18th September 2011, 05:43 AM
ajeet v

Is this possible to change my College in the 2nd year of my MCA course?

Hi,

i am ajeet. I'm currently pursuing first year MCA from Bhavan's sardar patel institute of technlogy, andheri west.

I scored 96.21 percentile in MAH-MCA-CET 2011 and i was allotted this college in second CAP round. i actually wanted admission in Vivekanand Education societies institute of technology(knows as "swami"), chembur.

My question is IS THERE A WAY I CAN CHANGE MY COLLEGE FROM SECOND YEAR, I WANT IN VIVEKANANDS, CHEMBUR. PLEASE GUIDE.

thanks

18th September 2011, 12:29 PM
kalu21

Default Re: Is this possible to change my College in the 2nd year of my MCA course?

Hi,
I am ajeet. I'm currently pursuing first year MCA from Bhavan's sardar patel institute of technlogy, andheri west. I scored 96.21 percentile in.
Thanks,
18th September 2011, 12:38 PM
Soni_kaur

Default Re: Is this possible to change my College in the 2nd year of my MCA course?

To change the college for such a course is not very easy.because kind of big course has their own entrance exam for geting admision in their colleges...or it can only be posible if u leave the city...
18th September 2011, 01:50 PM
Ashishkrgautam

Smile Re: Is this possible to change my College in the 2nd year of my MCA course?

No you cannot take admission in another college. But if there is any other institute of your university, then you can take admission in that college.
18th September 2011, 04:30 PM
praveendia

no it is not possible.bcoz it comes in the same university.
18th September 2011, 04:30 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

for some university there is a rules that candidate can change their institution after the end of first year. but this change is not so much. you should have very good academic qualification as well as there should be vacant position where you want to shift. then only you can shift your institution.

if you want to shift your institution then contact with your university they will provide you application form for swapping institution if they permit it. they will also tell you about the exact procedure of changing institution. if you change institution then you have to pay again the application fees and other fees. you may get back only the caution money from your current institution.

best wishes.
18th September 2011, 04:49 PM
peterpan10
Senior Member+

As far I know after doing 1st year a candidate an change college.But there are so many terms and conditions to change college.you must have good result throught 1st year with good attendance.Then you can contact to that particular college where you want to go.

But I never knew that candidate can change college after 2nd year.If it is possible then you must contact to that particular college whether there are vacant seats at all.If the seats are available then you should contact to that.
19th September 2011, 10:57 PM
ajeet v

Smile Re: Is this possible to change my College in the 2nd year of my MCA course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMESS View Post
for some university there is a rules that candidate can change their institution after the end of first year. but this change is not so much. you should have very good academic qualification as well as there should be vacant position where you want to shift. then only you can shift your institution.

if you want to shift your institution then contact with your university they will provide you application form for swapping institution if they permit it. they will also tell you about the exact procedure of changing institution. if you change institution then you have to pay again the application fees and other fees. you may get back only the caution money from your current institution.

best wishes.

Thanks for information, it's really helpful info.

actually even sardar patel is also one of the best engineering colleges in mumbai. but for me traveling is a problem and MCA is newly introduced in college so faculties are less for subjects. i wanted vivekanand chembur but i just missed the cutoff.
anyways thanks for info. i'll see if i could get vivekanand.

thanks once again.
12th August 2017, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

As I study bcom 1st year now,so can i change my college at 2nd year that also from kerala to mumbai?If it is possible then please tell me the solution
7th October 2019, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

Can I change to other mca college without any fees nd without icet exam for second year present I'm studying mca first year..plss tell me sir
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?