13th December 2010, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

Which PG degree will be suitable for BCA student? Is MBA the right choice after BCA?

Which PG degree will be suitable for a BCA student after completing? if they selected mba for pg,is it a wrong decision?

13th December 2010, 11:33 PM
ramakant sharma

Smile Re: Which PG degree will be suitable for BCA student? Is MBA the right choice after BCA?

Hello dear

as you have completed your graduation and want to go for MBA it is not wrong decision MBA is good degree and if you have interest in this field than you are absolutely correct MBA will provide good job along with better carrier apart from that you may also go for MCA . for mba you need to crack entrance like CAT, MAT, XLRI, AIMAT etc.

all the best
13th December 2010, 11:42 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which PG degree will be suitable for BCA student? Is MBA the right choice after BCA?

Dear friend,

Its quite common that most of the students after the completion of their BCA, they will go for MCA, as this is the major best option for them.

I think it will definitely benefits you why because you are already having some computer background and apart from that IT boom is strongly getting back. So you people have more demand.

At the same time MBA will also have very good future prospects. But I would suggest you to take this if you have a very good interest in this, why because just completing mba and then getting only certificate, then there is no use at all.

MBA people should be able to manage and organize any kind of situation. They should have to possess various sorts of skills. unless they are having all these qualities, even the course is having demand, they wont have demand.

So iam just giving some future happening facts.

All the best
14th December 2010, 12:26 AM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which PG degree will be suitable for BCA student? Is MBA the right choice after BCA?

*No ,it is also the Right Decision , But Computation is more in that and you should have some basic Business also, to get good job

*you should do that in the good Institute,then it is very useful

*Other option are MCA or CA or PGD HRM or Security Officer Course, you can become HR

Best of luck
14th December 2010, 12:27 AM
saswata06

You can opt for either MBA or MCA.Itz upon your interest.
14th December 2010, 12:33 AM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

After BCA the best courses to undertake at the post graduate level are:
MBA
MCA

IT is a right decision to pursue MBA because management graduates get high employment opportunities with handsome salary & rapid promotional prospects.

You can choose any specialization in MBA like finance, marketing, HR, international business, hospitality, banking & insurance, retail management etc. depending upon your interest, knowledge, skill & potential to excel in a particular field.
14th December 2010, 11:13 AM
rahul_kumar066

i think you you should be mca candidate if you are interested in it sector,for management you could do mba it is totally depend upon you
14th December 2010, 10:39 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Which PG degree will be suitable for BCA student? Is MBA the right choice after BCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Which PG degree will be suitable for a BCA student after completing? if they selected mba for pg,is it a wrong decision?
Dear friend,
as a IT student i will suggest you to go for MCAafter BCA,but if you already get an opportunity in MBA then go for it,there has a bright future...
2nd February 2011, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

I am a B.C.A. final year student from Anand engineering college.i have three back in fifth semester.i got good marks in previous semester and there is no back.due to these backs i pass the b.c.a.in four year.I want good job
Vikram singh (agra)
7th February 2011, 11:58 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Which PG degree will be suitable for BCA student? Is MBA the right choice after BCA?

Hi

You can choose those field which have large scope or in which you can do better.

If we talk about scope then doing MBA is the right choice . Because if you do MBA you will get the business knowledge . As you also know the concepts of computer so a combination of MBA and the computer education are in great demand today.

Company's are seeking the candidates having such type of capabilities. As oing MBA is the right choice. As after BCA and MBA you are eligible to apply for the many company's. Some of the good company's in which you can apply after the completion of your post graduation are listed below.

1.Central Intelligence Agency

2.Accenture

3.Southwest Airlines

4.Microsoft

5.IDEO

6.PepsiCo

So above are the company's in which you can make your carrier and many other company's in which you can apply.

But note one thing if you have more interest in Computer field then its better to do MCA. Because without interest you will not get that thing which is required .

GOOD LUCK
24th February 2011, 01:16 AM
Unregistered

i hv completed my bca then why i choose mba with finance?
9th May 2011, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

Why Engg students after finishing UG we join MBA Program?
9th May 2011, 10:12 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Definetly MBA would be best dession after completing BCA, you can expect a good reputed job after completing MBA. But along with MBA, MCA is would also be proved to be best for you as a IT professional.

After completing MCA with good academic performance you can easily get first job with minimum Rs 12,000 - 15,000 salary.
9th May 2011, 11:40 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

obviously not. MBA is a very good course. now a days opportunity and scope after MBA course is very much high. there are so many students doing MBA after BCA.

if you have interest to do MBA then go for it. any graduate candidates are eligible to do MBA.

but if you are strong in computer application subject and if you want to built your career in computer field then you may take admission in MCA post graduation course. this course also have very good opportunity. but if you are not strong in computer subject then MBS is the best option for you.

best wishes.
10th May 2011, 11:04 AM
sujatak

MBA is also good choice. You can go for MBA in IT as it will be related to your field. Other choices apart from MBA are MCA which also has excellent career opportunity.

I would recommend you to select the course according to your interest. If you are interested in management then go for MBA and if in computers and its application then you can go for MCA.

Go through both the subject’s syllabus and decide.

I would also like to add that, irrespective of the course it is how you successfully complete the course is important.

Good Luck.
10th May 2011, 06:41 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
MBA is obviously not a bad choice but there are certain factors which affects the success of a candidate after this particular course.
1.The individual skill, aptitude and initiative, regardless of the specialization you choose.
2. Quality of the B-school you choose to pursue MBA.
3.The kind of companies that visits the campus for recruitment

Now, if you consider the three factors before selecting MBA and the B-School to pursue it from, its a good move.
Now, sine you have done BCA, you may also consider MCA or you may pursue course in advance computing or specialize in certain computer languages such as Java, .Net etc.
11th May 2011, 11:38 AM
UPESDehradun

mba is a very good degree to have as your pg. Though I would like to advise you to look for programs which are interesting as well as have scope in future. Some of them are like fashion and retail mgmt, sports mgmt etc. As these programs are new they have good demand and huge scope too. So, if these programs interests you then look for UTM as it is one of the university offering these programs and it have heard that it has very good faculty too.
11th May 2011, 11:45 AM
UPESDehradun

mba is a very good degree to have as your pg. Though I would like to advise you to look for programs which are interesting as well as have scope in future. Some of them are like fashion and retail mgmt, sports mgmt etc. As these programs are new they have good demand and huge scope too. So, if these programs interests you then look for UTM as it is one of the university offering these programs and it have heard that it has very good faculty too.
31st May 2011, 11:14 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

MBA is also good choice. You can go for MBA in IT as it will be related to your field. Other choices apart from MBA are MCA which also has excellent career opportunity.

I would recommend you to select the course according to your interest. If you are interested in management then go for MBA and if in computers and its application then you can go for MCA.

Go through both the subject’s syllabus and decide.
24th June 2011, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

after bca mba it is a right choice,or not
14th August 2011, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

i have fully confuse after bca mba or mca
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?