14th May 2017, 09:44 PM
Saumya Bh

Requirements to become an Astronaut after class 10th?

I want to become an astronaut. Now i am in class 10th. Please tell me what should i study and also tell me about each and every requirements.

15th May 2017, 12:02 AM
kachhadiyaramesh

Default Re: Requirements to become an Astronaut after class 10th?

After the class 10th, You should choose the science stream with physics, chemistry and maths as a main subjects.

Steps to Become Astraunaut
- Choose and Pass the (10+2) with PCM subjects.
- Choose the B.E./B.Tech In Aerospace/Aeronautical course and Pass with good grades.
- Appear the entrance exams of ISRO or NASA.
15th May 2017, 12:11 AM
ranu shahi

Look, firstly you have to complete your 10th and 12th , then after you have to complete your bachelor' degree in physical science, biological science , engineering from the reowned institutes like IIT's and IISC.

After that you have to apply for various recruitment exams conducted by NASA and ISRO for the posts of scientists, engineers or astronauts.

You can also go in this after completing your master's degree.
And now there are few institutes which provide astronaut courses :-
Raman Research Institute, Bangalore
National Centre for Radio Astro Physics, Pune
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumba.
15th May 2017, 07:08 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

You have to apply for science stream in intermediate after completion of matriculation standard from any recognized board. Then after go for graduation degree in technical stream or Science with Physics as the main subject. You can go for B.Sc Physics or B.Tech in mechanical stream. After completion of graduation degree, you have to appear in various entrance exams conducted by different space organisations like NASA, ISRO etc. Once you cleared the entrance exam for the post of Scientist trainee, you will be trained by the recruiting agaency like NASA, ISRO etc.
You may go for further study after completion of bachelor's for deep knowledge of your field. You may go for Ph.D in Astrophysics, Geophysics, Metaphysics etc.
15th May 2017, 09:27 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to become Astronaut after class 10th. You need to complete 12th standard.

Eligibility:

You want to build your career in space technology.

You have to choose science stream in 12th standard.

There after you have to choose graduation in space technology.

It is recommended to you to choose a intitute outside India for the said courses.
15th May 2017, 10:49 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

The minimum education qualification required to be as astronaut is Graduation degree from any affiliated university. You must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as the three main subjects in intermediate standard. So, my suggestion to you is that you shall apply for admission in Intermediate standard in any CBSE school with Non medical stream. After completion of intermediate standard, you have to pursue graduation degree. You can do either B.Sc. in Physics or Bachelor's of technology in Mechanical Engineering. Along with education qualifications, you have to fulfill the physical fitness also. Followign physical fitness is required to be an astronaut:
Blood Pressure: 140/90
Distant visual acuity: 20/100
Height between 62 and 75 inches.
15th May 2017, 10:45 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Requirements to become An Astronaut after completion of 10th Class:

There is a certain eligibility criteria in order to become an Astronaut after successful completion of 10th Class. The basic educational qualification required is as follows.

>> You must have successfully completed 10th Class from a recognized university.

>> After successful completion of 10th Class, I suggest you to pursue 12th Class with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry subjects.

>> After successful completion of 12th Class, I suggest you to B.E/ B.Tech or Bachelor of Science in Physics and Master of Science in Physics in order to be eligible.

>> ISRO issues official notification for filling up several vacancies on the basis of Graduation and then you may finally become an Astronaut.
16th May 2017, 12:36 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

For becoming an astronaut just after passing 10th, it is not possible.

You will have to complete your studies up to 12th with PCM stream i.e. Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics

Then, apply for engineering entrance exam so that you can get admission into a decent engineering institute that should have Aeronautical Engineering or Aerospace engineering branch in their campus.

After enrolling for Aerospace branch in college during counseling, you have to study this course up to 4 years.

Then, during placements, you can get a job into DRDO, HAL, etc.

Further, you could also get internship chances into ISRO.

And, then eventually your gateway to becoming Astronaut will be totally opened.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?