25th July 2012, 11:21 AM

Required Qualification to join LLB course in IGNOU?

what qualification to do LLB from IGNOU

18th April 2013, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Required Qualification to join LLB course in IGNOU?

I am doing bsc hnt course but I want to become psc . so do I.
19th April 2013, 05:04 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Required Qualification to join LLB course in IGNOU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
The LLB course is not offered from IGNOU. It is forbidden by the Bar Council of India to offer LLB through correspondence or distance education. Therefore you will not find any distance education college like IGNOU offering the LLB course.

They offer a different law course. But the problem with this course is that Bar Council of India do not recognize it. Which is why it makes no sense to pursue the correspondence law course.

Since Bar Council of India do not recognize the course, you can not practice as lawyer in India. The local bar council will not allow you to register. Even jobs related to law courses are difficult to find.

Considering these factors, the only recommendation I will give you is to apply for the course through regular mode only. LLB completed through regular mode will make you lawyer and there will be no issue practicing in the court as lawyer.

For which you will have to forget about IGNOU and consider some other university. Delhi University for one still offers the 3 years LLB course. There are other universities in India that too offer law courses.

Eligibility

1. Bachelor degree in any stream.

2. Minimum of 45 percent marks in qualifying degree.

3. There is relaxation for SC/ST therefore they need 40 percent marks.

4. 30 is the maximum age limit to apply for the course.

5. 35 years is the age limit for SC/ST due to relaxation.

6. There is no relaxation for OBC.
19th April 2013, 08:41 PM
aklk224

Thumbs up Re: Required Qualification to join LLB course in IGNOU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
You must have graduation degree then only you can to apply for the 3year course of LLB. You have to only fill up the registration form and they will send you the prospectus and you have to start for the exams. At the time of exams , You have to visit the centers of exams as per the university refers and appear in the exams. The main subjects of LLB during the course are-Civil procedure code,Criminal procedure code,Indian penal code,Company law,Contract Act,Jurisprudence,International law,Evidence Act, Limitation Act.
10.Income tax Act

go to www.ignou.ac.in website you can find the latest updates

All the Best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?