31st January 2016, 01:33 PM
abhisurve

Procedure to apply in Merchant Navy after Diploma in Mechanical engineering?

sir i am completed diploma in mechanical engineering with 60%. I want to join to merchant navy, please tell me the procedure and how apply in the merchant navy.

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to apply in Merchant Navy after Diploma in Mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  2. What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy? Age limit and requirements for joining merchant navy? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. How to join Merchant Navy after passing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  4. Procedure to join Merchant Navy being a candidate of BE in Mechanical Engineering? Will there be any separate procedure to apply for this in Government Colleges?
  5. How to join Merchant Navy after diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  6. What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy? I am a student od diploma mechanical
  7. Can I do merchant navy if currently doing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  8. What should i do after Diploma in Mechanical Engineering for finding a better post in Merchant Navy?
  9. Can a Mechanical Engineering B.Tech student apply for Merchant Navy? Will the course suit the Mechanical Engineers?
  10. Am I eligible to apply for merchant navy after completion of diploma in electronics? What is the procedure followed to apply for Merchant Navy?
  11. Can I apply for merchant navy if I am a diploma holder in mechanical engineering
  12. Total fee structure for one year Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering? Best college for Mechanical Engineering for Merchant Navy?
  13. Can I apply for Merchant Navy courses being Diploma holder in Plastic Engineering?
  14. Can I join or apply for merchant navy after diploma or polytechnic in mechanical?
  15. Application for Merchant Navy after passing Engineering diploma in mechanical engineering?
  16. Can i join Merchant Navy after studying Diploma course in Mechanical stream?
  17. How to join merchant navy after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  18. Can I join Merchant Navy after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
31st January 2016, 10:24 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to apply in Merchant Navy after Diploma in Mechanical engineering?

Yes definitely you are eligible to join Merchant Navy after completion of your diploma:

Eligibility:

Candidate must have done diploma with at least 50% marks and Diploma College should be approved by AICTE. Maximum age limit should not exceed 28 years.
There are 8 colleges in India approved by DG Shipping in India for the course of Marine Engineering Diploma 6 of them are in Chennai and it at Goa and Port Blair.
1st February 2016, 12:29 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to apply in Merchant Navy after Diploma in Mechanical engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisurve View Post
sir i am completed diploma in mechanical engineering with 60%. I want to join to merchant navy, please tell me the procedure and how apply in the merchant navy.
Merchant Navy is an as commercial fleet of non-combatant ships which deals with transportation of passengers, cargo and other things. To join in merchant navy you need to have completed +2. If you have completed +2 or equivalent course such as Diploma then you can join in as a Deck Cadet.

You will be undergoing basic pre-sea training which will be arranged by the company in which you join. You need to study some courses in order to join in Merchant Navy.

You can apply for Diploma in Nautical Science for which the education qualification for this course is +2 or equivalent with P.C.M (Physics, Chemistry and Math) as compulsory subjects and you should have scored 50% in aggregate.

After completing the course you need to apply for the All India Merchant Navy Entrance Test (AIMNET) conducted by Bharat Shipping Limited to join in Merchant Navy. This exam is conducted mostly in the months of November - December.
1st February 2016, 12:34 AM
pabolu srivalli

Merchant Navy can be appeared after 10th and 12th class and you can appear after your diploma for the officers of
  • Nautical Deck
  • Marine Engineering

There are some eligibility criteria to be followed for Merchant Navy such as
  • Should have age limit between 16 to 25 years
  • Should be physically and mentally strong,girls and boys un married are eligible to apply for merchant navy

The notification has not yet been declared and if declared it will be available through the official website given below and according to the notification apply for the IMU Merchant Navy 2016

http://imucet2014.in/imu-cet-2015-ex...ams-eligiblity
17th December 2016, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

I am student of polytechnic in mechanical branch my college name is Mss's cet Jalna, can I join Merchant Navy?
12th May 2017, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am completed diploma mechanical engineer with 74%. I want to join to marchent navy. Please
9th July 2017, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

Sir l have complete diploma in mechanical engineering. Can l join merchant navy directly?
3rd October 2017, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have complete diploma in mechanical engineering. Can l join merchant navy directly?
2nd August 2018, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

Sir,I have completed diploma in mechanical engineering with 69% .I am interested to join marchant navy.please guide me.
9th October 2019, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

I have complete Diploma in Mechanical (production) Engineering at Govt Polytechnic Sutawali Amroha (Muradabad) UP. And DOB 27/9/1999 with 69%marks

So can I apply this course
1st November 2019, 09:32 AM
Unregistered

How to join Merchant Navy after diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
29th January 2020, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am interested to join in merchant navy.iam a diploma holder in the stream of mechanical engineering in Visakhapatnam,is there any change to me join in merchant navy...plzz
15th February 2020, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

Sir,I have completed diploma in mechanical engineering with 70% .I am interested to join merchant navy.
15th May 2020, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir I am interested to join merchant navy I have done diploma in mechanical engineering and 3 year experience of automobile industry..can I join merchant nevy
19th June 2020, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

sir I have completed my diploma mechanical engineering within 7.00 sgpa from MP Rgpv university. How can I join the merchant navy please guide me
2nd July 2020, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

Sir,I have completed diploma in mechanical engineering with 72.34% .I am interested to join merchant navy. Please
16th November 2020, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

sir, I have completed my diploma electrical and electronics with 63 pecent.. how can i get job in navy
1st May 2021, 01:12 AM
Unregistered

Vhow can i join merchant nevy after diploma on INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY for girls?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?