4th October 2011, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

Required Technical Qualifications for Bank PO and Clerk Positions?

What is the minimum technical qualification for bank po and clerical posts when we are going to face an interview?

4th October 2011, 01:04 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Required Technical Qualifications for Bank PO and Clerk Positions?

No additiional technical qualifications are required to be eligible for bank PO and Clerk positions. A mere pass in graduation is enough in order to be eligible for bank PO positions.

In order to be eligible for bank clerk positions, one need to complete 12th standard from a recognized institute with a minimum of 50% of marks. This criteria may slightly vary from one bank to other bank.

For some bank PO positons to be eligible, one should have some computer certification with the course duration of 2-3 months.

The submission of this certificate is at the time of interview. This certificate is required only for the candidates who are of non technical background.

For the candidats of tehcnical background, it is not necessary to submit any computer certificate.

Bank positions are in hot demand these days. So, one should have stong preparation in order to crack bank exams.

The selection procedure fo bank exams is by
-written test
-interview

From this academic year, IBPS is conducting common written exam separately for the recruitment of probationary officers and clerks to 19 public sector banks.

Here is the official website for IBPS.
http://ibps.in/
4th October 2011, 01:06 PM
sidbond

There are no technical specifications as such for bank po, and clerical posts.

But it is assumed that you know about various banking processes in India, you may be asked on this. Also, they may seek you r suitability and aptitude for this area. "Why do you want to join Banking?" "Why not a career related to your degree?"

Be prepared. Be honest and be confident.

Best of luck.
4th October 2011, 01:08 PM
sidbond

There are no technical specifications as such for bank po, and clerical posts.

But it is assumed that you know about various banking processes in India, you may be asked on this. Also, they may seek you r suitability and aptitude for this area. "Why do you want to join Banking?" "Why not a career related to your degree?"

Be prepared. Be honest and be confident.

Best of luck.
4th October 2011, 01:17 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the minimum technical qualification for bank po and clerical posts when we are going to face an interview?
Dear friend,

In both cases , there are no required any technical round.

But they want only some basic computer Knowledge for both cases.

FOR BANK PO:-

Those candidate have completed their graduation degree from any recognized university are eligible for BANK PO exam.

They are not require any kind of percentage marks in graduation for this time.

But your age must be in between 20 to 30 years.Age relaxation is provide only for SC/ST/OBC candidate .For Sc/ST candidate have age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC candidate it is 3 years.

BANK PO exam consist of two steps 1) Written test 2)Personal Interview.

For written test you must be prepare for mathematics and general knowledge.Also you must have basic knowledge computer field.

Every bank set their own criteria .So it is not perfect criteria all BANK PO exam.

A new restriction has been imposed on the number of attempts for the candidates. For general number of attempts is 4, for OBC it is 7 and for SC/ST.

FOR CLERK EXAM:-

Only those candidate have completed 12th are eligible for BANK CLERK exam.

Your 10th marks must be above 60% and 12 the marks must be above 505 then you are eligible for BANK CLERK exam.

Also all candidate age must be in between 18 to 28 years.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

Selection process for IBPS exam-
1) Written Test
2)Personal Interview

For written test you must be care about mathematics and general knowledge

Thanks
4th October 2011, 02:29 PM
sandeepsonipoly

Smile Re: Required Technical Qualifications for Bank PO and Clerk Positions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
dear friend, here no technical qualification require for bank PO and clerical post.
Qualification for bank PO :
a candidate should be a degree with any recognized university and
Qualification for clerical exam;
a candidate should be 12th passed with any stream

exam pattern for bank PO and clerical post;
firstly bank conduct a written test on the basis of
>> general knowledge
>> verbal attitude
>> numerical ability
>> reasoning
>> computer knowledge
after clear written test candidate call for interview
a interview totally based on general question.
now IBPS a new group of 19 bank conduct a one exam for a group of banking and sbi also conduct a po and clerical post.
for more detail log on to
http://ibps.in
http://statebankofindia.com
good luck
*GAINT*
4th October 2011, 02:54 PM
Mannu2525

Dear,
If you want to ask technical qualification for Bank PO and Clerk then I would like to say, no technical knowledge is required to get into this profession.

Min. qualification for bank PO is given below
>> Graduation degree from any recognized university.
>> Min. age is 21 and max. age is 30 for examination.
>> Computer knowledge take it as a experience in interview.

For bank clerk, just 10+2 is required to get into bank job.
4th October 2011, 02:55 PM
raviyouth

Apart from you graduation ,You require some computer proficiency in MS-Office package like Excel,word...Atleast you have working knowledge of this software.

You can I also visit Ibps site for more information on tha same.
4th October 2011, 03:10 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

for some of the banks recruitement criteria , you should have to do some 3-6 months diploma in computer .
otherwise you just have to complete your graduation in any stream from a recognized college with 55% minimum.
you must have 60% in 12th.
a candidates must also be computer literate .
the age limit for this exam 21-30.
there are 5 yewars of relaxation for SC\ST candidates.
4th October 2011, 10:51 PM
anand5409

dear friend,
there are no any technical qualification required for bank PO or Clerk. eligiblity for bank PO is generally passed graduation with 50% by any subject. and for clerk passed 10+2 with 60% or passed graduation. in both cases you should have basic computer knowledge also.
5th October 2011, 12:38 AM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

If you fulfill with eligibility criteria is sufficient,there is no need of technical qualification.

Eligibility criteria for Bank PO:
Candidate should have completed graduation degree with any stream from a recognized university.
Age should be between 21 to 30 years

Eligibility criteria for Bank Clerk:
Candidate should have completed 12th class with any stream from a recognized university
Age should be between 18 to 28 years.
15th January 2012, 08:45 PM
abhisek.sonu

No additiional technical qualifications are required to be eligible for bank PO and Clerk positions. A mere pass in graduation is enough in order to be eligible for bank PO positions.

In order to be eligible for bank clerk positions, one need to complete 12th standard from a recognized institute with a minimum of 50% of marks. This criteria may slightly vary from one bank to other bank.

For some bank PO positons to be eligible, one should have some computer certification with the course duration of 2-3 months.

The submission of this certificate is at the time of interview. This certificate is required only for the candidates who are of non technical background.

For the candidats of tehcnical background, it is not necessary to submit any computer certificate.

Bank positions are in hot demand these days. So, one should have stong preparation in order to crack bank exams.

The selection procedure fo bank exams is by
-written test
-interview

From this academic year, IBPS is conducting common written exam separately for the recruitment of probationary officers and clerks to 19 public sector banks.

Here is the official website for IBPS.
http://ibps.in/
8th February 2012, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

hello sir/mam i have passed my 2 with 58.8% and graduation with 61.2% max. is i m elligible for giving bank clerk exam who r asking for 60% max in 2
pls reply
1st March 2012, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to have government computer certificate for clerk .I have done computer course from private and also done multimedia and animation course from xplora
3rd March 2012, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

I have 54.5% in matric and graduation.And i have completed BCA and PGDM 69.6% and 72% respectively.
plz let me know that, am i eligible for clerical and po jobs in banks..
thank you..
5th May 2012, 12:46 AM
Unregistered

Sir
I have 54 % in 10th, 70 % in 10 2 and 53 % in graduation (arts). Pse guide me wether i am

eligible for Bank PO in any 19 Nationalised Bank or Not. Also I m in Navy and leaving service

after 15 yrs so will i get age relaxation for bank PO or not.
26th May 2012, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

if my percentage is below 60% in high school,then am i eligible for bank clerk exam
26th May 2012, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

sir my percentage is below 60% in high school,tell me am i eligible for bank clerk exam
14th June 2012, 07:07 PM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

first you should be graduate.

Bank PO exam eligibility criteria:

Graduation from any recognised recognised university.

Age should be 21 to 30years and the relaxation for the reserved candidates.

Candidate should be an indian.

Question paper pattern:

Quantitative aptitude --- 50
QUESTIONS
English - -----------------50
QUESTIONS
reasoning ---------------- 50
QUESTIONS General awareness - ----50
QUESTIONS
and
computer ----------------- 50
QUESTIONS
31st October 2012, 03:32 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Hi!!!
Sir...

Here I am providing you, the possible information about the banks posts like PO (PROBATIONARY OFFICER) & CLERKS posts.
For the post like PO , you Just have to complete your graduation in any stream but from a recognized college. After graduation, there is a exam, through which you can apply for the Probationary Officer (PO) posts of the various banks.

This examination is known as the CWE (COMMON WRITTEN EXAMINATION),which is conducted by the IBPS (INSTITUTE OF THE BANKING & PERSONNEL SELECTIONS ), through this CWE examination, one can apply for the various posts in various nationalized banks.
There are almost 19 banks are available, which recruit their respective posts through this institution (IBPS).

Name of the participating BANKS -

The educational requirements for the PO -

# You must have at least a graduation degree in any stream, but from a recognized college.

# You must have scored at least 55% in graduation.This percentage criteria will be varied from one bank to another bank.

# You must have working knowledge of computer like program MS WORD, MS EXCEL, MS OFFICE ,TALLY. etc etc.you should have to do some 3-6 months diploma in computer .

# Candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation course are also eligible to apply for Bank PO Exams

Age limit-

21-30 years for the GENERAL candidates,Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.
i.e.
21-33 years for the OBC candidates ,
21-35 years for the SC\ST candidates.

IBPS PO EXAM PATTERN-

No. of attempts for PO exam-

4 for the GENERAL candidates,
7 for the OBC candidates,
No such restriction for the SC\ST candidates,.

Some educational criteria for the IBPS CLERKS POST EXAM--

# Minimum a 12th degree is required with at least 55% (AGGREGATE). This percentage criteria will be varied from one bank to another bank.

The age limit for this examination is 18-28 years, there are also some years of age relaxations are also applicable for the reserved category.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

Selection procedure for IBPS clerk exam-

1) Written Test (CWE)

2)Personal Interview

Clerks exam pattern-

Thank you!!!!!
~gamble~
12th July 2014, 12:42 AM
Unregistered

iam a b.tech final year civil student. I want to know the sources of abroad studies to me. iam studying b.tech through the diploma/polytechnic.its my dream to continje my further studies in abraod. so, please tell me the solution .thank you sir.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?