31st August 2011, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to qualify for CAT exam after B.Tech?

what is the procedure to qualify cat exam after b.tech...please tell me the procedure

7th September 2011, 10:16 AM
vishuraj2007
Member+

Default Re: Procedure to qualify for CAT exam after B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what is the procedure to qualify cat exam after b.tech...please tell me the procedure
CAT is conducted every year in the month of November and/or December
for admission in MBA in 13 IIMs & also another reputed Govt./Private Management Colleges.

To be eligible for appear in CAT, a candidate must have passed his/her Bachelor's Degree in any stream with atleast 50%.

Those candidates which are in final/appearing year of his/her Bachelor's
Degree are also eligible to be appear in the CAT.

As the result is published, after individual IIMs send interview call letters
as it shortlisted.

After they conduct Written Ability Test (WAT) and/or Group Discussions (GD)
and/or Personal Interviews (PI).

Also they consider academic performance and/or professional experience.

The admission cut-off and the process may varies in each IIMs.

The notification for this CAT-2011 is already published on its official website
and last date of sale of CAT Voucher is Sept 26, 2011 and last date for
applying online is Sept 28, 2011.

For more information - Click Here
7th September 2011, 11:21 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
CAT Stands for Common Admission Test and this examination was conducted by IIM's Every Year.

>> The Notification of CAT 2011 Examination was Already Available in the official website and the Registration process was also Started.

So, If you are Really Interested to apply for CAT Examination, then you have to passed your graduate degree course in any discipline form a recognised University. Final year Graduates candidates are also eligible to apply for CAT Examination. But You have to scored minimum 50% marks in your Graduation, Otherwise you cant apply for CAT If you have scored less than 50% marks in Graduation.

>> The examination are Objective and the duration of the test was 1Hr 10Min.

And In this examination There will be two separately timed sections -

(a) Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
(b) Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning.

>> So, If you are Fulfill the given eligibility Criteria, then you have required to purchase a CAT voucher at selected Axis Bank branches from 17 August – 26 September 2011.

And the examination was Started form Saturday, 22 October 2011 - Friday, 18 November 2011.

So, If you are Interested in this examination, then please fill the CAT Application form Online by visit the Official website, So please fill the application form Soon before the Last Date And for complete Information please check the official website -

http://www.catiim.in
8th September 2011, 12:59 AM
pitabash

the education qualification for appearing CAT Exam is any graduate. So after B.Tech, you can apply for cat exam conducted every year by IIM for admission for MBA in various discipline at 13 IIMs all over India and the cat exam rank can be applicable for taking admission in some other business schools. To apply for CAT Exam, you have to visit the website www.catiim.in and you can apply there. The CAT exam is one of the India's most tough exams and needs a lot of preparation.
all the best.
10th May 2012, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

can i apply for cat at the final year of my B.Tech?
5th May 2013, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

how many marks i have to get in cat to join iim,bbm
26th June 2013, 07:10 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

•> There is no any Problem with the Distance Course so, you are definitely applicable for the CAT Examination.

CAT stands for the Common Admission Test which is conducted by Indian Institute of Management for the admission in the Post Graduation course or Fellow course in the Management Field.

The Score of CAT is Separately used by each Institute. Through this score cared you can get the admission in the Indian's Top ranked Management Universities.

♦>> Eligibility and Criteria :-

1. A candidate should have Graduate Degree in any field can apply for it.

2. A candidate must have secure at least 50% in their Academic career.

3. For SC/ST 45% marks are applicable..

4. Final year of Bachelor can also apply for the same.

♦>> Reservation :-

1. 15% Reservation Scheduled Caste (SC)

2. 7½% Reservation for Scheduled Tribe (ST)

3. 27% Reservation for Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates belonging to the “non-creamy” layer.

♦>> Exam Pattern:-

•> Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation Related 30 Questions asked which you have to Ans. in 1 hour and 10 Minute.

•> Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning Related 30 Questions asked which you have to Ans. in 1 hour and 10 Minute.

Total time duration is 2 hour and 35 minute.

>. Some of the CAT preparation books :~

How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT Common Admission Test
by Arun Sharma
Publisher: Tata McGraw-Hill

How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for the CAT Common Admission Test
by Arun Sharma

How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT Common Admission Test
by Arun Sharma

>> All the Best . . .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?