23rd January 2020, 05:15 AM
Nolukholo mdingi

Possibility of admission in Aeronautical Engineering after Mechanical Engineering?

Hi, if I study Diploma in Mechanical Engineering after Matriculation and qualify the Diploma course than would I be eligible to take admission via lateral entry in 2nd year B.Tech Aeronautical Engineering? Please, guide.

25th January 2020, 01:43 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility of admission in Aeronautical Engineering after Mechanical Engineering?

Yes, you are eligible for taking admission directly to 2nd year of Aeronautical Engineering course.

As per eligibility guidelines, candidates should have completed 3-year Diploma course in engineering in any stream to be eligible for taking admission directly to 2nd year of B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering.

Also, he/she should have secured at least 50% marks in Diploma course to be eligible for lateral entry admission and passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as primary subjects.
26th January 2020, 08:45 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility of admission in Aeronautical Engineering after Mechanical Engineering?

You are not eligible to get admission in B.Tech in Aeronautical engineering course through lateral entry as per your educational qualification.

Candidates are eligible to get admission through lateral entry in same stream in which diploma course is pursued.

Entrance examination is conducted for admission through lateral entry.

So, you are eligible to get admission in B.Tech in Mechanical course through lateral entry.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?