31st January 2011, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

Relaxation in age limit for SC category for SCRA examination?

Sir,
Most humbly and Respectfully i(arun kr.gautam) beg to say that my age is 1/07/1990 and i am willing to appear in this exam.And right now i am 21 years old please tell me will i be eligible to give this exam.or i will get 6 years relaxation in my age or not. because i belongs to sc category.
please tell me how many seats are there for this exam. and which post i am going to get in railway.please tell me i'll be highly thankful to you
thanking you.
your's faithfully
arun kr. gautam
[email protected]

31st January 2011, 04:09 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Relaxation in age limit for SC category for SCRA examination?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
Most humbly and Respectfully i(arun kr.gautam) beg to say that my age is 1/07/1990 and i am willing to appear in this exam.And right now i am 21 years old please tell me will i be eligible to give this exam.or i will get 6 years relaxation in my age or not. because i belongs to sc category.
please tell me how many seats are there for this exam. and which post i am going to get in railway.please tell me i'll be highly thankful to you
thanking you.
your's faithfully
arun kr. gautam
[email protected]
Dear Friend

The permissible age limit for SCRA examination is 17-21 years
for GEN category candidates.
But, as per government rules the SC/ST candidates are given
relaxation of upto 5 years.
Therefore, you are eligible to apply till you get 26 years old.

The SCRA job is assumed to be the most royal job in Indian Railways
So, I would suggest you not to worry for the post you may get
after qualifying the exam. Whatever it would be, it would be the best.

visit:www.upsc.gov.in

Thank You
31st January 2011, 04:41 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Smile Re: Relaxation in age limit for SC category for SCRA examination?

Hello dear,

Age Limits:

A candidate must have attained the age of 17 years and must not have attained the age of 21 years on 1st August, 2009, i.e. he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1988 and not later than 1st August, 1992.

The upper age limit is relax able as follows:

1) Upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.

2)Upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.

3)Upto a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989.

5)Upto a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area.

6)Upto a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st August, 2009 and have been released
31st January 2011, 04:43 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
thanking you.
your's faithfully
arun kr. gautam
[email protected]
dear fried,
there is a relaxation in age of 5 years for sc students. so you are eligible to give the exam. if you pass the exam, then you will be appointed as a big officer in the indian railways. the will be good enough to make your life royal. the notification of the exam will come in the employment news. for more details regarding the exam, you must visit
www.upsc.gov.in
31st January 2011, 06:25 PM
mishra245

If we talk about the qualification then the 5% relaxation in the 12th standard of the SCRA exam in the other quota.

The age limit for SCRA examination is 17-21 years for general category candidates but for SC/ST candidates are given relaxation of upto 5 years.
Therefore, you are eligible to apply till you get 26 years old.

For more information you can go to the official website of:

visit:www.upsc.gov.in
31st January 2011, 07:04 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Hello dear, relaxation to sc/st categories is upto five years...
31st January 2011, 08:09 PM
diego
Banned

well a student has to be b/w 17 to 21 years of age on 1st of august.. relaxation for five years is given to SC candidates... so cheer up you are eligible.
http://www.upsc.gov.in/exams/notific...9/ntf-scra.htm
Total number of seats is 25.
31st January 2011, 09:46 PM
babydoll

Hello friend,
The age limit for general candidate will be 17-21 year but for the SC/ST/OBC candidate there is 5years of relaxation that is the age limit will be 25 years.
Good luck!!!!
31st January 2011, 10:37 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Hello dear, age relaxation given to sc/st is 5 years,..
26th March 2011, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

RELAXATION IN AGE LIMIT FOR OBC CATEGORY FOR SCRA EXAMINATION
29th June 2011, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

sir, most humbly and respectfully,i (dheeraj rai) beg to say that my age is 10 february 1986, can i apply and be eligible for the scra exam next year again ? if i belong to s.C. category.. plz reply soon . i will be highly thankful to you
29th June 2011, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

respected sir, this z dheeraj kumar rai born on 10 february 1986 and i belong to S.C. category. if i want to appear for the scra exam next year again so plz tell me can i apply and be elligible next year ? plz reply soon i will be very thankful to you. plzzzzz
9th August 2011, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

hi i m jitendra kumar & i m a student of sc i want to give a exam of scra my age is 13.10.1988
13th August 2011, 09:55 PM
Bmsri

Eligibility:

Intermediate with Mathematics and at least one subject as Physics or Chemistry.

Age requirement:

17-21 years as on 1st August . Attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 21 years on 1st August 2011. I.e. Born between 2nd Aug 1990 - 1st August 1994.

Upper Age Relaxation: 5 years for SC, ST .
3 years for OBC.

The selected candidates are called for an interview, which is followed by a medical examination. The standard of syllabus is that of Class XII

For Admission to the SCRA Examination a Candidate:

(1). Must have passed in the first or second division, the Intermediate or an equivalent Examination of a University or Board approved by the Government of India with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry
Graduates with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as their degree subjects can also apply
22nd October 2011, 12:37 AM
Unregistered

respected sir, i m lalit bhatt and my d.o.b. is 25/11/1989. i belong from obc , i want to know that is there anyage rexlation for me in scra exaamination conducting on 29/1/2012. my e.mail i.d is - [email protected]
plz rply me. hopping for postive responce. thanks
22nd October 2011, 12:09 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
SCRA is the special class railway apprentice exam conducted by the UPSC .
The academic requirement for appearing in the exam is minimum of pass in the 10+2 exam conducted either by the state or the central board. The aspirant must have chosen maths, physics and chemistry as his subject . The graduates with degree in maths or physics or chemistry can also apply for the exam.
The age limit for appearing in the exam is maximum of 21 for the candidates belonging to general category. For the aspirant belonging to Bc it is 24. And for a sc and st category candidate the age limit is extended upto 26.
The selection procedure involves written exam followed by personnel interview.
26th January 2012, 03:52 PM
drurv

Age requirement:
17-21 years as on 1st August . Attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 21 years on 1st August 2011. I.e. Born between 2nd Aug 1990 - 1st August 1994.
Upper Age Relaxation: 5 years for SC, ST .
3 years for OBC.
The selected candidates are called for an interview, which is followed by a medical examination. The standard of syllabus is that of Class XII
For Admission to the SCRA Examination a Candidate:
Must have passed in the first or second division, the Intermediate or an equivalent Examination of a University or Board approved by the Government of India with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry
Graduates with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as their degree subjects can also apply
9th March 2012, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

respected sir,
i m anmol i entered class 12th dis year..my age is 17 i belongs to sc category and i want to know that ..how many seats are their for sc candidates in SCRA..nd what minimum no. of marks required to be selected for scra out 600..

i will be rlly greatful if u plz consult me..
anmol.
[email protected]
23rd March 2012, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

R/P
SIR,

MY SELF TANVI,

I AM APPEARING ICWA INTER THIS JUNE 2012,
MY QUALIFICATION : -
BCOM IN COMPUTER APPLICATION
MCM (MASTER IN COMPUTER MANAGEMENT)

MY AGE IS 26 AND BELONGS TO SC COMMUNITY.

AM I ELIGIBLE FOR JOB IN IT DEPARTMENT.

KINDLY INFORM AT THE EARLIST
EMAIL: - [email protected]

regards
Tanvi
26th February 2013, 02:06 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Arun,

SCRA Stands For Special Class Railway Apprentice Examination. This Examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every year.

There is relaxation in age limit for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category.

The Basic Requirements of SCRA Exam are :

* You must have passed 12th with a minimum of 55% marks from any recognized board.

* You must have Physics, Chemistry and Maths as your main subjects in 12th.

* Your age should lie in between 17-21 years.

* There is also a relaxation in upper age of 3 years for OBC candidates and of 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

* You must be an Indian.

Note : This Exam is considered as one of the toughest examinations with just 44 seats all over India.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.

26th February 2013, 06:00 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Arun,

The acronym for SCRA is Special Class Railway Apprentice.

The eligibility criteria required for the SCRA examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of 12th with PCM as main subjects with 55% marks from any recognised board.

* Age limit:- 17-21 yrs.

* Age relaxation:- 3 yrs for OBC and 5 yrs for SC/ST contendors.

* Nationality:- Indian.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?