21st January 2018, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to get admission in B.Sc Mathematics without having Maths in High School (12th)?

Can I get admission in B.Sc Mathematics without having maths in 10+2? As I had taken Commerce without Maths in 10+2. But now I want to pursue career in Mathematics. Is it possible?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study economics honors, if did not studied maths in class 12th?
  2. School is not allowing me to take Mathematics in 12th after I failed Maths in 11th
  3. Can I take admission in BSc after failing in chemistry? I have passed Maths and Physics and want to do BSc Mathematics
  4. Is admission in M.Sc Mathematics primarily based on 12th board exam percentage or on graduation results?
  5. Am I eligible to study Maths in B.Com if pursuing 12th Commerce with Physical Education?
  6. Can I eligible to do MCA from Mumbai University after the completion of B.Sc IT with Mathematics and 12th without Mathematics?
  7. Subjects required for eligibility for BCA CET?
  8. Can I do Ph.D in Maths after working in high school for 18 years?
  9. Am I eligible to do PhD in Mathematics if completed M.Sc in Statistics? Procedure to get admission?
  10. Can I get admission in BSc Honors(Maths) after completing 12th
  11. Scope of BTech over BSc(Mathematics) course? -- [New]
  12. How can I take admission in BSc non medical after completing 12th standard?
  13. B.Com from SRCC after 11th and 12 standard without Maths? Can I do C.A afterwards? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Am I eligible to do PhD in Mathematics being a Chemistry postgraduate?
  15. What should I do for admission in B.Sc Mathematics hons if my financial condition is not good?
  16. Which entrance exams are there for admission in M.Sc (maths)?
  17. Am I eligible to teach in government school maths after B.Ed in Mathematics?
  18. Whether having Mathematics in 12th for BCA is compulsory or not? Name of colleges which takes admission without Maths?
23rd January 2018, 07:45 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get admission in B.Sc Mathematics without having Maths in High School (12th)?

No, you are not eligible to get admission in B.Sc Mathematics course.

The eligibility to get admission in course is that candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main paper.

So, you are not eligible to appear in entrance examination or to get admission on merit basis in B.Sc Mathematics course.
23rd January 2018, 08:23 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get admission in B.Sc Mathematics without having Maths in High School (12th)?

Having completed your Class 12th in commerce stream you are not eligible for pursuing B.Sc. ( Bachelor of Science ) in Mathematics degree course as for pursuing the same degree course, the minimum educational qualification required is a higher secondary school degree in Science stream with Mathematics as one of the main subjects from a recognized board of education.
23rd January 2018, 11:07 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Having completed your Class 12th in Commerce stream you are not eligible for pursuing any bachelor degree course related to science stream and therefore you can not pursue B.Sc in Mathematics degree too for which the required educational qualification is a higher secondary school degree in Science stream with Mathematics as a main subjects from a recognized board of education.

So in order to pursue B.Sc in Mathematics degree course you are required to reappear in your Class 12th with Science stream with Mathematics as a main subject.
26th January 2018, 11:54 PM
Vikasjhacds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I get admission in B.Sc Mathematics without having maths in 10+2? As I had taken Commerce without Maths in 10+2. But now I want to pursue career in Mathematics. Is it possible?
After passing 12th without maths you are not eligible for BSC mathematics.

For BSC mathematics you have to pass 12th with maths is a major subject.

Other than BSc mathematics you have other options like

BBA
BCA
B.COM
Bachelor of Fashion Technology
Bachelor of Hotel Management
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?