3rd October 2018, 01:26 AM
Ruknudheen21back

Possibility to appear in CDS exam for a candidate who has backlog in BE final semester?

Sir/Madam, I have a backlog in my final semester of BE course. I have already applied for CDS exam. I would like to know that is it possible for me to appear in CDS exam as I have a backlog in my final semester?

4th October 2018, 09:42 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to appear in CDS exam for a candidate who has backlog in BE final semester?

Actually, CDS Exam has two stages to qualify.
  • Written Exam
  • SSB Interview

There is no checking or verification of candidate's documents in Written Exam. So, you can appear for Written Exam.

But if you are qualified in Written Exam, then they will call you for SSB Interview. At this moment, you must have cleared your backlogs of BE to be eligible for SSB Interview.

They will thoroughly check your BE marks and backlog status.
5th October 2018, 03:46 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to appear in CDS exam for a candidate who has backlog in BE final semester?

You have to clear your backlog before the interview for the recruitment in defence service through CDS entry.

You have to mention the information about the backlog in the application form.

Candidates have to appear and qualify in two stages of examination for the final selection.For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
5th October 2018, 09:42 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

The eligibility criteria for Combined Defence Services examination:

~~Bachelor's degree in engineering or technology or science for Navy and Air Force with mathematics and Physics at 12th level. Graduation in any stream for Army and Officer Training academy.

~~Final year graduation candidates are eligible but candidates with backlog can not apply for exam.

~~You can appear since you have already applied but you must degree with no backlog on specified date in notification.
5th October 2018, 10:27 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

CDS is Combined Defence Service and examination is conducted twice in a year for recruitment in defence services.

Candidates in final year with backlogs are eligible to apply for the examination but must have to clear their backlogs before the final selection.

The age limit is 20-24 years. Examination is conducted in two stages Written and SSB for recruitment. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?