5th April 2011, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

Job in Air force as a Software engineer after working in a CMM as a Software engineer?

Hello
I am Murali, currently working as a software engineer in a leading CMM level 5 company in Bangalore. I would like to know whether I can secure a job in Indian Air Force as a software professional. Any job in the area of software would be fine for me. Please read through the details provided below.

Qualification : BSc (Electronics), PGDCA (Post Graduate Diploma In Computer Applications)
Total work experience in IT Industry : 8 Years

5th April 2011, 08:23 PM
akshaysharma

Default Re: Job in Air force as a Software engineer after working in a CMM as a Software engineer?

HI..
well its really good to know that you are in a reputed company but your desire of having a secured job is also sensible and your this desire could be easily fulfill by "air force".For joining air force you have to face AFCAT exam conducted by indian air force in the month of march from where you could be selected for SSB and if you successfully clear the SSB then you would be assigned as an engineer in IAF. Nowadays IAF is having many of the air crafts those are computer enabled on board. so there is a need of the software engg. and thus your future could be bright. for more info. you could check the website- WWW.indianairforce.nic.in
5th April 2011, 09:19 PM
dava

Default Re: Job in Air force as a Software engineer after working in a CMM as a Software engineer?

No matter where you worked before , the INDIAN AIR FORCE {IAF} has its own entry requirements at different levels . They post there ads in the papers so you can check them out . Mostly they require any Graduate with minimum 60% with other physical fitness mentioned in their requirements.
There are different stages in IAF from flying officer , Technical side and Ground staff etc. So you may apply for there examination but your age would be a disadvantage .
5th April 2011, 11:44 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

As you a graduate so you can join by appearing in CDS or SSC examination but your age may be a concern.

Which ever entry you will get but you won't be recruite as IT professional by these entry modes.
24th May 2011, 04:13 AM
Unregistered

i am ab.tech student of computer science .and after engineering i want to join indian air force. can i join iaf after engineering..and what can i do for join IAF
26th October 2011, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

I have completed BCA in 2010 and after completion I joined Wipro Technologies as a software developer. While in Wipro, I am also persuing MS from Bits Pilani in Software Engineering which is a 4 yrs course.
I want to join the Indian Air Force after the completion of MS as a programmer.
Can you please suggest something?
15th January 2012, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

Sir i m student of b.tech comp. Science student....sir, i want to join i.a.f so what is the scope for me?
20th July 2012, 09:19 AM
johan mishra
Junior Member+

HI..
well its really good to know that you are in a reputed company but your desire of having a secured job is also sensible and your this desire could be easily fulfill by "air force".For joining air force you have to face AFCAT exam conducted by indian air force in the month of march from where you could be selected for SSB and if you successfully clear the SSB then you would be assigned as an engineer in IAF.
27th March 2015, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

hello sir/mam
my name is neha i want to join indian air force. i am a student of class 12(PCM). can u plz tell me that how can i join indian air foce if i also want to be a software engineer
13th October 2019, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

Can a software engineer join for Indian airforce?is it true? Then which branch?(tech or non tech) or any other stream....reply the answer if you know the exact information about it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?