1st February 2010, 10:31 PM
shikha jaiprakash dixit1

Scope of phd in biotechnology after msc biotechnology?

Respected sir,
I want to know about scope of phd in biotechnology after msc biotechnology. I have qualified GATE-2009 but my score is valid only upto 15 march 2010 so.where i can apply for phd,

Related Questions:
  1. What are the jobs in Biotechnology after completing MSc Biotechnology -- [Most Discussed]
  2. How and where can I join PhD in Industrial Biotechnology? Name of institutes and their requirements?
  3. How can I apply for Ph.D in Biotechnology after completing M.Sc in Biotechnology?
  4. Scope in Clinical research after M.Sc (Biotechnology)? Salary variation between PG Diploma and M.Tech (Biotechnology)? Scope of M.Tech (Biotechnology) after M.Sc? Areas of jobs?
  5. Information about MSc Biotechnology? I have completed BSc Biotechnology
  6. Whether I should go for MBA or Ph.D. after M.Sc. in Biotechnology?
  7. From which college to pursue M.Tech? Which branches are available in M.Tech and what is the fee structure?
  8. What can I do between MSc Biotechnology and MBA after completing BSc with Biotechnology
  9. What is the scope of Biotechnology after MSc in Biotechnology? How much is the package?
  10. Place of pursuing Ph.D in biotechnology after M.Sc in Biotechnology? -- [New]
  11. How to do Ph.D in biotechnology from abroad? I am pursuing MSc Biotechnology
  12. Which has a better scope in India, MSc Toxicololgy or Biotechnology?
  13. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Marine Biotechnology? I am pursuing MSc Biotechnology
  14. Institutes offering Ph.D in Biotechnology in India through GATE?
  15. How to get opportunity to pursue PhD in Biotechnology with fellowship in Germany?
  16. Universities for doing PhD in Biotechnology through distance mode?
  17. How to do MSc biotechnology? I am a student of BSc Biotechnology
  18. Which is best course between M.Sc in Biotechnology and Microbiology in India and Abroad after completing B.Sc. in Biotechnology?
2nd February 2010, 02:11 PM
Aishwary

Default Re: Scope of phd in biotechnology after msc biotechnology?

hiii you should take best university.....
And in this field there is more scope you dont worry......
2nd February 2010, 10:15 PM
amit04051988
Senior Member+

hi

The areas where biotechnology has grown in India include Bioinformatics, Agricultural biotechnology, Bio fertilizers, National Bioresource Development, Plant Biology, Marine Biotechnology and the like.

According to a survey conducted by Ernst and Young, Asia is set to become a hotbed for biotechnology related research and development and India is supposed to emerge as a destination which will see a notable expansion in the biotechnology sector.

best of luck
2nd February 2010, 11:47 PM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

you are very much eligible for applying into any university in india as all unversity accept GATE scores and you will be very intrested to know that the scope is so vivid and wide hat you can't even imagine you can apply in some of the following sectors after persuing phd in biotechnology they are lecturar,agriculture researcher, junior research assoicate, botanist,zoologist, marine biologist, quality control expert, and many more for further details do write to me and i will let you know about some of more expertise jobs after diong phd in biotechnology wish you luck and sucess in future . bye take care
3rd February 2010, 09:12 PM
gunjan pande

hello dear,

the scopes are endless.its good that you are havind a gate score,but why u have not applied earlier?

have a look over ccmb hyderabad,baarc.
or try in biocon india for a job.

all the best.
3rd February 2010, 09:19 PM
Mintoo
Senior Member++

I think MBA is much better for you after msc biotechnology than Phd in biotecnology.....
19th February 2010, 03:27 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

yes you can surely apply for it, there are very wide scope if you do phd in boitechnology after msc. i think you shuld go for it soon.
20th February 2010, 04:57 PM
Esha Sharma
Senior Member+

Hey Friend
If you want to make a carrier in academics and have full interest in teaching then phd is definitely a better option or you instead of MBA.
15th August 2010, 03:25 AM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend,
After Phd, there will be better option for you that you can do research work, or you can be recruited as a professor in many prestigious institute like IITs,NITs& others.
so don't worry about your future, just do it as you want.

good luck.
7th September 2010, 01:29 AM
Unregistered

I am facing the same confusion
8th September 2010, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

hi am msc student from kerala, can u ppl pls name any institutes in us or canada or europe, thats offering a phd in biotechnology with scholarship..
19th September 2010, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

after msc biotechnology go for msc bt it offers a bright future or go to lakhnau for two month training in life science dept. to have exp.
20th September 2010, 01:14 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

a good scope and opportunity is available for student of p.hd in biotechnology. as you have qualified in GATE examination surely you already get a good university to complete your p.hd. after p.hd you may continue your job in research field.
you may join as a lecturer in an institution.
also you can contact in government and private sector in which recruitment of phd in biotechnology is possible.
best wishes.
19th October 2010, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

there are lots of scopes for biotechnology in india as well as in states and as genetics is the most intresting use ful evolving topic of today u can try for genetics also main topic is dna fingerprinting and also eugenics u can try for any of these but there is much better chances for it in us or london it is better for u to try there
21st October 2010, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

respected sir
I m persuing MSc in microbial technology.I have studied microbiology both industrial n medical microbiology,bioinstrumenation,immunology,genetics n rDNA technology,molecular biology,bioinformatics,IPRs.I want 2 know which field is d best for research??
7th November 2010, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

sir
i m doing msc biotech ,and later iwant to doing phd ,so iwant to know how would i prepare for the phd entrance exam.
9th November 2010, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

hello sir/madam
i have done my m.sc biotechnology from rajasthan university n persuing phd in plant biotechnology. and i want to do job in the same field. please suggest me something to do as job.
thank you
12th November 2010, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir/madam
i am aravindhan.t ,i am finish Msc Marine Biotechnology i am interested for phd and project fellowshops and scholarships sir ,ple help me sir any jobs and project also thank u every much .....
25th November 2010, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

hiiiii dear mma name is charanjeet singh you can tell me plz what is the scope of msc bitechnology m student of bsc bitoch nd still m confiused what i should to do after bsc biotec so plz guid me if i want be do work in snake venom than its possible in biotech field
26th November 2010, 05:25 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

HELLO,
you want to persue PhD in biotechnology,that's very nice.it's the time for biotechnology.moreover it's beneficial for you after PhD,biotech companies will prefer you after PhD.you can also take GRE(graduation record examination),which will lead you to abroad & you will have more opportunities for this field.
17th December 2010, 12:09 AM
Unregistered

i want to do phd from out of INDIA is it aright dicision as i am doing msc biotech and i can do job and phd both
27th December 2010, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

Plz sugest about mba biotech.
17th March 2011, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

dear sir/ mam
I am Venkatachalam.A, i have completed my Master degree in Biotechnology (M.Sc- Biotechnology), now i would like to, jion PhD in university in India, so please tell me the best University name and scope of PhD.If any job is there for the M.Sc qualification means please inform me. thank you.
18th March 2011, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

dear sir/madam,
can i pursue a course in nanotechnology after completing my b.sc in biotech ?? and is nanotechnology related to biology ??
19th March 2011, 03:11 PM
Unregistered

can u guide wheather phd or mba is better after msc in biotechnology. also can u please give me the list of universities offering phd in biotechnology in india.
19th March 2011, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

can u guide wheather phd or mba is better after msc in biotechnology. also can u please give me the list of universities offering phd in biotechnology in india.
22nd March 2011, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

i have done m.sc biotech. i want to do ph.d in same field from abroad with scholarship plz suggest me wat should i do
17th April 2011, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

Scope of doing phd after mtech in Biotechnology
24th April 2011, 12:56 AM
Unregistered

I NEED A GOOD JOB I HAVE COMPLETED MY MSC BOITECHNOLOGY PLZ PLZ HELP ME OUT.
25th April 2011, 01:20 AM
Unregistered

dear sir/madem i have completed msc. in biotechnology. but now l am in a fix what can i do or what can not do. plz guide me where is the best scope of biotechnology? what type jobs offers after msc biotechnology
6th May 2011, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Scope of phd in biotechnology after msc biotechnology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
dear sir/madam,
can i pursue a course in nanotechnology after completing my b.sc in biotech ?? and is nanotechnology related to biology ??
Nanotechnology is definitely related to biology and you can pursue nanotech after Bsc. The field is very exciting and you can target the nanoparticles for cancer treatment much effectively then other therapies.
14th May 2011, 09:53 PM
Gita Irudhayaraj
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Scope of phd in biotechnology after msc biotechnology?

hi friend, in all subjects Phd., has a lot of scope. that, in biotechnology there is an lot of scope. You can try some private or government colleges. Join soon.

All the best.
25th May 2011, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

hi...
i have completed msc biotech.. i wish to join post graduate 1 year course in clinical research.
Anna univ and apollo hosp are giving a 1 year course with 6 month internship. will it help to get good payscale job and will it be useful in PhD too..
2nd June 2011, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

I have done graduation with Botany Hons.,Master's Degree in Plant Physiology(Agricultural Sc.) with a first class first degree and Gold medal from Calcutta University and currently pursuing PhD in Plant Biotechnology..What are the scopes of jobs in future..will I be eligible as a lecturer after completing my PhD..I have not qualified NET though..I have been awarded scholarship by DST,new Delhi to obtain my PhD. degree..pls reply..
5th June 2011, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear sir/madam
i am aravindhan.t ,i am finish Msc Marine Biotechnology i am interested for phd and project fellowshops and scholarships sir ,ple help me sir any jobs and project also thank u every much .....
u can go through annamalaiuniversity website,there is a marine biology department and contact there. u can get some information
10th June 2011, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

Which branch of biotechnology is most demanding-agricultural or medical?
7th July 2011, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

hi...i have recently completed m.sc biotechnology....what is the qualification i require to get into a biotech company other than my post graduate degree.....plz suggest me some advice..........thnak q...
7th July 2011, 11:07 PM
chauhan99

hi dear,
a good scope and opportunity is available for student of p.hd in biotechnology. as you have qualified in GATE examination surely you already get a good university to complete your p.hd. after p.hd you may continue your job in research field.
also you can contact in government and private sector in which recruitment of phd in biotechnology is possible.

thanks
20th July 2011, 10:57 PM
rajsad

which is better , a PhD or an mba after an MSc in biotechnology?
31st July 2011, 01:59 AM
Unregistered

Hi! Could anybody suggest the best for me what I should opt for project topic in my M.Sc(biotech) IIyr from GGU, Bilaspur as i have to go ahead with the same project after completing this course? I have options in Animal, Environment, Micro except medical.
5th August 2011, 03:11 PM
Unregistered

im doing phd in agri.biotechnology from sardar vallabh bhai patel agri university, but my problem is my acedemic record is not good i had passed my all exam expect m.sc. in second devision so after getting phd degree.i will have good future or not.please suggest me wheter i join phd or not.
15th September 2011, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

helo sir,
i m pursuing Msc Biotech...i want to go for Ph.D. in Biotechnology.
What are the possible options except NET (other Entrances)?
Kindly advise.
22nd September 2011, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

My Msc biotech is going to complete next year....what iam supposed to do after that?????....plz guide me.and in my research session what field i should opt.is there any scope in analytical biotech?if i choose it's related field as my research programe?
5th October 2011, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

go for places like iisc, tifr, nii, igib, icgeb, ccmb, iits, nd many others!
16th October 2011, 12:30 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

You want to do Ph.D after M.Sc Course.Its very nice.Its depends on your skills and capabilities.Most of the colleges require you to have at least 60% in your graduation.Some of the institutes conduct entrance exams and some of them require at least two Research Publications for the Ph.D programs.This course is of generally 4 years duration and is provided by many institutes across India.
The minimum eligibility is that you should be a post graduate in any stream of science. other option to get admission in colleges for ph.d. course after M.Sc. course you should have to apply for GATE entrance exam and have to pass this exam to get admission in private colleges for PhD. program...You can go with your personal interest.
Good luck.
All the best.
31st October 2011, 04:16 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

The areas where biotechnology has grown in India include Bioinformatics, Agricultural biotechnology, Bio fertilizers, National Bioresource Development, Plant Biology, Marine Biotechnology and the like.

According to a survey conducted by Ernst and Young, Asia is set to become a hotbed for biotechnology related research and development and India is supposed to emerge as a destination which will see a notable expansion in the biotechnology sector.

best of luck
31st October 2011, 04:17 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

hi dear,
31st October 2011, 05:31 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

you are very much eligible for applying into any university in india as all unversity accept GATE scores and you will be very intrested to know that the scope is so vivid and wide hat you can't even imagine you can apply in some of the following sectors after persuing phd in biotechnology they are lecturar,agriculture researcher, junior research assoicate, botanist,zoologist, marine biologist, quality control expert, and many more for further details do write to me and i will let you know about some of more expertise jobs after diong phd in biotechnology wish you luck and sucess in future . bye take care
21st December 2011, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

after doind M.sc in biotechnology it is good to go for phD. but choose your bose correctly
2nd March 2012, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

is there good opportuity in agrobiotech?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?