27th January 2018, 09:38 PM
Ashok waman

Is it possible to take admission in M.Sc Chemistry after M.Tech?

I have completed M.Tech. Now I was looking to study further and take admission in M.Sc in Chemistry. Am I eligible for it? What is the process to take admission in M.Sc after B.Tech?

Related Questions:
  1. Which college is best to do M.Sc Chemistry after completion of B.Sc Chemistry course?
  2. How to do M.Tech after passing MSc Applied Chemistry? Which branch of M.Tech is offered for MSc Holder?
  3. Can I do M.Tech after M.Sc in Chemistry?
  4. Can I pursue M.Tech after completion of M.Sc in Chemistry?
  5. Can I appear for GATE in Mathematics stream if I am pursuing B.E in Computer Science stream?
  6. How to get admission into MSc in pharmaceutical chemistry? I am a BSc final year student with chemistry honors
  7. How can I get admission in MSc Chemistry in Delhi University? What is the cutoff for MSc Chemistry?
  8. Is there any difficulty to get PhD(Chemistry) admission in Galgotias University with academic gaps? -- [New]
  9. Is M.Sc in Chemistry a better option after B.Sc in Chemistry? Previous DU M.Sc chemistry question papers?
  10. Admission process of MSc Chemistry in Delhi University? Any entrance exam for MSc Chemistry? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Detailed information about the universities conducting Integrated Ph.D(Chemistry) and M.Sc(Chemistry) entrance exams? Which university offers M.Sc Nuclear Chemistry course? How can I get admission?
  12. Job opportunities for BSc Chemistry or MSc Chemistry and what kind of jobs are available for BSc or MSc Chemistry in India and Middle East?
  13. How can I take admission for MSc in pharmaceutical chemistry? I am studying in BSc final year with chemistry honors
  14. What is the procedure followed for doing M.Sc Chemistry in distance mode?
  15. What is the procedure for admission in MSc Chemistry in Calcutta University?
  16. Doing MSc Chemistry without doing bridge course of BSc Chemistry? Can I do MSc Chemistry in 1 year sitting?
  17. List of colleges offering MSc Chemistry under OU? What is the cutoff rank for BC-B female students to take admission in MSc Chemistry under OU?
  18. What is the procedure followed to do M.Sc Chemistry externally?
31st January 2018, 07:45 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to take admission in M.Sc Chemistry after M.Tech?

The eligibility criteria for Master of Science course is:

1. You should have done bachelor's degree in science, engineering or technology. Bachelor of Technology candidates are eligible for Master of Science course. You should have minimum of 60% marks in Bachelor of Technology to apply for M.Sc course.

You can also apply for entrance exam of various universities like ;

IIT JAM.

Delhi University Entrance Examination.

Mahatma Gandhi University Post Graduation entrance examination.

University of Pune Entrance Examination.
31st January 2018, 09:43 AM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Below is the eligibility criteria to study M.Sc in Chemistry.
>>Candidates should have passed B.Sc with Chemistry as major subject with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.

As you have completed M.Tech, so you are not eligible to do M.Sc in chemistry.
31st January 2018, 11:47 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The educational qualification required for Master of Science in Chemistry is that you should have done bachelor's degree in science, engineering or technology. You can apply for Master of Science course after Bachelor of Technology. Top universities conduct their entrance examination for M.Sc admissions.

1. Delhi University Entrance Examination.

2. IIT JAM for M.Sc admissions.

3. Banaras Hindu University.

4. Pune University.

5. Patna University.
31st January 2018, 01:04 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for M.Sc in Chemistry.

Admission Procedure for M.Sc course are:-

Students must have a graduate degree from any recognized university and also scored more than 55% aggregate in their final exams.

Apart from this, an admission test will be held for granting admission in M.Sc course.

Those students who pass in the entrance examination will get admission.

Some of the colleges also go through interviews.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?