7th March 2019, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

Possibility of getting admission in 2nd year B.Com after completion of 1st year BCA?

I have completed my 1st year of BCA. Now, I'm not able to cope up with BCA syllabus so wanted to change my stream to B.Com from another college. So, is it possible to get direct admission in 2nd year of B.Com (Honors)? Will my 1st year of BCA would be considered?

12th March 2019, 09:13 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility of getting admission in 2nd year B.Com after completion of 1st year BCA?

No, it is not possible to secure admission in second year of B.Com course after completion of your first year BCA course from a recognised college/ university. To get admission for pursuing B.Com course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Commerce stream or any other stream from a government recognised board. So, being a first year BCA passed student, you are not eligible to get admission for pursuing B.Com course.
12th March 2019, 11:21 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility of getting admission in 2nd year B.Com after completion of 1st year BCA?

As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to get admission in 2nd year B.Com after completion of 1st year BCA. In order to get admission in B.Com or BCA course, the candidate should have passed 12th class from a recognized board. If you want to get admission in B.Com course then you can start B.Com course (first to the Third year) on the basis of your 12th class, not on the basis of the first year of BCA course.
14th March 2019, 07:13 AM
S.Panicker

This rule varies from university to university. In Maharashtra this is easy and one just has to file an application to do so.
So just go ahead and ask the exam head of the college you want to join and take a typed application. State very clearly your reasons for the change in stream and I am sure that you will be allowed to join 2nd year of BCom. They might give you a test to judge your level though, most colleges do not have a test.
First step is to type out your application and talk to the concerned authorities at the earliest.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?