9th September 2018, 10:26 PM
Savita 1981

Possibility to secure 9th standard admission in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya?

Hi everyone, my ward is studying in 8th standard from CBSE Board. I want to admit him in 9th standard in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya. But I have heard that they doesn't take admission for this standard. I just want to know that is it possible for getting admission or not?

11th September 2018, 05:30 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Possibility to secure 9th standard admission in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya?

It is possible for a 8th standard student of CBSE to get admission in ninth standard of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya.

There is entrance exam conducted for admission in ninth standard in JNV schools. Your ward needs to crack the exam for admission in ninth standard. 8th passed students of any recognized board can apply for exam of JNVs.
11th September 2018, 07:59 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to secure 9th standard admission in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya?

Yes, candidates are eligible to get admission in Jawahar Navodaya Vidayalaya in 9th.

Candidates have to appear and qualify in the entrance examination for admission in the school.

Candidates appearing for std 8th final examination are eligible to appear for examination.

So, if you are studying in std 8th then you are eligible to apply for the examination this year..
12th September 2018, 10:17 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, its possible for your ward to get admission in ninth standard in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya. Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya conducts entrance exam for admission in 6th and ninth standard.

The minimum academic qualification for ninth standard exam is 8th passed from a recognized board. Your ward must crack the exam with good rank as there are limited seats for outsiders in ninth standard.
14th September 2018, 12:26 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Let me tell you that to get admission in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya you have to clear entrance examination.
Entrance examinations are conducted in three phases that is first one is in 5th standard, second one is in 7th standard and third one is in 9th standard.
If you want to admit your child in 9th standard then first step is to clear entrance examination and after clearing it is possible to get admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?