1st May 2011, 03:18 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do M.Tech in Geophysics after BSc?

i am bsc first year student it us possible to do mtech in geophsics after bsc...can you please tell me whether am I eligble to do ?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do MSc in Geophysics after B.Tech? Any good institutes providing M.Tech in geophysics?
  2. Can I apply for M.Sc Applied Geophysics if completed B.Sc with Physics and Chemistry as main subjects?
  3. Can I apply for IIT-JAM(Geology/Geophysics) if having Physics in 3rd & 4th semesters of B.Sc(Geology)? Books for preparation of this exam? Which one has better scope between Geology and Geophysics?
  4. Do CUSAT offer undergraduate courses in Geology, Geography and Geophysics? -- [New]
  5. What to choose B.Sc(H) Computer Science or B.Sc(H) Maths at DU? Eligibility for MCA or Geophysics through IITJAM? What about MBA through IIMs?
  6. Syllabus of M.Tech Geophysics entrance test at Kurukshetra University? Date of forms for the same?
  7. Whether studying B.Sc(Physics) is enough to get admission in M.Sc(Geophysics)?
  8. How much salary will I get after completing BSc+MCA+M.Tech?
  9. Am I eligible to study M.Sc(Geophysics) being a B.Sc(Physics) Honours student? Percentage required to get admission?
  10. Names of the Delhi University colleges offering BSc in Geology or Geophysics?
  11. Syllabus and best book for the preparation of ISM-Dhanbad Geophysics entrance exam?
  12. Can I apply for geophysics after completing BSc in Geography?
  13. Eligibility to get admission in IIT for M.Sc Geophysics course for F.Y.B.Sc pursuing candidate?
  14. Am I eligible for IIT JAM Geophysics? I have completed BSc with PMC group with 64.4% marks
  15. Syllabus, sample question papers with solution and study materials of AUCET for M.Sc Geophysics programme?
  16. Books to be referred to prepare for ONGC graduate trainee exam in geophysics
  17. Should I do directly do M.Tech after completing B.Sc? Which entrance exams I need to write?
  18. How to become a Geologist after 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
1st May 2011, 07:21 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do M.Tech in Geophysics after BSc?

Normally only B.Tech students can go in for M.Tech. But if a candidate has a M.Sc qualification then they can join for this course. So you will first need to complete M.Sc. After that you need to appear for the entrance exam. You can do so when you reach the final year of M.Sc.
1st May 2011, 08:15 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

After B.Sc. in Geophysics you can't get admission in some M.Tech. course because
for admission in M.Tech. you should have a degree of B.Tech.

There are many universities that offer M.Sc. and M.Sc.(Tech) courses in Geophysics.

You can get admission in M.Sc. and M.Sc.(Tech) courses.

As per placement and faculty profile Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad is one of the best
for masters in Geophysics.

The placement of this course in the college is very good because mostly students
are placed in Mining, Petroleum and R&D division of various industries.
Also, you will get a good exposure for higher studies in foreign universities through this
university.

ISM conducts its separate entrance exam for admission in M.Sc.(Tech) in Geophysics.
You should check its website for details.

www.ismdhanbad.ac.in
1st May 2011, 08:47 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

As you have finished B.Sc course,you cannot get M.tech course.
To have M.tech course,you should have previous education as B.tech.

As you want to do Geophysics course,then take admission in good college which is providing M.Sc Geophysics course.
23rd June 2011, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

I am B. Tech final year student and i have two questions ?
1) Is there are any good institution offering M. Tech course in Geophysics??
2) Can i do M Sc in geophysics after my B. tech ????
26th July 2011, 01:51 AM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am bsc first year student it us possible to do mtech in geophsics after bsc...can you please tell me whether am I eligble to do ?

you can only do mtech after pursuing msc ------------for bsc graduates.
best of luck
18th October 2011, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

I am a student pursuing b.tech biotechnology.. Can I opt for M.tech in Geophysics???
18th October 2011, 10:45 PM
goutambiswas87

hi,
for doing M.Tech,you have to appeared in MSc.Only BSc degree is not applicable for GATE.
so,at first complete your BSc and then be appeared in MSc.afterthat you will be eligible in GATE as well as M.Tech.

thank you...
9th November 2011, 12:50 AM
Unregistered

when will admission of geophysics of ISM(dhanbad) start???
12th February 2012, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

i m bsc physics(hons) final year student and i want to pursue for integrated phd in physics or geophysics .. can you pls tell me d best institutes in india offering these courses ?
12th March 2012, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do M.Sc in Applied petroleum Geo-Physics after completing my B.SC in physic with combination of geology and Mathematics as my pass courses?
29th April 2012, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

Where it is possible to do msc geophysics afterBsc(H) in physics
1st May 2012, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

i m a 3rd bsc physics student and i want to do masters in geophysics...........am i elligible for this.......i don have geology as my combination
3rd November 2012, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

from Delhi, i am in class 12 and this is November 3 right now i am interested in for a course in geology / geophysics what is the difference between the two??. any good colleges offering bsc course int this field or integrated msc course thank in advance
5th March 2014, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: Is it possible to do M.Tech in Geophysics after BSc?

i am a bsc final year student, is it possible to do mtech in geophysics after bsc,and even i dont have geology combination in bsc. can you please tell me whether i am eligible are not ,if yes which written should be written after bsc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?