20th November 2019, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

Which Science subject combination is required to study Biomedical Engineering?

Hi, I want to study Biomedical Engineering degree course at Graduate level. I am presently in my 10th class and will be writing my 10th Board exams next year. So, in class 11th and 12th which Science group subjects should I opt and how much should I score in 10th?

22nd November 2019, 11:27 PM
sarika1993

Default Re: Which Science subject combination is required to study Biomedical Engineering?

To pursue a course Biomedical Engineering, One must have passed (10+2) in science stream with PCM or PCB subjects with at least 50% marks from a recognized board. So, you should choose the science stream at (10+2) with physics, chemistry and biology/mathematics subjects. Admission will be based on entrance exam JEE Main or university level separate entrance test.

Career Options In Biomedical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineer
- Biomedical Technician
- Bio Chemist
- Teacher
23rd November 2019, 04:06 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which Science subject combination is required to study Biomedical Engineering?

To pursue Biomedical Engineering after 12th standard, you will have to choose Science stream in 11th and 12th standard having subjects namely Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology.

You should have secured at least 50% marks in 12th standard to be eligible for pursuing Biomedical Engineering after 12th standard.

You should pass 10th standard, there is no such certain percentage requirement for 10th standard. However, you should at least score above 60% marks to be eligible for various jobs that you will apply in future.
24th November 2019, 12:22 PM
soumyadipghosh
Senior Member+

To study Biomedical Engineering you will have to score atleast 50% in intermediate with a subject combination of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology. Your 10th score will not be a matter whether you will go for Bio medical Engineering. But your 12th score will be a matter.
24th November 2019, 10:40 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

In order to study biomedical engineering the candidate must have passed 10 + 2 or equivalent examination form a recognised state or Central Board with at least 50% marks with physics, chemistry and mathematics/Biology as the major subjects for study.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?