28th November 2011, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to give IPS exam after studying computer science engineering in Bangalore?

sir , am a kannada mediam student sir .am studying computer sciece engg in bengalore .it is possible to me get ips exam

Related Questions:
  1. How should I become a IPS Officer being a candidate pursuing Engineering in Computer Science?
  2. Can I give IPS exam after completing Computer Science and Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. How to attend inplant training in BHEL company at Bangalore? I am studying B.E computer science and engineering
  4. Can I give IPS exam in Marathi? I am studying computer engineering first year in Maharashtra
  5. Which course is the best to take up in future? I have taken up science with PCM and computer science
  6. How to do degree in computer science while studying in mechanical engineering?
  7. How to apply for IPS exam after B.Sc. in Computer Science?
  8. How to become an IPS officer after passing computer science?
  9. Best college in Bangalore for computer science and engineering? Scope in next 5 to 10 years for this course?
  10. Internship for B.Tech(Computer Science Engineering) 3rd year student in Bangalore? -- [New]
  11. Can I appear for IPS exam after B.Tech. in CSE? If yes, give tips for self study ?
  12. How to prepare for IPS exam while pursuing engineering from computer science?
  13. List of colleges which offer Computer Science Diploma courses in Bangalore?
  14. Which entrance test to answer to take up computer science engineering in Christ Engineering College Bangalore?
  15. Eligibility of joining B.Tech in Aeronautical after studying diploma in Computer Science?
  16. Colleges offering M.Tech course in CS and IT branches?
  17. What is the eligibility and criteria for IPS exam? I am a student of 3rd year of computer science engineering
  18. How to join marine engineering after studying B.E Computer Science?
7th December 2011, 12:23 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to give IPS exam after studying computer science engineering in Bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir , am a kannada mediam student sir .am studying computer sciece engg in bengalore .it is possible to me get ips exam
hi,

If you want to become I.P.S officer then you have to pass the B.TECH in any stream you want from the recognized university.

I.P.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.
Eligibility criteria:-
>pass the B.TECH from recognized university.
> Age limit:-
For open category:-21-30year
For OBC category :- 21-33year
For ST/SC category:-21-37 year
> Number of attempts:-
For open category:- 4
For ST/SC category:-7
> Must be citizen of India.

CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) EXAM., 2012
Date of notification:-04.02.2012
Last date of receipt of exam:- 05.03.2012(MONDAY)
Date of exam:-20.05.2012(SUNDAY)

CIVIL SERVICES (MAIN) EXAM., 2012
Date of exam:- 05.10.2012(FRIDAY)

GOOD LUCK!
24th January 2012, 09:02 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to give IPS exam after studying computer science engineering in Bangalore?

Quote:
HI,
Yes you can apply for I.P.S exam after passing the graduation or You engineering course.

I.P.S stand for Indian Police Service.
I.P.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Age limit:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
27th January 2012, 09:14 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can give IPS exam.

Eligibility Criteria for IPS:

Educational qualification:
You should have completed your graduation in any discipline from any recognized university. Final year students in graduation can also apply. So you are eligible if you are a final year student and also after completing your graduation.

Age limit:
Should have crossed 21 years. But should not have crossed 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs .

Physical Standard:
Height – Male 165 cm

Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9

Blood pressure (High) – Age 23 – 123,
age 24 – 124,
age 25 –122,
age 28 – 124,
age 30 –125,
age 32 – 126,
age 34 – 127.

Others:
Good listening & normal ear cavity. Candidate should not stammer while speaking.

If you fulfill it, then take a look at the admission procedure:

You can apply both online and offline.

For offline application, you have to collect the form from the designated post offices.

For online application, you have to visit the official website.

You will also get other details there...like exam date, other criteria etc....

official website-- http://www.upsc.gov.in
27th January 2012, 09:16 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can give IPS exam.

Eligibility Criteria for IPS:

Educational qualification:
You should have completed your graduation in any discipline from any recognized university. Final year students in graduation can also apply. So you are eligible if you are a final year student and also after completing your graduation.

Age limit:
Should have crossed 21 years. But should not have crossed 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs .

Physical Standard:
Height – Male 165 cm

Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9

Blood pressure (High) – Age 23 – 123,
age 24 – 124,
age 25 –122,
age 28 – 124,
age 30 –125,
age 32 – 126,
age 34 – 127.

Others:
Good listening & normal ear cavity. Candidate should not stammer while speaking.

If you fulfill it, then take a look at the admission procedure:

You can apply both online and offline.

For offline application, you have to collect the form from the designated post offices.

For online application, you have to visit the official website.

You will also get other details there...like exam date, other criteria etc....

official website-- http://www.upsc.gov.in
28th January 2012, 07:28 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes , You are applicable for IPS exam.The details of this exam is given below.

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.This exam is conduct through Civil Service Exam .

Those candidate have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.
In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.
Also you must be citizen of India.

EXAM PATTERN FOR IPS EXAM

PHYSICAL CRITERIA FOR IPS EXAM

EXAM DATE:-

Civil Services Preliminary Exam, 2012

Date of notification: 04-02-2012

Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 05-03-2012

Date of Exam: 20-05-2012

Civil Services Main Exam, 2012

Date of Commencement of Exam: 05-10-2012

For more details about IPS exam please visit to www.upsc.gov.in
28th January 2012, 08:30 AM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
The eligibility required for the Indian administrative service is a bachelor degree from a recognised university. You can also apply for it in your final year provided you have completed 21 years of age. There is no restriction on the percentage required for it. The maximum age for applying is 30 for a general category aspirants and there is relaxation of 3 years for bc and mbc aspirants. Five years for sc and st aspirants.
There is also restriction on the number of attempts one can apply maximum of 4 attempts . Bc and mbc aspirant can make 7 attempts whereas sc and st aspirants has no restriction.
The selection procedure for the post includes common aptitude exam, main exam. Personnel interview and physical test which is a important part of the selection process.
28th January 2012, 12:27 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear
Yes, you apply for IPS officer after complete your study Engineering

Criteria for IPS officer:-

*Candidate pass graduation in any stream.
*Age- 21 to 30 years
3 years relax for OBC candidates
5 years for SC/ST candidates.

For more information you see

www.upsc.gov.in

Here i will give the calender for 2012 years:-

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?