30th November 2015, 02:17 AM
subhra222

Is it practically or theoretically possible to crack CPT paper? Should I enroll for CA or drop the idea being weak in Maths?

I am 33 year old law graduate got less then 55% marks and I am opting for CA course for which I have to enrol right from CPT and over there is a compulsory maths paper and in this context it is pertinent to mention here that I am not from maths background and I am finding the syllabus is like a mountain. Please tell us it practically to theoretically possible to crackers maths and cpt paper ? Please reply me at the earliest so that I can decide whether should I enrol myself for CA or I should drop the idea of enrolling myself in CA course ?

30th November 2015, 06:14 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it practically or theoretically possible to crack CPT paper? Should I enroll for CA or drop the idea being weak in Maths?

Questions asked in Common Proficiency Test is from Fundamentals of Accounting, Mercantile law, Economics and Quantitative Aptitude. It is not a full fleged mathematics paper. You can solve mathematics from 7th to 10th standard and that will be enough to crack the paper and score 30% marks in it.

What matters is the practice if you are ready to do practice you can easily clear the Aptitude paper without any problem. If you have thought to do Chartered Accountancy then do, do not take step backward.
30th November 2015, 11:00 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it practically or theoretically possible to crack CPT paper? Should I enroll for CA or drop the idea being weak in Maths?

First of all see the examination pattern of Common Proficiency Test. CPT is conducted twice every year by Institute of Chartered Accountants of India in June and December. There are objective questions from subjects mentioned as below:

>>Fundamentals of Accounting

>>Quantitative Aptitude.

>>Mercantile Law.

>>Economics.

To just need to score 30% marks in each subject in order to clear the test and overall aggregate of 50%.

You can gain command in Aptitude by practice. Questions asked are of elementary level. You just need enough practice and you can do it if you work on it. So, you must enroll for CPT and clear it for Chartered Accountancy course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?