30th November 2009, 06:42 PM
komal.s

Which second option is better if first option is Geography / sociology for civil serv

Hi,
I would like to know which second option better suits if first option is Geography / sociology for civil service exam?
Thank's
komal

Related Questions:
  1. Details regarding Assam civil services examination? Which other career option I can choose after completing MA from Geography apart from teaching?
  2. Procedure to get admission in Ph.D at IGNOU after completing MA in Sociology? Is IGNOU best option for Ph.D? -- [New]
  3. UPSC - Coaching Institutes in Delhi and Pune, Options (Law or Geography)
  4. Is there any scope of studying Master of Social Work for Sociology graduate?
  5. How can I take Law as an option in mains UPSC? I'm in 1st year Ph.D (Agriculture) in New Delhi and preparing for civil service exam
  6. Ph.D in Sociology is a good option for PG in Sociology, Political Science and Journalism & Mass Communication student?
  7. Would you prefer a field that interests you or a field which has confirmed high salaried job? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Geography graduate can do further studies in Oceanography?
  9. Is it a good option to go for IES from Civil?
  10. IAS after B.E(CSE)? How to choose another subject?
  11. How can I apply for Deloitte System Engineer Off-Campus Drive being a B.Tech graduate?
  12. Do I have any chance to appear in government sector after completing B.E in CSE?
  13. Which subjects are better for B.E Computer Science Engineering candidate to take for IAS exam?
  14. Do I have any option to enter in AMU? I have done diploma in Civil Engineering
  15. Which is the best career option for me after completing intermediate with MPC with 60% marks
  16. Which career option will be better after completion of B.E Civil
  17. Can I select Civil Services option after completing B.Com?
  18. Career options after MBBS after not making through to PG entrance?
8th December 2009, 11:25 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Which second option is better if first option is Geography / sociology for civil

IT depends on which subject you have good command.

according to me 'HISTORY' or english better suite.
8th December 2009, 08:11 PM
Jeyaganesan

Default Re: Which second option is better if first option is Geography / sociology for civil

Refer the following link

http://www.upsc.gov.in/general/civil.htm#List%20of%20Optional%20Subjects%20(Liter ature)%20-%20CS%20(Main)
8th December 2009, 08:18 PM
vetriselvi
Senior Member+

The second option will be based on the graduation you have perceived or can select on the basis of where you have a wider knowledge. All the best.
9th December 2009, 08:33 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi komal,
it depends on your interest and educational back ground,choose a subject which you really feel comfortable with,
all the best
19th December 2009, 08:09 PM
anurag kumar

Location: H.No.-101, first floor, dagar house, bijwasan New Delhi-110061.
Default Re: Which second option is better if first option is Geography / sociology for civil serv

Hi,
In my view I also suggest you to study with some other subjects like Hindi, English, and History but choosing Geography is the first and best for the civil service examination.
My best wishes is always with you.
20th December 2009, 12:44 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Which second option is better if first option is Geography / sociology for civil serv

the second subject depend on which subject you have a better command...............
if you go on my words the english should be the second option for your exams.......

best of luck
21st December 2009, 10:57 PM
anuja
Senior Member+

well it will totally depend upon your area of interest,go for only that option in which you feel that you can clear that paper.all the best.
3rd January 2010, 08:14 PM

according to me

geography is best option
its more interesting

we get to go at various places

and it has lots of scope & payment

good luck
9th January 2010, 04:50 AM
ryan
Senior Member+

geography is always the best option for the second language.

because it is very interesting
and easy to score marks.
and most of the aspirants choose this subject.
12th February 2010, 07:50 PM
thakurbaba307

either take political science/history, which will greatly aid you in your preparation for your general studies.
18th May 2010, 10:13 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

Its totally depends on your interest and command on the
subjects, but according to me english or history is the
best option for you. but overall its totally depends on
you, so choose accordingly..............

ok
all the best.
20th May 2010, 03:57 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

it will totally depend upon your area of interest.
geography is best option its more interesting and easy to score marks.
30th January 2011, 04:36 PM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
IT depends on which subject you have good command.

Thanks.
Best of luck.
29th March 2012, 06:23 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

T depends on which subject you have good command.

9th November 2012, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

I am Seema, a student of b.tech in electronics & comm. engg. but i want to choose mains subjects in art. what are best options for me?
15th December 2018, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

Please tell me that m.tech from bits pilani after bca is equivalent to which degree for the govt. Jobs
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?