8th April 2020, 12:02 PM
Punith DN

Possibility to get exemption from 1st year of Diploma on the basis of PUC/Intermediate?

I have completed my 2 year PUC/Intermediate from Science stream so now can I join 2 years Diploma courses? Will I get exemption from 1st year of Diploma on the basis of Intermediate/PUC?

14th April 2020, 10:07 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to get exemption from 1st year of Diploma on the basis of PUC/Intermediate?

No, there is no such provision for any 12th passed candidate to get exemption of 1st year in Diploma in Engineering. The minimum academic qualification required for pursuing diploma in engineering is 10th passed from a recognized board of India.

Candidates who have done diploma in Engineering from a recognized institute get an exemption from first year of engineering. Diploma candidates with minimum of 60% marks can apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test for admission in 2nd year of engineering.
15th April 2020, 04:30 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Default Re: Possibility to get exemption from 1st year of Diploma on the basis of PUC/Intermediate?

Higher secondary candidates are not eligible for any exemption when they opt to pursue Diploma in Engineering course.

*The minimum academic qualification is 10th passed from a recognized board.

Whether you have passed 10th or 12th, you will have to pursue three years of diploma as per AICTE norms.

Diploma in engineering candidates need to pass LEET exam for admission in 2nd year of engineering. There you will get one year upper age relaxation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?