9th October 2012, 09:32 PM
RoshanRon

Is physics compulsory for software engineer?

sir I m student of class 12.I m very good in maths but my physics is crap or u can say nil and my programming is also face little bit problems so I wanna ask tht should I go for software engineer ?

3rd January 2013, 01:31 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is physics compulsory for software engineer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoshanRon View Post
sir I m student of class 12.I m very good in maths but my physics is crap or u can say nil and my programming is also face little bit problems so I wanna ask tht should I go for software engineer ?
Dear,

Its a myth among students that if they are not good in programming language they can't be a software engineer. Its true that a command over any programming language helps a lot for any software engineer but its not required to be a master of it. If you have basic knowledge it will help as work done in practical environment in industries are totally different and its nothing to do with the use of any programming language.

Second thing is whether it is software engineering or any other branch of engineering first of all you are required to give entrance test for taking admission in any reputed engineering college and for that you need to have a good command over physics, maths and chemistry as questions are asked from these setions only and physics is very compulsory. So you can't think of any kind of engineering without physics.

Its all about your interest what branch you choose for your engineering but f you want to go for software engineering without maths you can do BCA after your 12th and then go for MCA which is equivalent to B.tech in CSE/IT after which you can apply for the post of software engineer in a good IT company.

Now its on you. You can take admission in an engineering college by working over your physics or choose another way to become a software engineer.

Best of luck!
19th November 2013, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

now i'm doing ics .my subjects are math,computer and statistics.my Question is that to u can i will become a software engeenring or not (in future)
12th May 2015, 10:45 PM
sjs1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
now i'm doing ics .my subjects are math,computer and statistics.my Question is that to u can i will become a software engeenring or not (in future)
Physics,Chemistry and Maths are the compulsory subjects in the HSC to continue your studies in Engineering course almost all of the universities, So I am sorry to say you can't become a software engineer straightaway but you can study Bsc Computer science or Software Engineering and you can continue your UG in software engineering professional course..
13th May 2015, 05:38 PM
ankit740
Member+

Well friend as you want to ccontinue your studies as a software engineer then you have to clear engineering entrance exams after that you can apply for computer science branch and then become a software engineer.
The eligibility criteria for the engineering entrance exams is that you should have passed 12th from a recognized board with physics,chemistry,maths.
so physics is compulsory to go in engineering sector.
Thank you
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?