11th April 2018, 03:22 AM
Kunalchauhan3961

Procedure to join Indian Army for 12th student who is 10 years old?

Hello Sir/Mam, My name is Kunal Chauhan and I am from New Delhi. I am 19 years of age and studying in 12th standard. I want to join Indian Army so that I can protect my country from terrorists. Please help me to know about the process to join Indian Army.

Related Questions:
14th April 2018, 09:12 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join Indian Army for 12th student who is 10 years old?

To join Indian Army being a 12th standard, you have to appear in UPSC NDA examination after completion of your 12th standard. To be eligible to appear in NDA examination, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a Government recognised board. You should be in the age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years. You should be an unmarried male candidate and should be physically fit. Since, you are pursuing 12th standard, you have to complete it, to be eligible to appear in NDA examination for joining in Indian Army.
15th April 2018, 11:10 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

NDA is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted twice in a year for recruitment in defence service ( Army, Navy, Air Force ).The eligibility to appear for examination is that :

Candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th board examination.

Candidate's age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible.

So, you have to qualify for both stages Written and SSB for final selection. For more details regarding the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th April 2018, 11:59 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Since you are a studying in your Class 12th and 19 years old so you join Indian Army as a tradesman, soldier clerk, commissioned officer, etc. .

For becoming a commissioned officer, you need to join NDA by qualifying NDA entrance examination held by UPSC. For appearing in the same examination your age need to lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

Further for joining a tradesman, soldier or soldier clerk you are required to clear their recruitment rally followed by Common Entrance Examination. These recruitments are based on the vacancies. For recruitment at these posts, your age needs to lie within 17 years to 23.5 years.

For more detailed information regarding different entries in Indian Army with their respective eligibility criteria, you can refer to the link www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
15th April 2018, 12:35 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

You have to appear and qualify for NDA examination for recruitment in Indian Army as an officer.

For entry as Clerk or other post you have to appear and qualify for various recruitment rally conducted by Indian Army.

The eligibility to appear for NDA examination is that candidate must have passed or pursing from a recognised board. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible to appear for examination.

So, you can appear for examination and after qualifying in it will become eligible to join Indian Army and serve for the country.
16th April 2018, 08:58 PM
sha2nk90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunalchauhan3961 View Post
Hello Sir/Mam, My name is Kunal Chauhan and I am from New Delhi. I am 19 years of age and studying in 12th standard. I want to join Indian Army so that I can protect my country from terrorists. Please help me to know about the process to join Indian Army.
You can join Indian Army through 10+2 Technical Entry Scheme Course for Permanent Commission.

Eligibility:

>> You should be of Indian Citizen. (Subject of Bhutan or Nepal are also allowed)

>> Your Age should be between 16.5 years to 19.5 Years.

>> Your 10+2 pass percentage should be 70%.

>> Stream of study should be PCM from a Recognised Education Board.

## You need to visit http://www.joinindianarmy.nic.in and click on online application for applying online.
## After clearing the entrance exam you will have to undergo 4 year course.
## After completion of 4 year course you will be granted permanent commission in the army at the rank of Lt.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?