18th January 2020, 08:37 AM
Unregistered

Possibility and procedure to join Indian Army on the basis of Diploma?

Sir/Mam, I am a Diploma student of Instrumentation and Control Engineering and presently in final year. I want to know that what is the procedure to join the Indian Army. I want to join the Indian Army. Please, tel me at which post and how can I join.

19th January 2020, 01:10 PM
soumyadipghosh
Senior Member+

Default Re: Possibility and procedure to join Indian Army on the basis of Diploma?

If your height is above 167 cm you can be eligible for Soldier General Duty, Technical Entry in Indian Army.
Procedure:
1. Every year Indian Army releases zone wise vacancies in such posts. You have to fill up from against desirable vacancy.
2. Hit the rally and pass it.
3. You will be undergone through medical test.
4. Written Examination will be conducted for shortlisted candidates in medical test.
5. Done, you will get the fruit.
19th January 2020, 05:25 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility and procedure to join Indian Army on the basis of Diploma?

No, on the basis of diploma you are not eligible to join Indian Army because as per the minimum educational qualification required to join Indian Army is 10 + 2 you and after 10 + 2 the candidate is eligible to appear in NDA examination and after graduation a candidate can appear in CDS examination to join Indian Army.
Hence, I would like to suggest you to pursue graduation.
19th January 2020, 05:35 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Possibility and procedure to join Indian Army on the basis of diploma:-
No, after passing diploma course you cannot join Indian Army. If you want to join Indian Army you have to pass graduation with any stream. After passing graduation you have to qualify the entrance exam.
You have to qualify the C.D.S. entrance exam.
C.D.S. exam is conducted by U.P.S.C. twice in a year.
C.D.S. exam is conducted for Defence Services like
Indian Army, Indian Navy, Indian Air Force.

The age limit in C.D.S. exam is 19 to 24 years.

Selection process:-
Written exam, Interview, Medical exam .
For more detail logon to www.upsc.gov.in
19th January 2020, 05:42 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Diploma students are not eligible to join Indian Army.

For NDA exam: To join Indian Army through NDA exam, the candidate should have minimum educational qualification of 10 + 2.

For CDS exam: To join Indian Army through CDS exam, the candidate should have minimum educational qualification of graduation in any discipline.
19th January 2020, 06:33 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

It is not possible to join Indian Army on the basis of diploma.
Procedure to join Indian Army:-
Candidates needed to pass HSC in order to join Indian Army. If you have completed 12th before diploma, you can apply.
Moreover, you must be unmarried male candidate.
Your age Must fall between 16.5 to 19 years.

Selection is made through NDA entrance exam organised by UPSC.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?