24th February 2012, 09:52 AM
subrat123ab

Required criteria for SAIL Exam being a student of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

I am a B.tech mechanical engg. student.i want to know criteria for sail exam.

Related Questions:
  1. Internship in TISCO and SAIL for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 2nd year student?
  2. Eligibility criteria of SAIL for Internship programme for B.Tech(ME) student? In which month entrance exam will be conducted?
  3. How can I prepare to score good marks in SAIL MT recruitment exam? Syllabus of SAIL MT(Mechanical Engineering)?
  4. Eligibility to become a Graduate Trainee in SAIL for B.E. Mechanical student? -- [New]
  5. Sample question papers and tips for preparation for SAIL Mechanical engineering stream exam?
  6. What is the syllabus for SAIL management trainee of mechanical engineering?
  7. Eligibility criteria to appear for SAIL entrance exam? Percentage needed in 10th and 12th board exam?
  8. Procedure to apply and requirement for Internship programme in SAIL for MME student?
  9. Procedure to apply for Training in SAIL-Bokaro for B.Tech(ME) 5th semester student?
  10. Procedure to apply for Training in SAIL for B.Tech(ME) 4th semester student?
  11. Syllabus of SAIL for Mechanical engineering? How to get good marks?
  12. List of posts available in SAIL for Diploma Mechanical Engineer? When the recruitment will be published?
  13. Exam pattern of ONGC and SAIL for Mechanical Engineering?
  14. How can I apply for summer internship in SAIL? What is required to do internship in SAIL?
  15. Can I apply for job in SAIL if secured 70% in B.Tech? Should I have to appear in any recruitment exam?
  16. Does SAIL offer Vocational Training to B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 6th semester student?
  17. Procedure to apply for Internship/Training in SAIL-Bokaro for B.Tech(E&TC) 5th semester student?
  18. SAIL MTT previous years question papers for Mechanical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
2nd March 2012, 06:23 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Required criteria for SAIL Exam being a student of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

The main criterion for attending the SAIL exam is a B.Tech graduation. The graduation should be secured from a recognized university or college. You should score 65% marks in aggregate in all the semesters. The maximum age limit for attending this exam is 30 years. There is relaxation allowed for the reserved categories in case of the marks and the age limit also. Selection will be made on the basis of the written exam, GD and personal interview.
19th March 2013, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Required criteria for SAIL Exam being a student of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

I am a student of BITS, Pilani. My college follows relative grading and range here for grading is not determined by % of marks. A person getting 50% marks might be the topper of the course but the criteria for SAIL entrance exam is 65% marks in all semesters. so will a person with 8 point grade but not 65% marks be selected?
2nd May 2013, 01:24 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by subrat123ab View Post
I am a B.tech mechanical engg. student.i want to know criteria for sail exam.

SAIL Stands for Steel Authority of India Limited

The Examination based on Written Examination , Group discussion and Interview

Eligibility Criteria for SAIL Examination :-

One should Complete Bachelor Degree in Engineering Stream in any one of the Specialization like, Civil Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Computer Science Engineering , Ceramics , Electrical Engineering , Instrumentation , Metallurgy , Electronics Engineering Etc... from recognized university .

One should score Minimum 65% Percentage of marks in Bachelor of Engineering course ,, and relaxation will applicable for sc/st candidates for 5% Percentage of marks ..

The age of the applicant should be Minimum 21 and Maximum 30 years at the time appearing in the Entrance Examination ..

Examination Pattern :-

=Reasoning
=Quantitative Ability
=General Awareness
=English Language

Books for SAIL Examination :

3rd May 2013, 03:18 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Eligibility
Age Limit: 30 years as on 01st March, 2013, (not born earlier than 01st March, 1983)
Minimum Qualification
Management Trainee (Technical)

Degree in Engineering (full time) with 65% marks (average of all semesters), in the disciplines of Mechanical, Electrical, Metallurgy, Electronics, Instrumentation,
Ceramics, Civil, Computer Science (IT), Mining or Chemical Engineering
For Computer Science discipline MCA (3 years full time) with 65% marks (average of all semesters) are also eligible

Management Trainee (Administration)
HR, Marketing and Materials: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 60% marks (average of all subjects) with at least two years full time MBA/PG Diploma in Management with 60% marks in Human Resources/Personnel Management and Industrial Relations/Personnel Management/Masters in Human Resources and Organizational Development for HR discipline, Marketing for Marketing discipline and Production/Operations/Materials/Logistics and Supply Chain Management for Materials discipline
MT-Finance: CA/ICWA
MT (Tech): The SC/ST/PwD and Departmental candidates having Engineering Degree in the required disciplines with 55% marks (average of all semesters) shall be eligible to apply
MT (Admn): The SC/ST/PwD and Departmental candidates having bachelor’s degree with 50% marks (average of all subjects) and MBA/PG Diploma in Management in the relevant discipline with 50% shall be eligible to apply against HR and Materials disciplines

Upper Age Relaxation: 5 years for SC/ST; 3 years for OBC candidates; 10 years for Physically Handicapped candidates; domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 will be allowed 5 years relaxation in upper age limit; departmental candidates the upper age limit shall be 45 years

Syllabus of SAIL Management Trainee Recruitment 2013 :

The written test will have five sections-
Domain Knowledge Test (technical/admin.) for 100 marks in duration of 75 minutes
Aptitude Test for 100 marks in duration of 75 minutes.

Aptitude test will consist of four separate parts as below
Quantitative aptitude - 25 marks
Reasoning - 25 marks
English Verbal ability - 25 marks
General awareness - 25 marks

Overall this SAIL examination is of 200 marks in duration of 1.5 hours.There is negative marking for wrong answered questions.

To be eligible for group discussion and interview, candidate will have to qualify in each section by scoring minimum 50 percentile marks.
22nd July 2013, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

i'm a B.E. ELEC. student.
am i eligble for giving this test?
18th January 2014, 11:27 AM
diyu19

my date of birth is 19.1.1991 and 23 yrs old. whether iam eligibile to write sail 2014 management trainee (techincal) exam or not??? please do answer.
26th January 2014, 01:47 AM
Unregistered

I'm doing b.tech(EEE) from NSIT bihta, Patna . I want to know that how can i get a job in sail.??
9th July 2014, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

plz tell me about the post or position for B.E. student in sail or in maharatna, navratna, miniratna?
2nd January 2015, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

how much percentge is required for appear for Management Trainee insail being b.tech (CSE)?
21st August 2015, 01:43 AM
Unregistered

I had completed b.tech mechanical engineering after passed 12th standard. Plz tell me, Can i apply for the post of Operation cum technician (trainee) which is mainly for the diploma student.
2nd July 2017, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

Which PSU are opened for material science and engineering (B tech ) graduate ??????
Please answer???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?