22nd February 2016, 03:08 PM
ajaysingh chauhan

Percentage required to get direct admission in second year of Mechanical engineering?

I belong to open cast and I want know how much percentage is required to get admission in direct second year in mechanical branch and I am studying in sdmp.

Related Questions:
  1. Cut off percentage for direct admission in Mechanical Engineering second year?
  2. How much percentage is required for open category to get admission in COEP for direct 2nd year in computer engineering
  3. Percentage required in Diploma to get direct admission in 2nd year at K.K. Wagh College of Engineering?
  4. What is the percentage required for enrolling in direct admission for diploma students for engineering?
  5. Can I get admission in direct 2nd year of Civil Engineering after completion of Mechanical Engineering Diploma?
  6. How much percentage is required in diploma Mechanical 3rd year for admission in government engineering college, Pune?
  7. Can I get admission in direct 2nd year degree after scoring 81% in final year diploma in mechanical engineering?
  8. Admission in Marine engineering after Diploma in Mechanical? Percentage required?
  9. Cutoff list for direct 2nd year admission in Mechanical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Can I get admission for Aeronautical Engineering after completion of Mechanical Engineering? Do I need to give any Entrance Exam for this?
  11. Which field should I choose after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 81% marks? Colleges for direct 2nd year admission to diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  12. How to get admission to direct 2nd year Mechanical Engineering in LD college in Ahmedabad? Procedure for admission?
  13. Percentage required in Diploma to get admission in second year in VJTI?
  14. Which college can I get for direct 2nd year B.E Mechanical after scoring 65.85% in final year diploma mechanical engineering
  15. Can I join the direct 2nd year in Aeronautical Engineering after completing my diploma in mechanical engineering?
  16. Percentage required to take admission in Marine Engineering after Polytechnic(Mechanical)? Fee structure of the course?
  17. Colleges in Mumbai where direct admission in Diploma IT/Software Engineering is possible? Percentage required for admission?
  18. Cutoff marks or percentage required for admission in engineering colleges in Gujarat in Mechanical, Civil, Electrical and Computer Science?
22nd February 2016, 07:23 PM
kachhadiyaramesh

Default Re: Percentage required to get direct admission in second year of Mechanical engineering?

It's depend on reputation of college. For well reputed colleges , You should have atleast 80% in the lateral entry admission exam.

Lateral Entry Exam Syllabus
Engineering, Mechanics, Engineering graphics, Base Electrical Engineering Basic Electronics Engineering Elements of Computer Science, Elementary Biology, Basic Workshop practice and Physics/Chemistry/Math of Diploma standard.

Lateral Entry Admission Dates
- Registration Starts From : March , 2016
- Last Date to Apply : April , 2016
- Exam Conducted : April , 2016
- Counselling Starts : June , 2016
22nd February 2016, 07:44 PM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Default Re: Percentage required to get direct admission in second year of Mechanical engineering?

It depends on, in which university you want to take admission.Generally there is no marks criteria to get admission in 2nd year of engineering after passing Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering.For example, in west Bengal or Maharastra there is no marks criteria for the admission.But you have to appear in entrance exam of lateral entry scheme conducted by state university.In that exam you have to perform well.There will be cutt-off marks for admission.
On -other hand like Rajasthan university ,you must have minimum 60% marks in your diploma then you will be eligible for the exam of lateral entry scheme.
22nd February 2016, 09:22 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

As you are interested to join in Mechanical Engineering and in directly in 2nd year for this the candidates have to be a diploma pass or its equivalent degree.

The eligibility criteria for the candidates to join as a lateral entry.

The candidates should be a diploma degree holder or its equivalent from a recognize University.
The candidates have to appear Entrance exam for the engineering course , under lateral entry .
22nd February 2016, 09:45 PM
ranu shahi

Sorry to say that there is no any provision to get direct admission in second year of Mechanical Engineering.
For this you need to qualify entrance examination. You will get admission only on the basis of marks.
22nd February 2016, 11:30 PM
karishma singh kashyap
Member+

No, it is not possible to get admission in direct second year in mechanical branch because there is no rule to get direct admission in second year. First you have to pass the entrance examination for admission without entrance exam, and this exam is held for the admission in first year not in second year so, it is not possible to get direct admission in second year.
23rd February 2016, 12:41 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to get direct admission in 2nd year of B.Tech course. To get admission in course, you have to appear and qualify in LEET examination.

LEET stands for Lateral Entry Entrance Examination conducted by state government and private university for admission in their colleges.

The eligibility to appear for entrance examination is candidate must have passed diploma from recognised university with minimum 60%.

For more information about examination and its application form details visit at official website of university.
12th June 2017, 02:27 AM
Unregistered

Do I have to write LEET Exam to join direct second year in B.E mechanical engineering although I have above 75%
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?