27th January 2022, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

PCM student can appear for NEET exam?

I really wanted wanted to go for medical but I have taken pcm and I am in 11 th right now and i am not from cbse board , so is it possible and am I eligible for neet if I change in between 11 th

30th January 2022, 06:45 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Default Re: PCM student can appear for NEET exam?

You are not eligible to write NEET examination after qualifying class 12th (PCM). To be eligible for NEET examination, one should complete 12th standard or an equivalent examination with 50% aggregate marks of Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects from a recognised board.
30th January 2022, 09:41 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for the examination.
NEET stands for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test and the National Level Test conducted by CBSE every year. The examination is conducted for admission in MBBS and BDS course.It is necessary to have physics, chemistry and biology as Main paper. So, you are not eligible to appear for the examination without PCB.
31st January 2022, 12:06 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and the minimum education required for appearing in the same examination is a Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology as main subjects with at least 50% marks (or 40% in case of reserved category candidates) in aggregate in PCB group combination from a recognized board of education.

So, having opted for PCM group combination instead of PCB group, you are not eligible for appearing in the NEET.

For complete details regarding NEET-UG, you can refer to the link www.ntaneet.nic.in.
31st January 2022, 12:12 AM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

PCM students are not eligible to appear for NEET exam. The minimum qualification for NEET exam is, the candidate must have completed class 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as a combination of subjects from any recognized board.
31st January 2022, 02:01 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for NEET examination after qualifying class 12th (PCM).

The eligibility criteria for NEET exam:-

one should complete 12th standard or an equivalent examination with 50% aggregate marks of Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects from a recognised board.
31st January 2022, 03:22 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

°°° No, you are not eligible to appear for the NEET examination as you have passed your 12th with physics, chemistry and mathematics because as per the minimum eligibility criteria the candidate should have minimum educational qualification of 12th with physics, chemistry and Biology as main subject from agonized board.

°°° For more information you can visit the official website
http://neet.nta.nic.in
31st January 2022, 03:50 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Yes, PCM (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) students can appear for the NEET examination if they have taken Biology as an additional/optional subject in your class 12th board examination. The qualification required for NEET is a candidate must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as a core subject from a recognized board.
31st January 2022, 04:32 PM
Ayesha baig
Senior Member+++++

No,sry candidates must have 12th passed with Physics Chemistry and Biology with minimum 50%marks from a recogniszed university.
31st January 2022, 04:54 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Having opted for PCM combination for your Class 11th and Class 12th studies from CBSE board, you are not eligible for appearing in the NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) as the minimum education required for appearing in the NEET is Class 12th with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology as main subjects with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in PCB group subjects.

For more information about UGC NET, you can refer to the link www.ntaneet.nic.in.
31st January 2022, 08:38 PM
Aiman Afifa
Senior Member+++++

PCM students can't appear in the entrance exam called NEET .
To appear for NEET exam you have PCB subjects.
18th July 2022, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

I have done 12th with PCM ( no additional biology) , will i be elligible for neet ug if i give biology on demand examination through NIOS or i have to do 12th PCB again ? Please guide me .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?