7th May 2018, 03:42 AM
abhraneel sur

Is qualifying in all subject mandatory for WBCHSE Commerce Board exam?

Hello everyone, I am a Commerce student of WBCHSE Board. I have given my Board exam of 12th standard. I just want to know that if I fail in 4th subject then I will declare pass? Is qualifying in all subject mandatory? Please let me know immediately.

23rd July 2018, 10:31 AM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is qualifying in all subject mandatory for WBCHSE Commerce Board exam?

West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education(WBCHSE) has made some changes from this year.

Changes Made by WBCHSE:

>> The marks in HS exam will be calculated in the best of Five subjects marks obtained by candidate. In example, if a candidate have Bengali, English, Physics, Chemistry, Math, Biology in HS exam and obtain 81,82,83,84,85 and 86 marks respectively, then, the best of five marks will be calculated. It means Bengali will be the optional subject here. Earlier, Bengali and English were compulsory subjects.

>> If a candidate fail in one subject and pass in other five subjects, then as per the new rules, the best five subjects marks will be calculated and he/she will be declared pass candidate.

*** So, if you fail in one subject in commerce stream and pass the rest five subjects, you will pass the exam. But, try to pass all subjects in the exam because if you fail in one subject, there may be some problems happen at the time of admission in college. Just make sure that you are giving enough time on study and the success will follow you.
"Your Last Mistake is Your best Teacher."
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?