5th August 2018, 10:51 AM
Sindhi kumari

Possibility to apply for CTET recruitment for 19 years old BA(History) student?

Hello friends, I am 19 years of age and studying in final year of Graduation. I am doing BA in History Honours course. I want to apply in CTET recruitment. Kindly let me know about the possibility for me to apply in this recruitment.

9th August 2018, 08:10 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to apply for CTET recruitment for 19 years old BA(History) student?

CTET refers to Central Teacher Eligibility Test and being a graduate (i.e; BA in History ) degree course, you are eligible for appearing in CTET if you also hold a professional teacher training degree course such as D.ED/D.El.ED/B.ED/ or equivalent along with your regular academic degree course. Also, your minimum marks in your degree courses must be at least 50% marks ( or 45% marks for reserved category candidates ).

For more details regarding CTET, you can refer to the link www.ctet.nic.in.
12th August 2018, 04:14 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Possibility to apply for CTET recruitment for 19 years old BA(History) student?

CTET stands for Central Teacher Eligibility Test and to be eligible for appearing in CTET either in paper I or paper II examination, a professional teacher training degree course like D.El.Ed/ D.Ed/ B.E or equivalent is compulsory along with the regular degree courses.

So, being a BA in History degree holder, you are eligible for appearing in CTET if you have pursued any teacher training degree course too otherwise you will have to pursue a teacher training degree course before applying for CTET.

For more details regarding CTET eligibility, you can refer to the link www.ctet.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?