5th January 2021, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to apply for the IPS exam for a BSc(Computer Science) student?

Hi, I am studying in 2nd year of BSc with Computer Science. I would like to apply for the IPS exam. However, I don't know the procedure, so please let me know about the procedure for applying. Waiting for your response!

9th January 2021, 01:15 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to apply for the IPS exam for a BSc(Computer Science) student?

If you wish to apply for Civil Services Exam (UPSC), then you can apply through UPSC Online website.

Link: https://upsconline.nic.in/

Note that IPS, IAS, IFS, IRS posts and other such posts are filled through Civil Services Exam only.

UPSC Civil Services exam is concluded in three stages i.e.
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Mains Exam
  • Personal Interview

You will have to pass these stages one by one to qualify this exam.

For year 2021, online applications for Preliminary Exam will be releasing on 10 Feb 2021. Last date to apply will be 2 March 2021. And finally, Preliminary exam will be conducted on 27 June 2021.

Mains Exam is scheduled to be conducted on 17 September 2021.

And then qualified candidates of Mains exam will be called for Personal Interview.
9th January 2021, 05:13 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to apply for the IPS exam for a BSc(Computer Science) student?

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and to be an IPS officer, you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

Further, the minimum education required to apply for the Civil Services examination is a Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of their degree course are also eligible.

So. being a student of 2nd year of B.Sc. in Computer Science degree course, you need to qualify the Civil Services examination once you get into the final year of your B.Sc. degree course.

For complete details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
9th January 2021, 10:02 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service examination is conducted for recruitment as I.A.S, I.P.S Officer etc.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years. Examination is conducted in three stages for final selection.

For more information about the examination pattern visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?