29th October 2018, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

Percentage required in Graduation to appear in UPSC-IAS exam?

Hello friends, I am studying BSc(H) course and I want to appear the UPSC-IAS exam after completing my Graduation. I would like to know about the percentage which is required in Graduation to appear in this exam. Kindly tell me immediately.

30th October 2018, 12:27 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage required in Graduation to appear in UPSC-IAS exam?

I.A.S is Indian Administrative Service. Candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service Examination for recruitment as an I.A.S Officer.

The required qualification to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a bachelor degree. There is no minimum required as qualifying aggregate is enough to appear for examination.

Examination is conducted in three stages. You have to qualify in all stages for final selection. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
30th October 2018, 01:46 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S is Indian Administrative Service. The eligibility to appear in the examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed or in the final year of bachelor degree.

Candidate must have scored qualifying aggregate to appear in the examination.

Examination is conducted in three stages - Preliminary, Mains, and Interview. So, you will become eligible to appear in the examination in final year.

For detail information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
30th October 2018, 04:19 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of UPSC IAS is Union Public Service Commission Indian Administrative Services examination.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services exam:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

2. You need to have passing percentage of marks to apply for Civil Services exam. It means if you have 40% marks in graduation then also you can apply.

3. The age criteria is 21-32 years.
30th October 2018, 09:49 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No specific percentage in graduation is required to apply for UPSC IAS examination. To be eligible to apply for UPSC IAS examination, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university. So, if you have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university, you are eligible to apply for UPSC IAS examination.
30th October 2018, 10:10 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

IAS refers to Indian Administrative Service and to be an IAS officer, you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination (often known as IAS or IPS or UPSC examination) held by UPSC once every year.

The minimum education required for appearing in the same examination is a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of their bachelor degree course are also eligible.

As far as you are concerned about the minimum percentage required in graduation degree to appear in the same examination, then there is no such requirement as far as the eligibility for the same examination is concerned.

For detailed information regarding the same examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
31st October 2018, 12:28 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, minimum required aggregate in bachelor degree to appear in Civil Service Examination. It is conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The examination is conducted in three stages. So, you have to appear and qualify in all the stages for final recruitment. To get more information regarding the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st October 2018, 03:02 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

As far as you are concerned about the minimum marks required in graduation degree to be eligible for UPSC IAS examination i.e; Civil Services examination, then for your information I would like to let you know that there is no such requirement and the only education required to appear in the same examination is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

For more details about the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
31st October 2018, 06:23 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

There is no such percentage criteria to apply for UPSC Civil Services Exam (also called IAS Exam).

You must have completed graduation from a recognized university to be eligible for Civil Services Exam.

In case, if you are pursuing your graduation course and are in final year of your graduation course then also you can appear for Civil Services Exam.

To qualify Civil Services Exam, you will have to pass these three stages.
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Mains Exam
  • Personal Interview
31st October 2018, 08:21 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. To become an IAS officer you have to apply for Civil Services Examination. This examination is conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligibility criteria is Candidate must have passed Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidate are also eligible. Candidate age must be 21 to 32 years. Relaxation are available for reserved category.

There is no percentage criteria required to apply for this exam.

For more information, you can visit their Official website www.upsc.gov.in.
31st October 2018, 08:25 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.

To become an IAS officer you have to apply for Civil Services Examination.

This examination is conducted by UPSC every year.

Eligibility Criteria:

1. Candidate must have passed Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

2. Final year candidate are also eligible.

3. Candidate age must be 21 to 32 years.

4. Relaxation are available for reserved category.

>> There is no percentage criteria required to apply for this exam.

For more information, you can visit www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?