3rd November 2015, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to join NDA for a graduate?

Respected Sir,
I have completed my Graduation and I want to join NDA. Is it possible for me or not? Waiting for your reply.

4th November 2015, 08:27 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: Possibility to join NDA for a graduate?

# It looks much strange that you are keen interested in joining National Defence Academy (NDA) at this stage when you have completed your graduation.

# It is not a wise decision due to followings two reasons:

= There is possibility that you might have not eligible for NDA Examination at this juncture of age. As required age limit for NDA Examination is 16.5 to 19 years.

= It is better for you to appear in Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination at this stage rather than NDA Examination.

# Here below I am providing you the detailed information about the National Defence Academy (NDA) Examination.

# NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

# Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts National Defence Academy (NDA) Examination twice in a year.

# Prescribed educational qualification and other eligibility conditions:

* Must be permanent citizen of India.
* 10+2 in any stream from recognised university.
* Must be male candidate.
* Must be unmarried.
* Must have moral character.

# Prescribed age limit:

* Must have completed the age of 16.5 years.
* Must not have crossed the age of 19 years at the time of joining National Defence Academy.

# Required physical fitness parameters:

* Must have the height of 157.5 cm.
* Must have the body weight in proportionate to height.
* Must not suffered from any critical or serious disease such as diabetes, blood pressure, cardio-vascular disease, nervous problem, stone etc.
* Must have 6/6 vision in good eye and 6/9 vision in worse eye.
4th November 2015, 09:06 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
I have completed my Graduation and I want to join NDA. Is it possible for me or not? Waiting for your reply.
If you have fulfill below given criteria then you are eligible for NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
4th November 2015, 10:42 PM
ant man

NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

Eligibility for NDA :
1. You must complete 12th MPC stream from a recognised board.
2. Your age must be in 16 1/2 - 19 years.
3. Only unmarried male candidates are eligible.
4. All the applying candidates must be a citizen of India.
5. There are no reservations provided in any case.

Being a graduate you cannot apply for NDA exam. If you are interested to join army then you apply for CDSE exam.

CDSE stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility for CDSE exam :
1. You must have complete graduation from a recognised university.
2. Your age must be in 19 - 25 years.
3. You must be unmarried.
4. All the male and female candidates can apply.
4th November 2015, 11:17 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and it is an academy that is meant for providing necessary education and training to those who are willing to make there career as officer in the Indian Defense and have cleared the NDA entrance examination too.

NDA entrance examination is held twice every year by Union Public Service Commission in two stages which are respectively called Written examination and Service Selection Board interview.

The minimum qualification you must have to be eligible for the same examination for joining NDA are as here under :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male citizen with your age lying within 16.5 years to 19 years.

* You must have either completed or must be in the final year of your higher secondary school degree or any other equivalent degree course from a recognized institute.

* You must be physically and mentally fit as per the service requirement norms.

So being a graduate you are eligible for joining NDA if you satisfy the other required criteria too.

For more details about the same examination you can log to the official link of UPSC i.e; www,upsc.gov.in.
4th November 2015, 11:51 PM
18Angel
Senior Member+

Yes you can apply for NDA exam.The required qualifications is 12th in physics,maths and chemistry for NDA exam.But you are mentioned as above you are being graduate then you should have to apply for CDS exam which is conducted by UPSC.

Age limitations Age must be in between 19 to 25 years.

Selection:- On the basis of written exam and medical test.

Only unmarried male candidates can apply for this exam.
5th November 2015, 02:43 PM
H Rimmy

Yes it is possible for you to apply NDA Exam.NDA stands for National Defense Academy.This exam is conducts by UPSC twice in a year.But it will be better for you if you appear CDS exam instead of NDA Exam. CDS stands for Combined Defense Academy.

Eligibility Criteria for NDA Exam:-You must have passed 12th in physics,chemistry & maths .There is no specific percentage required.

Age must be in between 16.5 to 19 years.

Only Unmarried Male Candidates can apply for this exam.

Physical Requirement:-Eye version should be 6/6 without wearing sun glasses.

Height must have 157 cm.
20th December 2019, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

Having completed the graduation is it possible to join Indian army at officer rank
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?