile and whatever colleges you have opted to be called from, you would receive interview/GD calls. Major M.E colleges include the IITs, NIT, IIITs, Bits Pilani and more. Please try to fetch admissions in any of these colleges for a bright future.

Also note that if you do your masters from these colleges, they would fetch you high return on investments and get you placed in the top technology companies in the world. Thus, that would be wiser than taking up the part time course. But still if you wish, then here are a few colleges that offer part time M.E:

1. IGNOU
2. Jadavpur University
3. Nagarjuna University
4. BITS Pilani
5. Manipal University and others...

You should also note that the fee structures for the part time courses are way lesser than that of the full time course. Thus, even if you get a job somewhere you can study with investing a partial part of your salary and even in the weekends. The best choice is up to you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?